Is river ranch worth riding

Started by yfz122, April 21, 2007, 06:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfz122

I inherited .31 of 1.25 acres at river ranch about eight years ago and still have not made it out there. Fees and number of guests limited seem to be a bunch of crap. The idea of owning property and having to pay for access is not going over well with me. Can anyone let me know what this place is all about or just buy it from me.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

renmus

It's terrible...tell you what, I will take the whole mess off your hands for $500.00

big-daddy

$800.00 cash, I want to build a house out there
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

JackL

Quote from: yfz122 on April 21, 2007, 06:04:02 PM
I inherited a lot at river ranch about eight years ago and still have not made it out there. Fees and number of guests limited seem to be a bunch of crap. The idea of owning property and having to pay for access is not going over well with me. Can anyone let me know what this place is all about or just buy it from me.


So stop paying tax on it so I can get it.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

yfz122

Quote from: JackL on April 21, 2007, 07:37:07 PM
Quote from: yfz122 on April 21, 2007, 06:04:02 PM
I inherited a lot at river ranch about eight years ago and still have not made it out there. Fees and number of guests limited seem to be a bunch of crap. The idea of owning property and having to pay for access is not going over well with me. Can anyone let me know what this place is all about or just buy it from me.


So stop paying tax on it so I can get it.
someone else already pays the taxes for me. I don't even know how much they are
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

renmus

#5
Quote from: big-daddy on April 21, 2007, 07:23:31 PM
$800.00 cash, I want to build a house out there

Hey now, stop horning in on my deal, I am trying to do the man a favor here.  

Muddbuggy

1,200 dollars cash and thats my final offer......man you drive a hard bargin.
GOTTA HORNEY RHINO....06' CAMO
07' OZARK 250
05' Z250
05' Z400 ACnerfs/beadlocks/carbon fiber Yoshi


SEABEEJIM IS A CLOWN PUNCHER.....

svtbolt04

1,299 from me.

Honestly, for a sport bike.. There are times when you can haul, but most of the time when it goes under water....it goes wayy underwater.  Judging by your screename, you have a sport quad. Also, the people dont like sport bikes being out there because we haul ass and make it dusty, "get dust in peoples food and shouldnt be able to go in the mud".
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

MuddFreak77

IT SUCKS!!!!   I'll give you 400 and a mud truck for it no questions asked.   
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

renmus

Now is when you find out who your REAL friends are...  :'(

SWAMP_DONKEY

#10
499.00 and a life long relationship with Bounty/AD/and 14 other people all in one...its the gift that keeps on giving...you never know who you will get to talk to ;)

JackL

Quote from: yfz122 on April 21, 2007, 07:43:41 PM
Quote from: JackL on April 21, 2007, 07:37:07 PM
Quote from: yfz122 on April 21, 2007, 06:04:02 PM
I inherited a lot at river ranch about eight years ago and still have not made it out there. Fees and number of guests limited seem to be a bunch of crap. The idea of owning property and having to pay for access is not going over well with me. Can anyone let me know what this place is all about or just buy it from me.


So stop paying tax on it so I can get it.
someone else already pays the taxes for me. I don't even know how much they are

Can they do that for me also?
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

otto

And now for a serious response...
Yes, it is worth riding despite the fees and guest policy.  Definitely ride it before you decide to sell it.  It can get very wet during the summer, but dry season is great for sport quads.  The trails are two-way, so be very careful and don't haul ass unless you can see what's coming.  Also be aware that some of the more vocal RR members on this site dislike sport riders and want to keep RR a secret (RR posts in open forum are discouraged).  Nevertheless, let me know if you decide to try it...maybe we can meet up and I'll show you around.       
05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

renmus

I was serious about my offer.  ???

foreman1

Oh no !
RR is being discussed in an open forum. :no
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

Muddbuggy

Quote from: renmus on April 22, 2007, 02:25:55 AM
I was serious about my offer.  ???

I was serious about my offer too...   1,200 cash
GOTTA HORNEY RHINO....06' CAMO
07' OZARK 250
05' Z250
05' Z400 ACnerfs/beadlocks/carbon fiber Yoshi


SEABEEJIM IS A CLOWN PUNCHER.....

big-daddy

As one of the local RR members, let me add a few words. Yes in wet season, the water gets very deep. In dry season the sugar sand gets so soft that you need a Ute to get around. (so sport bike are not the best for RR) Yes the trails are two way and the swamp buggy's have no brakes, so be careful! there a speed limit of 10 per hour in the camping area. (so going fast is not a good idea) Now for that secret part, secret (hahahahhaha) there a section on buying land here! Us members don't want to give the state more ammo by posting picture to use against us. And by the way, aren't you in another private web site just for RR member? Oh did I let out your secret? Sorry  ;)

I personal don't thing the kid as a deed if he doesn't know what his tax are
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

yfz122

#17
Quote from: big-daddy on April 22, 2007, 12:19:36 PM
As one of the local RR members, let me add a few words. Yes in wet season, the water gets very deep. In dry season the sugar sand gets so soft that you need a Ute to get around. (so sport bike are not the best for RR) Yes the trails are two way and the swamp buggy's have no brakes, so be careful! there a speed limit of 10 per hour in the camping area. (so going fast is not a good idea) Now for that secret part, secret (hahahahhaha) there a section on buying land here! Us members don't want to give the state more ammo by posting picture to use against us. And by the way, aren't you in another private web site just for RR member? Oh did I let out your secret? Sorry  ;)

I personal don't thing the kid as a deed if he doesn't know what his tax are
I'm not a kid first of all. Second, I do have a deed. Third, my sport quads will go anywhere a utility will go except mud. And by the way, no I'm not a member of any kind RR website. :cursing.gif
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

cheropride

Easy trigger....

I let me tell you a little thing about florida sugar sand, that stuff can be worst than mud.  During the dry season I see alot stuck trucks, utes and esp sport quads in the sugar sand.  Understand, this is not your average sugar sand, it's more like quick sand.  Easier going through mud that that serious sugar sand.

As for your taxes, when you say someone else is paying your taxes, is this someone that you know.  I am not being a smart a$$, the reason why I tell you this, is that if someone basically pays your taxes (purchase tax deed), for 2 years or more, they have the right to put the land up for auction.  Just be careful.

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

yfz122

making assumptions will get me fired up quick. As for the sugar sand, it can't be any worse there than it is in my back yard.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

cheropride

Trust me it is more than likely worse.  I have lived in Florida all my life, and I have seen alot of sugar sand, but this must be the sugar sand from hell.  - lol  When I say it is like quick sand, it really is.  But you get the right amount of rain, and it starts pack back down again.  You know how Florida is, either way too dry, or way too wet, doesn't ever seem like a happy medium....

It's not like it will ruin you day or anything, just watch yourself when going through, and you should be fine.  It's a trip though......  take care
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

yfz122

Quote from: big-daddy on April 22, 2007, 12:19:36 PM
As one of the local RR members, let me add a few words. Yes in wet season, the water gets very deep. In dry season the sugar sand gets so soft that you need a Ute to get around. (so sport bike are not the best for RR) Yes the trails are two way and the swamp buggy's have no brakes, so be careful! there a speed limit of 10 per hour in the camping area. (so going fast is not a good idea) Now for that secret part, secret (hahahahhaha) there a section on buying land here! Us members don't want to give the state more ammo by posting picture to use against us. And by the way, aren't you in another private web site just for RR member? Oh did I let out your secret? Sorry  ;)

I personal don't thing the kid as a deed if he doesn't know what his tax are
Polk County Public Records under Dale Wright. Look it up smart guy
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

06 BaNsHeE

Lol Sport bikes will make it through sand easier than 4x4s.I GUARANTE THAT

cheropride

Not to get into a bunch of stuff, but due to the fact you never have been up there, and now your getting into a pissing match with a local RR Member, no too smart.  Make friends, not enemies.  If you do start riding up there, you don't want to start out on a sour note.  Just the word to the wise.... 8)
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

06 BaNsHeE

I dont want to start an argument its just Ive seen plenty of 4x4s that just dig in the sand rather than like paddle through it because they way alot.