Is river ranch worth riding

Started by yfz122, April 21, 2007, 06:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfz122

Quote from: cheropride on April 22, 2007, 01:44:45 PM
Not to get into a bunch of stuff, but due to the fact you never have been up there, and now your getting into a pissing match with a local RR Member, no too smart.  Make friends, not enemies.  If you do start riding up there, you don't want to start out on a sour note.  Just the word to the wise.... 8)
I was never trying to get into anything with anyone. I just have a very short fuse. Thank you for the advice.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

budman

Can't we all just get along..... ::)
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

JackL

Quote from: 06 BaNsHeE on April 22, 2007, 01:43:33 PM
Lol Sport bikes will make it through sand easier than 4x4s.I GUARANTE THAT

I have to agree here, although it is 90% rider and 10% bike.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

big-daddy

Quote from: yfz122 on April 22, 2007, 01:03:13 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on April 22, 2007, 12:19:36 PM
As one of the local RR members, let me add a few words. Yes in wet season, the water gets very deep. In dry season the sugar sand gets so soft that you need a Ute to get around. (so sport bike are not the best for RR) Yes the trails are two way and the swamp buggy's have no brakes, so be careful! there a speed limit of 10 per hour in the camping area. (so going fast is not a good idea) Now for that secret part, secret (hahahahhaha) there a section on buying land here! Us members don't want to give the state more ammo by posting picture to use against us. And by the way, aren't you in another private web site just for RR member? Oh did I let out your secret? Sorry  ;)

I personal don't thing the kid as a deed if he doesn't know what his tax are
I'm not a kid first of all. Second, I do have a deed. Third, my sport quads will go anywhere a utility will go except mud. And by the way, no I'm not a member of any kind RR website. :cursing.gif

If you are not Kid, why dont you respone to PM? and it wasn't you that referring to.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

yfz122

what the hell does that have to do with anything.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

big-daddy

Florida sugar sand is like quick sand thats for sure. And the only way a sport bike can make it threw sugar sand is by going fast (remember 10mph speed limit), but when you stop. You are done! Its like Jasper, but worst. Oh there NO motorcycles aloud in RR, because of that reason.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

big-daddy

end of story! have fun KID...... :o
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

yfz122

 how long are the gates open out there I'm only thirty minutes away
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

JackL

Quote from: big-daddy on April 22, 2007, 03:20:47 PM
Florida sugar sand is like quick sand thats for sure. And the only way a sport bike can make it threw sugar sand is by going fast (remember 10mph speed limit), but when you stop. You are done! Its like Jasper, but worst. Oh there NO motorcycles aloud in RR, because of that reason.

I stopped in some of that famous RR sugar sand on my 4x4  (in 2wd) and nearly got stuck once out there.
Sure glad I had that button to push. :)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

FOREMANRON

Quote from: yfz122 on April 22, 2007, 03:24:47 PM
how long are the gates open out there I'm only thirty minutes away
24 HRS A DAY
2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700

big-daddy

#35
don't forget to pay your dues........ ;) it help support the tennis courts and swimming pool maintenance. 
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

JackL

Quote from: big-daddy on April 22, 2007, 05:36:38 PM
don't forget get to pay your dues........ ;) it help support the tennis courts and swimming pool maintenance. 

Damn it, no shuffleboard for the old guys?
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

big-daddy

Quote from: JackL on April 22, 2007, 05:43:43 PM
Quote from: big-daddy on April 22, 2007, 05:36:38 PM
don't forget get to pay your dues........ ;) it help support the tennis courts and swimming pool maintenance. 

Damn it, no shuffleboard for the old guys?

;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

otto

yfz122...I suspect that they are trying to scare you away from RR.  The sugar sand is deep in places, but I make it just fine on my yfz.  My son does fine on his blaster and even my daughter gets through on her kfx80.  If you go, you will need to get a membership at the front gate.  Bring your deed, a tax receipt and an a$$ pocket full of money.  Be respectful when you ride.  Keep it slow on the main grade (no donuts...please) and in the camping area.  Oh, and watch out for drunken idiots coming the other way.

05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

JackL

Quote from: otto on April 23, 2007, 01:35:12 AM
yfz122...I suspect that they are trying to scare you away from RR.  The sugar sand is deep in places, but I make it just fine on my yfz.  My son does fine on his blaster and even my daughter gets through on her kfx80.  If you go, you will need to get a membership at the front gate.  Bring your deed, a tax receipt and an a$$ pocket full of money.  Be respectful when you ride.  Keep it slow on the main grade (no donuts...please) and in the camping area.  Oh, and watch out for drunken idiots coming the other way.



No one is trying to scare him away here. It all sounds like the truth to me, although no one ever gave me my pool pass so I just swim in the canals.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

yfz122

Thank you Otto. I almost let them get to me. As for your previous offer, I would really like to take a look around the place.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

gearhead400

man, this posts makes me want to buy some land at RR!!!  ::)  you HAVE to buy land, but have to pay to get to it. Drunk's on swamp buggies with no brakes ready to run me over. Sugar sand that if i try and make it threw quickly i'll get kicked off of my property for going too fast. And from what i've read is floods like no other! Sounds like OHV heaven IMO.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

JackL

Quote from: gearhead400 on April 23, 2007, 04:06:00 AM
man, this posts makes me want to buy some land at RR!!!  ::)  you HAVE to buy land, but have to pay to get to it. Drunk's on swamp buggies with no brakes ready to run me over. Sugar sand that if i try and make it threw quickly i'll get kicked off of my property for going too fast. And from what i've read is floods like no other! Sounds like OHV heaven IMO.

Different strokes for different folks.

I would much rather wear my helmet and do 80mph over dusty whoops all day myself, but some people actually like mudding.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

gearhead400

Quote from: JackL on April 23, 2007, 04:22:20 AM
Quote from: gearhead400 on April 23, 2007, 04:06:00 AM
man, this posts makes me want to buy some land at RR!!!  ::)  you HAVE to buy land, but have to pay to get to it. Drunk's on swamp buggies with no brakes ready to run me over. Sugar sand that if i try and make it threw quickly i'll get kicked off of my property for going too fast. And from what i've read is floods like no other! Sounds like OHV heaven IMO.

Different strokes for different folks.

I would much rather wear my helmet and do 80mph over dusty whoops all day myself, but some people actually like mudding.



lol

i like the laid back ridding sometimes, but it doesnt seem like the mudder crew is the most fun to be around. Sounds like its pretty easy to get shot or run over by a drunk. No offense to anyone here of course. I know nobody from ATVFL would do anything like that. Especially break the law by drinking and operating a motor vehicle.  ;) Only the bad seeds of the sport do that.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

poohlaris

dont forget to take your stuff out poeple tend to steal your tires right off your buggie!! bunch of thieves out younder!please bring back your tires!!

fishfry

I have hade no problem with anything missing.
A bad day in the woods is better then a good day at work.

500 mule (for sale)
Bronco II

poohlaris

well are buggie is still sitting on the blocks they put it on!   

Anoriginal

Quote from: poohlaris on April 23, 2007, 11:06:55 AM
well are buggie is still sitting on the blocks they put it on!  

Houkeded on foniks wercs fer me.   ???

JackL

Quote from: poohlaris on April 23, 2007, 11:06:55 AM
well are buggie is still sitting on the blocks they put it on!   

Are you sure you just didn't forgot you took em off? Go look in the garage.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

greenmachine

Quote from: fishfry on April 23, 2007, 11:01:06 AM
I have hade no problem with anything missing.
You just jinxed your self. Trust me it will happen out there if you are there long enough.

As for the original question, the sugar sand is bad, but nothing a sport quad cant handle. I have been going out there since the 80's & it hasnt changed. You almost dont need a 4x4 truck if you know the right trails to go on. I pulled my 16' trailer loaded with 4 quads all the way to our camp on northside in 2WD last time out a month 1/2 ago.
As for speed limit, I have been there & had people in beater trucks pass me going 20-30 & large groups of ute riders going faster than me coming the other way with vampire tires kicking up more dust than my shredders will ever make.
RR is a cool place, but all the fees, rules & unanswered questions turn off a lot of people.
Also, adults on sport quads are given some really bad vibes while riding out there. IMHO