6 Hour ATV Race in Durhamtown, GA....my write up....

Started by BIGREDTIDE, March 22, 2007, 01:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGREDTIDE

DAMN this ATV 6 Hour Race was fun!!! Durhamtown Plantation in GA. I rode the IronMan Utility on my "22 year old..and NO brakes" Honda 250ES Big Red. Naturally I was the ONLY 3-wheeler out there. Lot of great comments & respect by the peers'!
It was a 9 mile loop (as many as you can in 6 hours....I completed 6 loops) started on the pee-wee motoX track the into the woods with tight, technical sections, few off-camber steep/muddy hills, a 60' section of trail that became a mud pit, actually ran on a big motocross track. There were rocks, logs, roots. It rained at the beginning for the first 2 hours. The trail became rutted up big time which REALLY made me work.  There were no rider injuries, few minor wrecks, several broken ATV's.  There were sport quads, BIG 4WD utility quads....impressive!

Did the whole thing on 3/4's of a tank!  Holds 3 gallons...I believe.

As for the pic's...unfortunately spectators could only be right at the start...not along the course.

Me on the starting line...


here I go after the green flag...aint it clean?!!!


Coming into pits on two!....


Good 'ol boys' (left to right...Jason, John, and me)...


The workhorses... 250ES Big Red & Prairie 360...not so clean now are they! Nor is my face...


SpeedyTide's wood ....(2nd Place  :Sp - IronMan Utility) "You got some balls riding that thing!"...another rider commented when I got my plaque...I said "you just gotta know how to ride 'em!"


Maybe next year I'll be on a 350X or a 250R!!   8)
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

HondaATC

Man that is awesome, serious props! I Haven't ran a hare scramble in couple years...I'd love to run one again sometime. Me and a few other guys are racing the Southern Flat Track League right now, and we got a ride planned in Ocala at Big Scrub over Easter weekend, another triker is always welcome!
1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

BIGREDTIDE

Thanks!!

The 'ol Big Red is FUN...but not competitive against the bigger bore 4WD quads & sport quads.

With just a stock 350X....I'd finished A LOT higher in the overall standings.

If you hear of a 350X, or a 250R (ATC... ;)) and let me know!
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

sykolincoln

awsome job man!!! billy how about we do durhamtown?? I wounder if my 300 will do decent out there? who cares!! it will be a blast!!
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

KB

big red tide,
i just bought an '86 250r from HondaAtc's friend a few months ago. i think theres a real clean 350x in for sale section right now for like 1500.00.
I didn't make the ride to big scrub,maybe next time.
also check out www.3wheelerworld.com the owner is a pretty cool dude, lives in Fl. & is on this board too.

BIGREDTIDE

Quote from: KB on April 23, 2007, 02:17:54 PM
big red tide,
i just bought an '86 250r from HondaAtc's friend a few months ago. i think theres a real clean 350x in for sale section right now for like 1500.00.
I didn't make the ride to big scrub,maybe next time.
also check out www.3wheelerworld.com the owner is a pretty cool dude, lives in Fl. & is on this board too.

Thanks for the info...I'll check it out.  ;D
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

sykolincoln

hey big red, pm chevy57harley79 here on the boards I think he wants to split with one of his 250R's as he has like 4 of them tell him I sent ya!
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

BIGREDTIDE

Quote from: sykolincoln on April 30, 2007, 03:18:46 PM
hey big red, pm chevy57harley79 here on the boards I think he wants to split with one of his 250R's as he has like 4 of them tell him I sent ya!
THANKS!!
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com