ATV MAGAZINE ANNOUNCES FLORIDA ATV RALLY

Started by Thrumud, April 27, 2007, 12:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrumud

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Bounty1

This is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is going to happen when they see what is going on? I hope they understand what Shawn is trying to do to make the Rally better.

JackL

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Loven It

I thought admission was $5.00 per person....did I miss something. That first article says its $15
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

Inyourdraft2000

As soon as a new date and location is finallized it will take all of us to get through to the magezines, the news, the sport shops etc.etc. to get the new story out.....Everyone knows the repercussions of the change but at this point in time due to some unforeseen circumstances we have to do this and not look back. No body promised it would be easy and this is unfortunately it is what it is right now and we have to keep the engines turning...
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg[/url]
"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost[/url]<<4SALE>>>

Loven It

Quote from: Inyourdraft2000 on April 27, 2007, 08:51:13 AM
As soon as a new date and location is finallized it will take all of us to get through to the magezines, the news, the sport shops etc.etc. to get the new story out.....Everyone knows the repercussions of the change but at this point in time due to some unforeseen circumstances we have to do this and not look back. No body promised it would be easy and this is unfortunately it is what it is right now and we have to keep the engines turning...

Well the good thing is none of those articles have a date on them.
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

Joedirt

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

greenmachine

The articles I read were dated for May 19. I also thought admission was $5. I cant wait to see where the new location is gonna be. Any eta on the location name yet? The sand pit at croom? Big Scrub Campground? South Beach? C'mon, the suspense is killing us.  I love seeing the press release on the net, I wrote it. Dreth did add a few words though in critique.

Inyourdraft2000

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,23815.0.html

Location is still in the works and I talked to Shawn the other night and as soon as he gets a real in person Authorization on some of the fine print that we not brought up the first time he will post the rest of the important info we need.
Shawn is in and out of the hospital w/ his cousin so if you send him emails please be patient as he is not avoiding anyone just really buisy w/ that and the rally.....
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg[/url]
"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost[/url]<<4SALE>>>

greenmachine

I assume there was no contract in writing with the original location. If so there should be grounds for some sort of action against them for renigging so late. Not trying to rehash anything, I just dont understand a place with a huge speed way, dragstrip, mudbog, MX track & everything else out there dont have room for it.  Has anyone ever been out there for a big race? If we are expecting more than the crowd that race would draw, then this rally is at a national level. If it is that big, we will be heard!!!!

Loven It

Well sorry folks I completely missed that second line that had the date.
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

Chuck_Norris




QuoteThe Florida ATV Association hopes this will be a history making event that will set precedent for all rallies to come in the future

As the release says, "If we all stand as one we can make it happen."


Coould not have been said any better ^^^^^^^

yunt2ride

Realistically speaking. Apalachicola National Forest near Tallahassee would be the best place. I know it would be a long drive for some, but the people who make the decisions on the state level could attend easier. Plus if its gonna cost a lot to put something like this together, you would want your voice to be heard the loudest. I have never been there, but the closer the Tallahassee we get I think the better we will be heard. It would get in all the Tallahassee papers.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

JackL

Quote from: yunt2ride on April 27, 2007, 10:23:22 AM
Realistically speaking. Apalachicola National Forest near Tallahassee would be the best place. I know it would be a long drive for some, but the people who make the decisions on the state level could attend easier. Plus if its gonna cost a lot to put something like this together, you would want your voice to be heard the loudest. I have never been there, but the closer the Tallahassee we get I think the better we will be heard. It would get in all the Tallahassee papers.


Can't argue with that says the guy 500 miles away...
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

digginfool

That would only work if the legislature was in session at that time.  Otherwise, all reps and senators would be at their home district offices/normal jobs.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

yunt2ride

Quote from: digginfool on April 27, 2007, 10:48:09 AM
That would only work if the legislature was in session at that time.  Otherwise, all reps and senators would be at their home district offices/normal jobs.

That would be true and since it has to be on a weekend then that wouldn't work either I guess. LOL
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

1FasterBlaster

   Your also talking about a location farther away and we could possibly lose a lot of support because of people not being able to get there.

JackL

It would be on their local news and papers though.

Not to mention, every rep from our personal districts should be getting copys from us via USPS.

I'm sure our fearless leaders/dreamers will come up with a solution that gets the most bang for the buck.

Have some faith in them, look how fast and far this has gone already.



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

greenmachine

Quote from: Chuck_Norris on April 27, 2007, 09:54:19 AM



QuoteThe Florida ATV Association hopes this will be a history making event that will set precedent for all rallies to come in the future

As the release says, "If we all stand as one we can make it happen."


Coould not have been said any better ^^^^^^^
[/quotThanks Chuck. When I wrote it, that was my cou de gra!(sp I'm not french) I thought it was a pretty good call to arms.

CABLEGUY1

Quote from: Bounty on April 27, 2007, 12:21:00 AM
This is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is going to happen when they see what is going on? I hope they understand what Shawn is trying to do to make the Rally better.
I agree.It's great to get that attention but man it really discredits it a little bit when it falls through weeks before.Between the local news,the magazine and the sponsors this was set to make history.It will be hard to overcome that and get the same attention again and be taken as serious the second time but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Either way theres no turning back now. Maybe this setback happened for a reason.Hopefully the next attempt at the Rally will be bigger and better.One thing for sure. If you learn from the mistakes instead of letting them defeat you it will only make you appreciate it even more when your successfull. You only fail if you quit.

dreth

I need to say thanks to all who have posted on this thread. You have discussed this while keeping a very positive attitude.

Thanks Jake for pointing out why i have been a little behind in my responses, my cousin has been in he hospital for 6 days now with life changing injuries, that i caused, so i need to give him my support. Thanks to everyone for working with me.

As for the new location and date of the rally..............................I know someone who knows and for the right price he might be willing to tell :D :D  just kidding ;) You will know very soon. I can say that it will be more fun than expected. It might be a longer drive for some and closer for others but you will have ample time to plan for the difference. Keep an open mind and remember that when WALT DISNEY opened up in california for the 1st time it was a disaster but the following weekend it was the best thing our country had ever seen as far as theme parks go. We had a minor set back, I know the character of this website when someone is in need so I know we can do it.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com