Is river ranch worth riding

Started by yfz122, April 21, 2007, 06:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: otto on April 23, 2007, 01:35:12 AM
yfz122...I suspect that they are trying to scare you away from RR.  The sugar sand is deep in places, but I make it just fine on my yfz.  My son does fine on his blaster and even my daughter gets through on her kfx80.  If you go, you will need to get a membership at the front gate.  Bring your deed, a tax receipt and an a$$ pocket full of money.  Be respectful when you ride.  Keep it slow on the main grade (no donuts...please) and in the camping area.  Oh, and watch out for drunken idiots coming the other way.



Thank you OTTO... all very true...but I dont think they are trying to scare anyone only having fun.

otto

Quote from: greenmachine on April 23, 2007, 01:11:06 PM
Quote from: fishfry on April 23, 2007, 11:01:06 AM
I have hade no problem with anything missing.
You just jinxed your self. Trust me it will happen out there if you are there long enough.

As for the original question, the sugar sand is bad, but nothing a sport quad cant handle. I have been going out there since the 80's & it hasnt changed. You almost dont need a 4x4 truck if you know the right trails to go on. I pulled my 16' trailer loaded with 4 quads all the way to our camp on northside in 2WD last time out a month 1/2 ago.
As for speed limit, I have been there & had people in beater trucks pass me going 20-30 & large groups of ute riders going faster than me coming the other way with vampire tires kicking up more dust than my shredders will ever make.
RR is a cool place, but all the fees, rules & unanswered questions turn off a lot of people.
Also, adults on sport quads are given some really bad vibes while riding out there. IMHO

I have ridden my yfz there for three years now and no one has given me a bad time.  Some of the country folk look at me as if I'm from the moon...but I think that's because I wear a helmet.  Nevertheless, the posts I read where people joke about shooting sport riders, running them over with trucks, etc. are unnerving. 

Regarding the sugar sand...I haven't been out since the fire, but the main grade had gotten very soft south of mud dobber.  Not quicksand, but I saw two trucks stuck in it.   

05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

Joedirt

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

SWAMP_DONKEY

Bunch of knappy headed hoes.... :o

Mudneck

Well sombeechs yanked my cabin off the foundation last weekend with them 4 weel dryv truks
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Bounty1

Quote from: bushwacker on April 25, 2007, 02:19:07 AM
Well sombeechs yanked my cabin off the foundation last weekend with them 4 weel dryv truks
Is this true?

AintSkeered

Yeah, I can't ride out there cause of my enlarged prostate makes me pee a lot and they don't have enough facilities along the trails.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Joedirt

Quote from: Bounty on April 26, 2007, 05:09:40 AM
Quote from: bushwacker on April 25, 2007, 02:19:07 AM
Well sombeechs yanked my cabin off the foundation last weekend with them 4 weel dryv truks
Is this true?


yeah I seen a Video of some Hooligans pulling it down....
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: Joedirt on April 26, 2007, 12:39:59 PM
Quote from: Bounty on April 26, 2007, 05:09:40 AM
Quote from: bushwacker on April 25, 2007, 02:19:07 AM
Well sombeechs yanked my cabin off the foundation last weekend with them 4 weel dryv truks
Is this true?


yeah I seen a Video of some Hooligans pulling it down....

Those bast@rds!!!! I bet it was AD!!!

team_quad_green

its a one of the last place to ride
RANGER LIFE!
2012 polaris ranger  xp 800
walker evans limited editions
2007 honda rincon 680
2007 yamaha raptor 80

Mudneck

[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

big-daddy

I saw those hillbillies at the dump.......... strange people!  ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Mudneck

Yea after they trashed my cabin they stole my 18 pack of Budweiser that Ive been saving since 05, Hope however stole it appreciates the fine taste of aged BEER
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

big-daddy

Quote from: bushwacker on April 26, 2007, 10:41:37 PM
Yea after they trashed my cabin they stole my 18 pack of Budweiser that Ive been saving since 05, Hope however stole it appreciates the fine taste of aged BEER

Dang, that isnt right!  Ok they trashed your cabin, but also stole your beer.......wait went budman find out, someone going to die!
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

AintSkeered

Doggonit, I told them country bumpkins to move THE CAMPER, not the cabin, over to my camp. No wonder it took em two 4x4 dualies to haul it back there through the sugar sand! And, I asked them to leave me Bud Lite!
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Mudneck

You wanted the camper????  :oOOOOOOPS We used that to dam the canal to make a swimming hole :-X
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

ThongRider

River Ranch is the most beautiful place in the world. Sometimes I like to go out there with my boyfriend...ERRRRRRR XXXXX EX boyfriend and dance naked in the rain.
Sometimes being bad can be so GOOD!

budman

Those rotten bastids!! Beer thieves deserve to DIE!!!!   But how could you manage to keep a case for that long? I have to carry a 12 pack extra just to make it home...
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Mudneck

It was lost in the clutter... LOL


Dance Naked in the rain? Hell Ill get you some rain of we all could watch ;)
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

2strokinIt

is there any kind of firearms laws out there? If its not hunting season..can you still be armed?

Mudneck

[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

k.p.

Quote from: Anoriginal on April 23, 2007, 12:30:03 PM
Quote from: poohlaris on April 23, 2007, 11:06:55 AM
well are buggie is still sitting on the blocks they put it on!  

Houkeded on foniks wercs fer me.   ???


ahahahahahahahhaa. thats pretty funny

my friend rides at river ranch ive always wondered how it actually is out there. is the crazy sugar sandonly in soe places or is it everywhere?

backwoods boy

all right yall i gotta a go cart that sucks in sand and it does fine out there youll be fine ive gotta ute n my buddy had a sport n his did better in sand than mine so thats not an issue go check it out i drive two trucks there 2x a month gitten 15-20mpg to ride there i love it try it fore you sell it :ThumbsUp.gif
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

poohlaris

 >: you dont need to worry about the sugar sand i drove my 2 wheel drive truck and atv any where i wanted to go!

qt314nfla

Quote from: poohlaris on May 06, 2007, 03:55:01 PM
>: you dont need to worry about the sugar sand i drove my 2 wheel drive truck and atv any where i wanted to go!

are you the guy that tore up the road/sugar sand out to my camp?  or do you live on hard pack the whole way out there?