Oversized bars install question?

Started by greenmachine, May 05, 2007, 04:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenmachine

I know this isnt the tech section, but I thought this would be the best place for this ?   I have a kfx400, I want to install ovesized bars & risers. WIll I have to change brake lines & or clutch & brake clamps? What is the best 7/8" & 1 1/8" bar & riser  setup for XC?  Also, I dont want to change the stem yet.
Thanks for any help before I buy.

TRX450R_Racer

If you get 1 1/8 bars you will need a new bar mount. I likt the bigger bars because there isn't a cross bar. You don't need to change anything else. The bars taper to 7/8" so eveything still mounts the same.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

greenmachine

What brand bar? I am looking to get something like rox riser blocks. Not sure what heigth.

sykolincoln

I got the renthal titanium twin walls on my trike, to mount them I got the moose big bar adapters (about 40-50 bucks) they mount in your factory bar mount then you mount the biger bar to them, you can also get them in differnt rise's  to your liking they work very well for me.
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS