Main Menu

Dodge K&N

Started by ucfneed2ride, May 04, 2007, 01:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ucfneed2ride

I recently installed a K&N intake and filter in my 2004 Dodge 1500 5.7 Hemi and my engine seems to be bogging down. I thought maybe it was something I did wrong but then my buddy put one in his and it is doing the same thing. I was very happy with the power of this truck until I installed the K&N. It feels like it is bogging down before down shifting. Does anyone know what this could be from? I have had someone say I need to put a new muffler or dual exhaust because the stock muffler cant handle all the air that is being breathed in. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks!
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

Smoknbanshee

I am trying to think, but I don't have any answers.  I have a diesel, so it is hard to think about a gas engine without thinking of a turbo on it.  Good luck with it.  Possible call K&N and see what they say.  I am not a fan of K&N, I run an AFE intake on my truck.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

dodgefsu

A friend has a 2007 chevy silverado  did the same thing,,,, the ONLY fix is to dual exhaust and put a chip in....  a complete waste of time..
300 hp at 4000-5000 rpm it is not worth it....sorry

ucfneed2ride

Yeah I will definitely NOT be putting a chip in. I want to get some dual exhaust anyways, and if that doesnt fix the problem, I will be taking the K&N out.
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

Alba450

I put a K&N intake in my Ford Lightning before I put in by BORLA Cat-Back and it never bogged down.  Its probably a Dodge thing. lol  It shouldn't do that.  The EFI should automatically adjust to the K&N intake becuase its gettting more air.

The 1st day I put the BORLA Cat-Back on the truck didnt run so smooth.  After about a day of driving the truck adjusted itself and it ran alot better in the low end.
Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"

Fox17

Quote from: Alba450 on June 05, 2007, 02:25:18 PM
I put a K&N intake in my Ford Lightning before I put in by BORLA Cat-Back and it never bogged down.  Its probably a Dodge thing. lol   It shouldn't do that.  The EFI should automatically adjust to the K&N intake becuase its gettting more air.

The 1st day I put the BORLA Cat-Back on the truck didnt run so smooth.  After about a day of driving the truck adjusted itself and it ran alot better in the low end.

thats what i think. i just put one in my Tundra and its fine. it has a lil more power too.

ucfneed2ride

It may be a Dodge thing but there must be a reason and a way to correct the problem. If not, I dont have a problem taking it out as I was happy with the power without the filter. Thanks for the suggestions, if anyone else has any experience with this please let me know!
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

Mars

Disconect your battery for a few minutes. You need to clear your fuel trim memory. The ECM will needs to adjust for the change in the intake.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com