Ordering new steering stem, but need messurement

Started by svtbolt04, May 04, 2007, 02:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

svtbolt04

I am going to order a new Houser stem for my 06 YFZ450, I believe they were +1 or somthing factory.. They are taller than the 04-05.. I want it back to stock because I am going to be putting on flexx bars that I believe are high bends..I just dont know if I should get the +1 or the +2 since they dont really say which year they are for when I order...

Let me know, thanks!
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

lawn_man mx

      go  with the +1     06 yfz is  13/16''  taller than  04 -05 yfz         
           +13/16''= +1
            +1 3/16''=+2         hope this helps         info  is from  magicracing.com   controls page  ;D
       
05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58

svtbolt04

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

backinsaddle

Quote from: svtbolt04 on May 04, 2007, 02:51:38 AM
I am going to order a new Houser stem for my 06 YFZ450, I believe they were +1 or somthing factory.. They are taller than the 04-05.. I want it back to stock because I am going to be putting on flexx bars that I believe are high bends..I just dont know if I should get the +1 or the +2 since they dont really say which year they are for when I order...

Let me know, thanks!

when i ordered my flexx bars from atp, they told me the bars are about 3/4" lower than stock...may want to check it out

#21yfz

i ordered a +1 over stock houser stem for my 06 yfz and pro taper mid bend bars and its taller then stock but not by to much..however i did have to reroute my throttle and clutch cables to make them long enough to have slack..i have a stock 06 stem if your interested