GIANT May 18th Holey lands ride - New info!!!

Started by JackL, April 17, 2007, 05:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackL

60 or so of us will be runnin all night and kinda hard, so no cry babies or junk bikes allowed.

Were gonna be running from http://myfwc.com/recreation/holey_land/ to this river ranch place in Polk County!!!

Don't forget to bring an extra gas can and lots of ice.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

HVYHLR53

Im in Jack. Im usually out there with a friend or two on Friday nights, but it would be nice to ride with a large group for a change.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"

T2

I would like to go, but I will be helping set up for the ATV RALLY on May 19th.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

ucfneed2ride

[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

Bigscrb15

Don't wear yourself out too bad. Need energy to drive to the Rally Saturday!!!
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

backinsaddle

a trip from the holeylands to lakeland...about 2 hours by car...we can do it in 2 hours by quad if we take the turnpike...i'm in :D

JackL

Quote from: backinsaddle on April 17, 2007, 11:50:14 PM
a trip from the holeylands to lakeland...about 2 hours by car...we can do it in 2 hours by quad if we take the turnpike...i'm in :D

We are runnin the swamp boys. Bring your waders.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

Quote from: Bounty on April 18, 2007, 03:47:26 AM
Can you guys swing by Ruskin to pick me up. I forgot my ATVs are not here.

We can meet you in South Bay.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

greenmachine

Quote from: backinsaddle on April 17, 2007, 11:50:14 PM
a trip from the holeylands to lakeland...about 2 hours by car...we can do it in 2 hours by quad if we take the turnpike...i'm in :D
Sorry, it will take a solid 3hours. I grew up in Ft Lauderdale & used to drive to lakeland once a month. On a good day with no stops it would take 3.5hours. I did it in a 89 Mustang GT in 2.75hrs once, but from Lake Placid to Moore Haven & the Moore Haven to Clewiston & then from South Bay to the Alley I was running over 120mph. Still cant beleive I never saw a cop, usually Hwy 27 from Moore Haven to South Bay is crawling with cops & radar. If you guys do this on a quad, you will forever have my due respect, especially if you get away with it. Take alot of pics.

backinsaddle

Quote from: greenmachine on April 19, 2007, 03:17:31 PM
Quote from: backinsaddle on April 17, 2007, 11:50:14 PM
a trip from the holeylands to lakeland...about 2 hours by car...we can do it in 2 hours by quad if we take the turnpike...i'm in :D
Sorry, it will take a solid 3hours. I grew up in Ft Lauderdale & used to drive to lakeland once a month. On a good day with no stops it would take 3.5hours. I did it in a 89 Mustang GT in 2.75hrs once, but from Lake Placid to Moore Haven & the Moore Haven to Clewiston & then from South Bay to the Alley I was running over 120mph. Still cant beleive I never saw a cop, usually Hwy 27 from Moore Haven to South Bay is crawling with cops & radar. If you guys do this on a quad, you will forever have my due respect, especially if you get away with it. Take alot of pics.

I figure 3 hours from ft lauderdale, from the holeylands, 45 minutes closer, so 2-2 1/2 hours, rounded down to 2

and I think Jack is kidding, I'd be suprised if you could make it that far by quad legally

JackL

Quote from: greenmachine on April 19, 2007, 03:17:31 PM
Quote from: backinsaddle on April 17, 2007, 11:50:14 PM
a trip from the holeylands to lakeland...about 2 hours by car...we can do it in 2 hours by quad if we take the turnpike...i'm in :D
Sorry, it will take a solid 3hours. I grew up in Ft Lauderdale & used to drive to lakeland once a month. On a good day with no stops it would take 3.5hours. I did it in a 89 Mustang GT in 2.75hrs once, but from Lake Placid to Moore Haven & the Moore Haven to Clewiston & then from South Bay to the Alley I was running over 120mph. Still cant beleive I never saw a cop, usually Hwy 27 from Moore Haven to South Bay is crawling with cops & radar. If you guys do this on a quad, you will forever have my due respect, especially if you get away with it. Take alot of pics.


That is why I am warning everyone it will be six hours of serious riding and we need lots of ice and stuff. Good idea about the radar detectors and police scanners. Should be a breeze. I'm thinking of taking the river of grass scenic route. :)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

greenmachine

From my old house in east Lakeland which is about 8 miles from the track, it was 210 miles to the 595/441 exit ramp in Ft Lauderdale. It always took us 3.5 hours if we made one pit stop. It is hard to keep a high average speed with the growth of all the small towns along Hwy 27. It would be cool to see a Quad Convoy from Holeylands though, with an escort of course. That would really be a great way to start the rally!!!! I bet if you rode the hwy, all your tires would be shot, but that would make it even cooler. It would show the sacrifice you made to commit to the rally.

miassmaro98

you can drive that far in a quad from holey land?is it legal?
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

JackL

Quote from: backinsaddle on April 19, 2007, 03:21:09 PM
Quote from: greenmachine on April 19, 2007, 03:17:31 PM
Quote from: backinsaddle on April 17, 2007, 11:50:14 PM
a trip from the holeylands to lakeland...about 2 hours by car...we can do it in 2 hours by quad if we take the turnpike...i'm in :D
Sorry, it will take a solid 3hours. I grew up in Ft Lauderdale & used to drive to lakeland once a month. On a good day with no stops it would take 3.5hours. I did it in a 89 Mustang GT in 2.75hrs once, but from Lake Placid to Moore Haven & the Moore Haven to Clewiston & then from South Bay to the Alley I was running over 120mph. Still cant beleive I never saw a cop, usually Hwy 27 from Moore Haven to South Bay is crawling with cops & radar. If you guys do this on a quad, you will forever have my due respect, especially if you get away with it. Take alot of pics.

I figure 3 hours from ft lauderdale, from the holeylands, 45 minutes closer, so 2-2 1/2 hours, rounded down to 2

and I think Jack is kidding, I'd be suprised if you could make it that far by quad legally


I'm going to bring my camo Vinson, so it should be ok. :)


That would be one serious ride, you would need to pick up local riders of the areas passed through along the way so they could show you the down low routes once past South Bay, that is sure.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Thrumud

Excuse me for asking, but how is this possible to do a quad ride from Holey Land to Lakeland by quad.  I've taken a ride from the cross over all the way to Lake O and that's about it. If you have other ways to get around please becareful with what you post.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

JackL

Quote from: Thrumud on April 21, 2007, 05:49:28 PM
Excuse me for asking, but how is this possible to do a quad ride from Holey Land to Lakeland by quad.  I've taken a ride from the cross over all the way to Lake O and that's about it. If you have other ways to get around please becareful with what you post.

I'm sure it is POSSIBLE, but their is no way I would attempt it the day before the rally!! Consider this a humorous rally promo, and PLEASE, don't anyone try this. It is for experienced riders on a closed course.. :)

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

AintSkeered

The River of Grass is all dried-up, you should make it! LOL
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

crom A zone

i am down for that good long ride
my bike should be able to make it
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

JackL

I guess it is back on!!! See ya there!!
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on April 17, 2007, 09:43:11 PM
Don't wear yourself out too bad. Need energy to drive to the Rally Saturday!!!

So you guys are in now???? Never got to meet the Scrub boys.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

crom A zone

if its for sure i love to meet and ride with you all sure i can give some good help on getting out there
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

JackL

#21
Looks like this is off due to the closer of the Holeylands. The new starting site will be mm 38.5 and on the 19th, and the destination is Key West. ;)

Bring a bathing suit and sun tan oil.



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

brett711

2007 honda rancher

Thrumud

When you park just make sure you don't park on the shoulder. Note: if you're coming from the east headed west, becareful when crossing the median.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

JackL

I forgot about this thread. Sorry, canceled due to rain.

Brett, if you make it there post up about it.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com