Powerlines - SpringHill; Brooksville

Started by Young Gun, January 20, 2007, 04:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

candidate zero

Quote from: greenmachine on February 05, 2007, 05:06:53 PM
Then why does the signs say CSX Railroad Keep Out. Also, the place is about 3/4 mile or more west of MOSI. The area between MOSI & this spot is all fenced & is where they hold the Midevil Times Renaissance Festival. The sand area is right behind a long strip of business offices. Maybe you were riding behind MOSI , but where I have ridden in soft sugar sand for years is well west of MOSI to the point that sound wouldnt be a problem. If MOSI owned it, they would have 2 separate buildings too far apart to walk to & that just dont make sence.

I used to ride out there all the time. It's owned by CSX, there are signs right outside of each gate. I actually have a picture from a few years ago...



greenmachine, pm me, I know of another spot right down the road from there...you might've already been there, but I'll let you know just incase.
'06 LTR

tony pitts

 the main reason for your loss of riding areas is development and ridiculous lawsuits. you will lose your riding areas we have lost everything in jacksonville and st johns due to money hungry developers.
[url="http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png"]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

racemanfl

Quote from: tony pitts on February 19, 2007, 06:30:45 PM
the main reason for your loss of riding areas is development and ridiculous lawsuits. you will lose your riding areas we have lost everything in jacksonville and st johns due to money hungry developers.

Why would you say something childish like this Its their land and your mad because they want to develop it and make money? You riding on some else land and you complain?

tony pitts

im not riding on any land there is none left to ride on up. here its not childish   ive been here for 42 years im just telling you your riding spots will disappear also.
[url="http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png"]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

greenmachine

Quote from: candidate zero on February 19, 2007, 10:12:15 AM
Quote from: greenmachine on February 05, 2007, 05:06:53 PM
Then why does the signs say CSX Railroad Keep Out. Also, the place is about 3/4 mile or more west of MOSI. The area between MOSI & this spot is all fenced & is where they hold the Midevil Times Renaissance Festival. The sand area is right behind a long strip of business offices. Maybe you were riding behind MOSI , but where I have ridden in soft sugar sand for years is well west of MOSI to the point that sound wouldnt be a problem. If MOSI owned it, they would have 2 separate buildings too far apart to walk to & that just dont make sence.

I used to ride out there all the time. It's owned by CSX, there are signs right outside of each gate. I actually have a picture from a few years ago...



greenmachine, pm me, I know of another spot right down the road from there...you might've already been there, but I'll let you know just incase.
I bet that sand landed on some old wrecked trooper cars. That little place was fun while it lasted for over 25 years.......

candidate zero

Sure did. Yeah, it was nice because I live in Temple Terrace so it was right down the road for me.
'06 LTR

duroc825

Everyone should come to the rally http://www.floridaatvrally.com/ and sacrifice one day of worrying about being run off by the police and actually make an attempt to change things for the better. The way I see it is that no one has anything to lose by showing up.

Asphaltdragon

Quote from: duroc825 on March 02, 2007, 08:49:26 AM
Everyone should come to the rally http://www.floridaatvrally.com/ and sacrifice one day of worrying about being run off by the police and actually make an attempt to change things for the better. The way I see it is that no one has anything to lose by showing up.

ditto
Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja

KB

Quote from: duroc825 on January 31, 2007, 09:26:49 AM
The owner of the dump is supposedly a new owner according to a guy he had riding around on a 4x4 utility. He says he owns all of the land around the dump and the old airstrip. I live on adjoining property and know for a fact that he only owns the dump and strip and nothing else. As a matter of fact some of the actual owners don't mind riding their property. Stay clear of the area cause the sheriff has been out there every Sat. & Sunday. No more warnings, tickets only from here on out. Actually the dump owner used not to care about riding in there until people started stealing equip. batteries and messing around his buildings and getting too crowded. A few bad apples syndrome!

Hey Duroc, I think a friend of a friend of mine was riding out there weekend before last, I'm pretty sure the same guy riding around on the 4x4 utility was there w/ a friend in a 4x4 truck, they were saying it's there property & that if you don't get outta here we'll hook a chain to your quad & pull it the hell outa here.
The guy was riding a blue raptor, he left, said he's not going back.

USFfishing

what about the sand pit?  anyone ever get bothered there?
07 Grizzly 700 red (ITP Holeshots/ITP type 7)
07 Grizzly 350 blue
2004 Ford F150 FX4
2006 Mercedes C230
1995 Winnebago Brave 31Q

duroc825

The whole area is posted (not properly though) NO TRESPASSING! Basically, it's all private property

USFfishing

Gotcha,  I havent been there in months.
07 Grizzly 700 red (ITP Holeshots/ITP type 7)
07 Grizzly 350 blue
2004 Ford F150 FX4
2006 Mercedes C230
1995 Winnebago Brave 31Q

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com