Street Bikes

Started by Hawgin4x4, April 13, 2007, 01:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgin4x4

So im new to the whole steet bike thing..Im looking to get my first bike..i going to go with a 600..So im debating on either the gsxr 600 or the cbr600rr..I have sat on the zx6r and r6..i really dont like the feel of them so im stuck on either the gsxr or cbr....Anyone got any helpful info..
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

mud.junkie

They are both really nice bikes.My wife rides a honda F4 600 and she loves it,It is to much bike for her alot of our friends that we ride with have the 600 class bikes. The consensus from the people we ride with is honda's rule. Although, I personally prefer Kawi's as i have a 1978 Z1R turbo and looking to buy a ZX 14.
Hope this helps a little

Hawgin4x4

the zx14, is a tank...lol...I guess i need to find someone to let me ride a gsxr and a cbr..to find out witch 1 i like..
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

Fox17

im not sure you need a superbike for your first street bike. we had a FZ6 and it was plenty fast for a first streetbike. however if you do get the superbike, the suzuki is better unless you are getting a 07. the brand new cbr600s are bad. id get a honda cause im a honda person but i thnk the gsxr if faster and better handling.

Hawgin4x4

i dont care about speed..I feel just as equal comfortable on either the cbr or gsxr..
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

T2

I just purchased a GSXR and I love it. I'm a big Yamaha Fan. You need to sit on them both and see which one feels best. I think I would go with the Suzuki.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Hawgin4x4

I have sat on both the cbr and gsxr...I like them both...Arggggggg..i didnt think it would be this hard.. Right now there is a good deal on a left over 06 cbr, with a pipe at the Honda dealership...
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

1FasterBlaster

   I would suggest the Honda.I think a GSXR is a little lighter in the front which is dangerous for an inexperienced rider.

Hawgin4x4

Thats what ive heard also..
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

z400stunter

Honestly I'd go with a sv650 or something like that as a first bike.  If you're set on the supersport 600's go with the gsxr.  I'm just a little biased......  here's my 750
JUMP IT!

Fox17

#10
do those pipes come that small for the 600 and 750 models? if so how loud are they.

Hawgin4x4

your 750 looks sweet!!
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

T2

Quote from: 400mph on April 14, 2007, 03:38:56 PM
your 750 looks sweet!!
[/quoteThats what I was thinking ;D
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

z400stunter

Yea the pipes are short on the 06's. I'll see if I can find a pic with the stock can.  Thanks guys.  Since this pic I put crg shorty levers and smoked windscreen and front signals (in the mirrors)
JUMP IT!

z400stunter

 Here's an 06 600.  Same stock pipe as mine.  And the second pic is of my new levers


JUMP IT!

Fox17

dang. i bet that sounds great. and loud too. there aint nothin that sounds as good as a superbike.

Hawgin4x4

so when can i ride it?  PPPPLLLEEEAASSSSEEEE!
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

z400stunter

#17
Here's what it's like.  Testing out the camera a while ago.  I have another, better vdeo if anyone knows a website to host large vids.  It has sound too.
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g235/mistamac9/?action=view&current=P7110001.flv
JUMP IT!

Hawgin4x4

only if you had sound..nice vid though... try youtube.com for the larger video.
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

z400stunter

JUMP IT!

Hawgin4x4

the sound in that video is all distorted..But you can make out the bike..SOunds good!
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

Fox17

that thing is extremely quick. 90-150 in just like 5 secs. traffic sucks dont it.

z400stunter

"That guy" didnt even take it to redline so it's even faster than it looked there.  6.73 @ 115 in the 1/8 mile.  Most people get outta the way when they see a bike come up quick behind them.  That day was just a little more clogged than usual.   That was only a digital camera.  I have a digital video camero now and tomorrow off.........  Should I tape a ride if it's nice out?  I have a bunch of pics if you wanna see more. 
JUMP IT!

Fox17

i say you tape a 1/4 mile run.  ;)

z400stunter

No 1/4 mile around here.  I might go to the 1/8 mile track on Friday though.
JUMP IT!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com