New KFX 450 vs. YFZ 450

Started by zx11rider, April 27, 2007, 02:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zx11rider

Went today and test rode the new kfx 450 (All i can say is wow, it is fast and has reverse ), The sales guy said it walks all over the yamaha.  What do the test riders say?

Inyourdraft2000

I got to take a ride on one for about 5 minutes....I love it....Only concern is the amount of woods riding that I do and the Aluminum frame and A arm brackets.....I have hit my share of stumps and trees w/ the ole Honda and its fine...I know the Aluminum will not stand for to many impact on that front end design....Aluminum = $$$$$$ no matter wich way you skin it.......
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg[/url]
"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost[/url]<<4SALE>>>

Honda400ex

i read in a dirt wheel mag. that the KFX 450 whooped the YFZ 450 plus it has reverse
Honda 400ex                Honda 400ex                  Honda 400ex              

hondarider450r

I GOTTA SAY THE KFX450 IS A BAD MACHINE. BUT BAD AT THE SAME TIME THE KFX WILL TAKE ANYTHING THAT GETS IN ITS PATH EVEN A RAPTOR 700 AND I KNOW CAUSE I SAW IT IN PERSON BOTH STOCK. ANOTHER THING KFX IS HAVING ALOT OF PROBLEMS HAD A FEW PPL COMPLAIN ALREADY AND THEY DIDNT EVEN HAVE THE BIKE FOR MORE THEN A MONTH. THE STARTER CAME BAD. THE BIKE LEAKS OIL FROM ALL OVER AND CLUTCH IS BAD ASWELL AND THE SAME COMPLAINT FROM ALL. NOT ONLY THAT THE FRAME IS AUMINUM ALREADY BENT ON ONE BIKE. I JUST THINK THEY COULDVE DONE ALOT BETTER. MY .2 DENTS
'07 HONDA TRX450ER

Honda400ex

how do you like your honda 450
Honda 400ex                Honda 400ex                  Honda 400ex              

Kawa3

Quote from: hondarider450r on April 27, 2007, 02:44:25 PM
I GOTTA SAY THE KFX450 IS A BAD MACHINE. BUT BAD AT THE SAME TIME THE KFX WILL TAKE ANYTHING THAT GETS IN ITS PATH EVEN A RAPTOR 700 AND I KNOW CAUSE I SAW IT IN PERSON BOTH STOCK. ANOTHER THING KFX IS HAVING ALOT OF PROBLEMS HAD A FEW PPL COMPLAIN ALREADY AND THEY DIDNT EVEN HAVE THE BIKE FOR MORE THEN A MONTH. THE STARTER CAME BAD. THE BIKE LEAKS OIL FROM ALL OVER AND CLUTCH IS BAD ASWELL AND THE SAME COMPLAINT FROM ALL. NOT ONLY THAT THE FRAME IS AUMINUM ALREADY BENT ON ONE BIKE. I JUST THINK THEY COULDVE DONE ALOT BETTER. MY .2 DENTS

1st year produciton has its kinks to get worked out
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

hondarider450r

I LOVE IT. WOULDNT TRADE IT FOR NOTHING. I BEAT YFZ 450 ALL THE TIME. STOCK TO STOCK. GETTING MY HRC KIT AND YOSHI PIPE NEXT MONTH SO ILL BE BEATING MORE OF THEM. RIDE RED ITS THE BEST EVER. I DONT HATE YAMAHA THEY ARE PRETTY GOOD AND FAST BUT HONDA IS BY FAR THE BEST.
'07 HONDA TRX450ER

GENERAL-Z

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy

hondarider450r

YEP VERY RELIABLE. HAVE MY NEW 450R AND I ALSO HAVE A 400 THATS BEEN RUNNING LIKE NEW SINCE I GOT IT JUST KEEP UR MAINTSNACE AND UR STR8
'07 HONDA TRX450ER

GENERAL-Z

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy

hondarider450r

'07 HONDA TRX450ER

Honda400ex

Honda 400ex                Honda 400ex                  Honda 400ex              

hondarider450r

ANYTHING U GET FROM HONDA IS RELIABLDE GENERATORS, QUADS, STREET BIKES, AND CRUISERS, OR CARS, U CANT EVER GO WRONG
'07 HONDA TRX450ER

Kawa3

Quote from: Honda400ex on April 27, 2007, 03:09:15 PM
Quote from: "Mr. 400ex" on April 27, 2007, 02:54:13 PM
they are more reliable too
i agree

reliability relies on how bad someone rags it and how well it is maintained.

Also you can have the best bike out there or the fastest and yet get beat by the worst bike. The bikes performance also depends a lot on the rider. :o

As to everything honda made is reliable :R,Reliability now-a-days is all about the same, really depends on how you drive it and maintain it
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

hondarider450r

'07 HONDA TRX450ER

Chillinthemost

Quote from: zx11rider on April 27, 2007, 02:24:00 PM
Went today and test rode the new kfx 450 (All i can say is wow, it is fast and has reverse ), The sales guy said it walks all over the yamaha.  What do the test riders say?
Well if the salesman said it, it must be true. 2:L 2:L.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

trx#9

There junk, stay away. They suck on the motocross track, I can tell you that. Josh creamer broke 9+ frames so far. Buy a suzuki or a honda.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

quad control

I rode one and my opinion is... KAW has a smoother shifting trans and a smoother reving motor than a YFZ with less vibration feed back thru the handle bars... BUT as far as ergonomic's it feels just like a YFZ every thing feels out of place (a small person bike) I'm sticking with HONDA.

hondarider450r

'07 HONDA TRX450ER

backinsaddle

the salesman told me it would go 100mph in reverse, and if you press the magic button, it will fly too.

Chillinthemost

I heard that it doesnt even have a start button. You just line up on the starting line and push the "win" button. The bike does the rest, kinda like "Kit" from night rider.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Kawa3

Quote from: Chillinthemost on April 27, 2007, 05:22:49 PM
I heard that it doesnt even have a start button. You just line up on the starting line and push the "win" button. The bike does the rest, kinda like "Kit" from night rider.

Now that was funny! :Clap.gif :spit.gif
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

1FasterBlaster

   I didn't really like it.It felt really small.I'll stick to my 400.

2strokinIt

I sat on one Saturday and it felt like i was sitting on a dirtbike with training wheels....not sure if it's cause I'm used to the width of my banshee's seat tho....whats the seating compared to on tha yamaha?

Chillinthemost

I also heard that its SO fast because its really a 2 stroke. The valve train is all fake. It draws its oil from the crankcase for the oil injection.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com