New Truck questions?

Started by greenmachine, May 02, 2007, 09:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: bushwacker on May 02, 2007, 06:15:17 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on May 02, 2007, 06:13:38 PM
Quote from: countryplayboy on May 02, 2007, 05:10:12 PM
you need a shevy 2500 duramax disel i hav a 50 ft trailer and it pulls it no problem

Who makes SHEVY??  Highlander is that you?

MR SWAMPUS. I was asking you to concur :o

Oh Sir, Yes Sir I have to say...dem GMC trucks not be so cheap nor dem Shevys..dats why I is boughts me's a FORD... dey is a real truck and for sho more cheaper den dem Shevys...but I's not knnow near as much as dat 15yr old feller....so you's may wants to listen to him's and get dem GMC's, for cheaper.

big-daddy

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on May 02, 2007, 08:06:22 PM
Quote from: bushwacker on May 02, 2007, 06:15:17 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on May 02, 2007, 06:13:38 PM
Quote from: countryplayboy on May 02, 2007, 05:10:12 PM
you need a shevy 2500 duramax disel i hav a 50 ft trailer and it pulls it no problem

Who makes SHEVY??  Highlander is that you?

MR SWAMPUS. I was asking you to concur :o

Oh Sir, Yes Sir I have to say...dem GMC trucks not be so cheap nor dem Shevys..dats why I is boughts me's a FORD... dey is a real truck and for sho more cheaper den dem Shevys...but I's not knnow near as much as dat 15yr old feller....so you's may wants to listen to him's and get dem GMC's, for cheaper.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ;D ;D ;D ;D^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

kawGIRL

We just traded our 05 F250 SD 4x4 Crew Cab Diesel for a 07 F350 FX4x4 SD Diesel Crew Cab and it gets better MPG than the F250 did so far.
We get about 10 MPG towing our 28' 5th Wheel ToyHauler...but the truck is not broke in yet ;) oh and our payment went down 70.00 a month  ;D
I LOVE the Ford F Series  ;D  We did GMC and Chevy's for 10 years so I know all about them  ::)
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

trx#9

Quote from: dynodon on May 02, 2007, 06:25:21 PM
I have a 97` f350 power stroke 7.3, 5 speed manual,4x4w/ lock outs pull a 32` goose neck to Louisianna last month loaded and got 18-20 mpg @ about 80mph on the highway.

I also have a 03` f250 power stroke ( 7.3) auto, 4x4, I have not pulled with it yet, but I get 21-24 mpg with it
Damn those are some fuzzy #'s. So your getting 10 miles a gallon better than all these other Fords. You must be driving down hill all the time. ???
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

xr100racer

i gots me a dodge and she pulls 57' goosey down there to georgia and back gettins me 32mpg cruisin bout 120mph. up hill the whole way and back

trx#9

Quote from: JohnF on May 02, 2007, 10:06:17 PM
i gots me a dodge and she pulls 57' goosey down there to georgia and back gettins me 32mpg cruisin bout 120mph. up hill the whole way and back
You must have a programmer in there.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

MuddFreak77

Quote from: trx#9 on May 02, 2007, 09:58:16 PM
Quote from: dynodon on May 02, 2007, 06:25:21 PM
I have a 97` f350 power stroke 7.3, 5 speed manual,4x4w/ lock outs pull a 32` goose neck to Louisianna last month loaded and got 18-20 mpg @ about 80mph on the highway.

I also have a 03` f250 power stroke ( 7.3) auto, 4x4, I have not pulled with it yet, but I get 21-24 mpg with it
Damn those are some fuzzy #'s. So your getting 10 miles a gallon better than all these other Fords. You must be driving down hill all the time. ???

in 97 I think the F250 PS had a 3.55 rear gear
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: MuddFreak77 on May 02, 2007, 10:16:37 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on May 02, 2007, 09:58:16 PM
Quote from: dynodon on May 02, 2007, 06:25:21 PM
I have a 97` f350 power stroke 7.3, 5 speed manual,4x4w/ lock outs pull a 32` goose neck to Louisianna last month loaded and got 18-20 mpg @ about 80mph on the highway.

I also have a 03` f250 power stroke ( 7.3) auto, 4x4, I have not pulled with it yet, but I get 21-24 mpg with it
Damn those are some fuzzy #'s. So your getting 10 miles a gallon better than all these other Fords. You must be driving down hill all the time. ???

in 97 I think the F250 PS had a 3.55 rear gear

Yep.

trx#9

Its not going to improve that much.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

MuddFreak77

Quote from: trx#9 on May 02, 2007, 11:29:34 PM
Its not going to improve that much.

You would be suprised
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

Prairie Master

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on May 02, 2007, 11:11:06 PM
Quote from: MuddFreak77 on May 02, 2007, 10:16:37 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on May 02, 2007, 09:58:16 PM
Quote from: dynodon on May 02, 2007, 06:25:21 PM
I have a 97` f350 power stroke 7.3, 5 speed manual,4x4w/ lock outs pull a 32` goose neck to Louisianna last month loaded and got 18-20 mpg @ about 80mph on the highway.

I also have a 03` f250 power stroke ( 7.3) auto, 4x4, I have not pulled with it yet, but I get 21-24 mpg with it
Damn those are some fuzzy #'s. So your getting 10 miles a gallon better than all these other Fords. You must be driving down hill all the time. ???

03 F350 FX4 Dually 18-20 MPG not towing  11-12 while Towing the gearbox
in 97 I think the F250 PS had a 3.55 rear gear

Yep.
02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife

bluestroker

I have a 03' F350 6.0 I get about 15-16 mpg average and about 12-13 mpg with my 17' boat on. but I just replace my fuel filters (b/c the dealer where I bought it from sold it to me with dirty filters j/k swamp) and I am getting a cold air intake  I already have a programmer on it. I need to check it now but I am hoping to get better gas mileage
02 - Grizzly 660
ITP Rims
Winch
1 1/2 in spacers (Front and Back)

backwoods boy

git a 6.0 psd weve got one w/ over 100k mi and have never had a problem cept oil changes its never been to the shop [it did have 1 recall but it was fixed for free] and we beat the crap out of this truck we were gitten atleast 15mpg towin a trailer w/ our jeep n gocart n gear coolers etc 2 hrs to rr ive heard of people havin problems w/ them if they dont use them for wat there made but my step dad drives it for work roughly 100-175 miles a day loaded down w/ all sorts of crap
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: trx#9 on May 02, 2007, 10:12:10 PM
Quote from: JohnF on May 02, 2007, 10:06:17 PM
i gots me a dodge and she pulls 57' goosey down there to georgia and back gettins me 32mpg cruisin bout 120mph. up hill the whole way and back
You must have a programmer in there.

Yea and in 6 feet of snow. ;)

Anoriginal


Chuck_Norris

Quote from: trx#9 on May 02, 2007, 09:58:16 PM
Quote from: dynodon on May 02, 2007, 06:25:21 PM
I have a 97` f350 power stroke 7.3, 5 speed manual,4x4w/ lock outs pull a 32` goose neck to Louisianna last month loaded and got 18-20 mpg @ about 80mph on the highway.

I also have a 03` f250 power stroke ( 7.3) auto, 4x4, I have not pulled with it yet, but I get 21-24 mpg with it
Damn those are some fuzzy #'s. So your getting 10 miles a gallon better than all these other Fords. You must be driving down hill all the time. ???

Those numbers are not overly uncommon, my 03 with the 7.3 C/C 4x4 and 3:73 gears averaged 22-25 mpg.The last trip to durhamtown  I swung 18mpg pulling 4 quads on a 16 ft trailer and loaded down to the gills with gear in the bed

bluestroker

are all these mpg from the Ford in dash Lie o Meter or from you guys calculating them
02 - Grizzly 660
ITP Rims
Winch
1 1/2 in spacers (Front and Back)

MuddFreak77

Quote from: bluestroker on May 03, 2007, 01:44:12 PM
are all these mpg from the Ford in dash Lie o Meter or from you guys calculating them

I fillup to the top of the filler neck and calculate by hand using my GPS
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

bluestroker

I was just wondering b/c that overhead mpg guage in the trucks are normally off
02 - Grizzly 660
ITP Rims
Winch
1 1/2 in spacers (Front and Back)

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: bluestroker on May 03, 2007, 01:44:12 PM
are all these mpg from the Ford in dash Lie o Meter or from you guys calculating them

CALCULATED

trx#9

Quote from: Chuck_Norris on May 03, 2007, 01:23:16 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on May 02, 2007, 09:58:16 PM
Quote from: dynodon on May 02, 2007, 06:25:21 PM
I have a 97` f350 power stroke 7.3, 5 speed manual,4x4w/ lock outs pull a 32` goose neck to Louisianna last month loaded and got 18-20 mpg @ about 80mph on the highway.

I also have a 03` f250 power stroke ( 7.3) auto, 4x4, I have not pulled with it yet, but I get 21-24 mpg with it
Damn those are some fuzzy #'s. So your getting 10 miles a gallon better than all these other Fords. You must be driving down hill all the time. ???
Those numbers are not overly uncommon, my 03 with the 7.3 C/C 4x4 and 3:73 gears averaged 22-25 mpg.The last trip to durhamtown  I swung 18mpg pulling 4 quads on a 16 ft trailer and loaded down to the gills with gear in the bed
Is your truck modded or stock.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

dynodon

#46
The 97` is stock, and the 03` is chipped. Both are the 7.3. and the  milage is calculated.
I am NOT the only one to get that milage as you see Chuck Norris gets it also
Why do these numbers seem fuzy to you ???? Have you been drinking the water in Homassasa ????
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: dynodon on May 03, 2007, 05:27:20 PM
The 97` is stock, and the 03` is chipped. Both are the 7.3. and the  milage is calculated.
I am NOT the only one to get that milage as you see Chuck Norris gets it also
Why do these numbers seem fuzy to you ???? Have you been drinking the water in Homassasa ????

  you mean I shouldnt have drank the water there :o Those numbers are acurate...I have sold hundreds of those trucks and 90% report those numbers.  TAKE IT TO THE BANK :P

backwoods boy

def git a 3/4 ton my buddies got a 1/2 ton hemi w/ a chip n duels has insane power hes raced it at 120+ mph but w/ a 24 ft enclosed trailer it gets 8 mpg n has no power
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com