Battle of the 400EX slip-on exhaust

Started by FoxHondaRider, April 29, 2007, 09:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is exhaust gives more performance?

HMF Sport Series Slip-on
7 (77.8%)
White Bros E Series Slip-on
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

FoxHondaRider

Yes I have posted a poll before on which exhaust would be better.  But the search has been narrowed down to what seems the better exhaust in my opinion from info I gathered.  Price is not a concern on these I just wanted to know which one performs better EX: HP gain or torque.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

FoxHondaRider

#1
HMF:



White Bros:
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

FoxHondaRider

After searching hours in forums and looking at graphs... the HMF slip-on will give me a 4HP increase and about 7lbs torque.  Also I just ordered a K & N air filter and outerwear which claims 15% HP increase with a Jet Kit.  I am looking at about 32 HP @ the wheels I figure and all for under $400.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Ryan561

i got a yoshi and its great but i think that the curtis sparks is the best
2005 trx 400ex       Pro Armor bumper
yoshi RS-3             Pro Armor killswich
jetted                   DG nerfs
K&N filter

2006 KX 250F
Its got everything

FoxHondaRider

Yeah I like Curtis Sparks but they are expensive. 
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Chuck_Norris

I am running the "E" series 2 very please with performance and the DB level

FoxHondaRider

I had the E-Series loved the sound level and it was unique but I'm not sure power wise because  I beat everyone with everything done to their 400's.  Then I took it off and ran with the stock exhaust and I still beat everyone which made me come to the conclusion along with everyone else that my 400ex is not stock inside the motor. 
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

FoxHondaRider

To me it seems a lot of people are satisfied more with the HMF.  Its cheaper and adds 3.5-4HP.  White Bros adds 2-4 Peak HP and cost more.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Chillinthemost

There are only so many ways to make a "glasspack". I have a hard time believing you would see much difference in performance between any of them. Difference in quality maybe. I run a stock exhaust on my bike because of durability, the aluminum cans fall apart. I dont give away too many races.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

FoxHondaRider

Well right now my 400ex is stock but I can run with a Banshee and beat other 400's that are modded.  So I wonder if it is worth it or not to get a Slip-on exhaust for it. 
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Chillinthemost

I'd save my $400 and buy gas and ride the crap out of it. Buy a good set of tires and save up for a set of shocks or for your step up to a 450.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

FoxHondaRider

Actually I don't want a 450, I don't care for them.  I can get 450R front shocks for $200.  Is it worth it?
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

gearhead400

i got them for 100 and they were worth it.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

FoxHondaRider

so they made that much more of a ride difference?  Where did you get them for $100?
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

FoxHondaRider

Well so far HMF is winning all the votes and seems like a better choice.  Gearhead400 get back to me were you picked up those shocks so cheap.


Thanks
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

FoxHondaRider

Clearly HMF won.  Thanks for the help everyone.   If you still have any opinion or haven't voted please do so.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

FoxHondaRider

Anyone know where I can find an HMF Slip-on for the cheapest price?  Motosport is $239. 
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

FoxHondaRider

Motosport had a memorial day sale only $203 for the HMF and I didnt order it now its back to $239  :(
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com