Georgia Smoke...

Started by cheropride, April 30, 2007, 08:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheropride

Hey this is wild, I am down in here in South Florida, and I can see the smoke in northwest horizon, that's just wild it can travel that far.  Even this morning when I got up, I could smell it.  According to the news, it was pretty thick in Central Florida yesterday. 
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Kawa3

didn't dawn on me today, I thought it was someone around my house burning something lol. Guess not! but it has been pretty bad here today
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

renmus

We noticed it driving over to Okeechobee today.  Amazing how it travels.

Bigscrb15

it has been hazy here. funny thing is, I drove up to Atlanta Thursday and came back Sunday and didn't see any smoke!
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Inyourdraft2000

Is there a big fire up there or what?
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg[/url]
"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost[/url]<<4SALE>>>

Kawa3

Quote from: Inyourdraft2000 on April 30, 2007, 08:59:17 PM
Is there a big fire up there or what?


Yea, has been for like what over 2 weeks now? Burned either 36k or 66k acres something like that.
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Bigscrb15

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

sykolincoln

hell you think the smoke is bad there, IM IN GEORGIA! today you couldnt see a mile in front of you and the fires are burning about 45 miles from me, its moslty blowing into north florida and I can see the smoke line from my house like a mountain range, there is a new fire near pearson thats burning in a pete bog and they said that may burn untill it rains wich the way it seems is NEVER.
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

cheropride

Georgia - man your lucky, ah.... :'(I think Ga is just beautiful, no offense florida, but we went to GA mountains for our honeymoon, stayed in Dalton, you know just near dawsonville or should I say Bill Elliotville.  But man it was beautiful, loved it, loved it, loved it.

But it is really wild how far it does travel though, especially smelling that's just wild.....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Ida_Mann

yesterday you could not see across the Orlando Executive Airport,,,,,about a mile across where I was looking.

it wasn't much better round town today, but it sure makes for some awesome looking sunrises.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Kawa3

Quote from: Ida_Mann on April 30, 2007, 10:50:51 PM
yesterday you could not see across the Orlando Executive Airport,,,,,about a mile across where I was looking.

it wasn't much better round town today, but it sure makes for some awesome looking sunrises.

Id@

I don't see the sun until about 9am :P
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Sleazy_Rider78

Quote from: Inyourdraft2000 on April 30, 2007, 08:59:17 PM
Is there a big fire up there or what?


No, its just Willie Nelson visiting his vacation home in Georgia.  I am sure the smoke will clear up once he leaves.
[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Sleazy_Rider78 on April 30, 2007, 10:55:11 PM
Quote from: Inyourdraft2000 on April 30, 2007, 08:59:17 PM
Is there a big fire up there or what?


No, its just Willie Nelson visiting his vacation home in Georgia.  I am sure the smoke will clear up once he leaves.

now that's funny right there,,,,,or serious, who knows ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

cheropride

that is funny right there..... ;)
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

JackL

The title it self is funny. ;)

I can't believe I didn't catch this topic yesterday.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

eldiablo64

Georgia smoke is pretty good but not as good as Florida smoke LMAO.NO  I haven't done that in 20 years back in my wild days.
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

Loven It

Are you guys sure your not seeing smoke from the Florida fires vs. GA fire's ...I see no smoke here in Clearwater/St Pete area  ???, seems to be a few going here in florida. 

Go here and about half way down the page is a neat link - click on the FIMS link it will bring up a FL map click on the map once it opens and it will show you all the active fires in the state right now. There is no direct link to the map part itself. (I don't think this is outdated info - if someone finds out its old let me know)

http://flame.fl-dof.com/wildfire/tools_fmis.html#FMIS
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

cheropride

They said on the news yesterday and this morning, was due to a High Pressure of Georgia, which was bringing the smoke down here, but I think we actually figured out, I had no idea that Willie Nelson was in Georgia, heck maybe he's passing through Florida now..... ;)

Oh too funny, even got my own no punt intended....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

cheropride

Quote from: Loven It on May 01, 2007, 02:50:27 PM
Are you guys sure your not seeing smoke from the Florida fires vs. GA fire's ...I see no smoke here in Clearwater/St Pete area  ???, seems to be a few going here in florida. 

Go here and about half way down the page is a neat link - click on the FIMS link it will bring up a FL map click on the map once it opens and it will show you all the active fires in the state right now. There is no direct link to the map part itself. (I don't think this is outdated info - if someone finds out its old let me know)

http://flame.fl-dof.com/wildfire/tools_fmis.html#FMIS

Holy Smoke Willie is in the state....

My gosh looks like the whole state of florida is on fire, pretty cool on the bottom, trying to figure out what type of co-ordinates its given.  Thought it might be Army Corp Co-ordinates, but I dont thinks so.  Numbers look a little off.  Pretty cool map though, especially since it gives co-ords, with a little practice, you can see if your camp is near a fire - thanks loven it..... Pretty cool...
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Loven It

Quote from: cheropride on May 01, 2007, 02:52:21 PM
They said on the news yesterday and this morning, was due to a High Pressure of Georgia, which was bringing the smoke down here, but I think we actually figured out, I had no idea that Willie Nelson was in Georgia, heck maybe he's passing through Florida now..... ;)

Oh too funny, even got my own no punt intended....

I thought I heard that too, then I looked at that map and was like hmmm.. ???

You are funny though that was cute..
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

cheropride

Hey how good is anyone with this map that lovin mud put up for us, okay cause I am looking at this map, and according to what I can interpret (remember just a poor little oh female), but it looks like there is a fire in SE.  If you pull the map up, you can then go into district 12 which includes Osceola County.  Noted a fire just south of 1-92, and just west of 441.  So then I amplified it even more, and it appears to be in the south end of SE (Section 32).  

Now, I don't know how often this map is updated or anything like that, and I am not sure, but I am trying to figure out.  Perhaps if any of you know the area and the area maps good, look at it and see what you think.  

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Loven It

chero - thats what I am trying to figure out too...how often is it updated.

In the wording right before the link I think it was, it says something like it (the map) is different from first thing in the am verses the next time you check it as it is updated often....I don't know if it is accurate, if it is though it's a pretty cool map.

Hopefully someone will look at it and let us know if any of those fires are accurate.
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

cheropride

#22
I am trying to get a fix on their coordinates that they us, I can convert army corp coordinates to regular gps, but there aren't the army corp co-ord that I am used to.  Based the visual of their map there is or was a fire in Section 32 of SE.  I try using google to see if a can map their co-ords that way..... 

This is a really cool way to check for fires especially around camps, now if we can have it set up just check up on thieves.....lol

Just cant figure out co-ords....Any one know what type of co-ords these are?

680650.85, 457308.73 (yea, it's florida - lol)...... Just wondering what type, so I could convert them to the gps co-ords that I know.... Any brainiacs in here..... ;)
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Bayou300

I'm thinking they are loran #'s

cheropride

i think you are right, downloaded this free software to convert, and you know what my brain is warped....lol  I just look at the pics....  it's was hard enough learning how to convert army corp.....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com