Main Menu

Gheenoe

Started by AmericanRobster, May 11, 2007, 01:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanRobster

Does anyone here own a gheenoe? how do you like it? Is it easy to paddle?

I have a friend of mine who knows someone who is selling a like new gheenoe really cheap. I might buy it.

Thanks,
Rob
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

bigscrub79

They do make really good flats boats. If it is cheap and in good shape I would buy it. You can buy a little motor later on.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

AmericanRobster

Quote from: bigscrub79 on May 11, 2007, 01:20:06 AM
They do make really good flats boats. If it is cheap and in good shape I would buy it. You can buy a little motor later on.

Thanks alot. I have heard alot of good things about them. I plan to paddle it for now and then maybe get a motor for it. My friend said that I could put a 25HP motor on it without a problem. I hope that it's the 15'4 model.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

KSCFIRE

If you buy it, you'll keep it forever. I've had mine now for almost 20 years now. I've had other boats come and go but still have my Gheenoe. They can be a little harder to paddle compared to a normal canoe because of weight the differance, but it shoudn't be enough to not buy it. I've also found it to be a bit more stable too.
2004 Polaris 700 SP
26" Mud-Lites
3.0 Warn winch

My other ATV is a tank.

Young Gun

We have one and love it.  You can get into such shallow water, its mind-boggling.  Ours isnt that stable when you stand up but is if you have your "sea legs".
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

AmericanRobster

Quote from: Rebel on May 12, 2007, 02:22:33 AM
We have one and love it.  You can get into such shallow water, its mind-boggling.  Ours isnt that stable when you stand up but is if you have your "sea legs".

Is it really tipsy?
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Young Gun

Quote from: americanrobster on May 12, 2007, 04:29:26 AM
Quote from: Rebel on May 12, 2007, 02:22:33 AM
We have one and love it.  You can get into such shallow water, its mind-boggling.  Ours isnt that stable when you stand up but is if you have your "sea legs".

Is it really tipsy?

Sitting down, its a stable craft.  When you go to stand up you gotta be careful.  Once you get used to it its a breeze and great boat.
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

AmericanRobster

Quote from: Rebel on May 12, 2007, 01:03:41 PM
Quote from: americanrobster on May 12, 2007, 04:29:26 AM
Quote from: Rebel on May 12, 2007, 02:22:33 AM
We have one and love it.  You can get into such shallow water, its mind-boggling.  Ours isnt that stable when you stand up but is if you have your "sea legs".

Is it really tipsy?

Sitting down, its a stable craft.  When you go to stand up you gotta be careful.  Once you get used to it its a breeze and great boat.

Awesome! just keep all the weight in the middle

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

KSCFIRE

Not as tipsy as a regular canoe.
2004 Polaris 700 SP
26" Mud-Lites
3.0 Warn winch

My other ATV is a tank.

AmericanRobster

Quote from: KSCFIRE on May 12, 2007, 05:04:20 PM
Not as tipsy as a regular canoe.

From the design they look very stable.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road