MY BROTHER CAUGHT A SNAKE TODAY !!!!!! LOOK !!!! HELP !!!!!

Started by daviesjpg, December 23, 2006, 05:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigscrb15

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

yunt2ride

I can tell you that if it was near me, it would be a dead snake.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

cheropride

No doubt that is a water moccasin aka cotton mouth.  I have seen them enough to know, he is very very lucky.  I have caught a few snakes in my time, yea I know, makes hubby real happy, but that's one I would never mess with.  They are extremely fast....

PS if you are ever fishing with a top lure, and one is following, don't keep reeling to your jon-boat.  Don't ask me how I know.. lol

But seriously, that is a very dangerous snake, because they are very aggressive, more so than a rattler.
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

CABLEGUY1


Ida_Mann

cotton mouths are the only snake I've ever seen CHASE a human or large animal.

I'd say the only thing to do with that one is to make like you are twirling a lasso above your head and fling it by the head as far away from you as you can,,,,preferrably towards a neighbor that doesn't like ATVs ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Sleazy_Rider78

[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

qt314nfla

I heard someone caught a snake this weekend, I don't think it was a cotton mouth though.  Atleast not at first.  I'm sure it wouldn't approved of being twirled over head though. :o  Might give a hernia trying to lift the thing too.

SWAMP_DONKEY

How did this get restarted??? BOUNTY did you do this?? I mean AD.

cheropride

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on May 01, 2007, 03:21:06 AM
How did this get restarted??? BOUNTY did you do this?? I mean AD.

Actually no I did, see I haven't been riding in 2 weeks, so I am going thru withdrawals. So I started reading a bunch of post....lol

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

JuniorMudder


gearhead400

Im gonna say it was poisonous because this guy hasnt posted since.  :o     
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

bigwake

ok..not to sound like i'm an expert..but i'm an expert on reptiles..and this is a florida brown water snake..thye are ALL OVER florida waters..i have caught dozens of them and they will bite like crazy..i've been bit several times..and it does hurt..so don't worry..you won't die..well..maybe from boredom from having such a dumb pet..but they prey on fish and bugs

bigwake

so furthermore...IT IS DEFFINATELY 100000000000%%%%%%%%%% NOT A COTTON MOUTH..AT ALLLLLLLL..NOO WORRIES..AND YES..THESE WILL CHASE LURES AS WELL..AND CHASE YOU TOO