anyone ride near Franklin, North Carolina ?

Started by KB, April 09, 2007, 11:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KB

going there this summer to a place called Bate's Cabin's. It's between Murphy & Sylva.  My mom has been before & said people ride quad's like car's up there.
But I'm not from there & I only have sport quad's so i was wondering if anyone else know's of that place ?
I don't want to trailer my quad's(banshee & yfz) to someone else's place & piss them off.
there's a couple national forest, Nantahala N.F. & Pisgah N.F.

just trying to get some input.

Bigscrb15

Upper Tellico, from what I have seen it is mostly utility riding and sport quads don't do too well. It is near Murphy, NC. Google it and I am sure you can find info about how sport friendly it is.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

KB

Thanks, Your right, I think it's more 4x4/ utility.
Good excuse to go buy one.

Anoriginal

KB -

My family's owned property right outside of Sylva since the 70's. I grew up riding in the Nantahala National Forest but that is now a thing of the past. (Basically banned alll ORV use unless it's Tellico)

Tellico is a nice 4x4 place and there are numerous other areas within a 2 hour drive of that area that are good to ride. Beasly Knob, Brown Mountain, Roy Taylor, Uwharrie etc. are all close by and good places. However, none of them are really that good for a sport bike.

KB

Thanks for replying Mr.Taylor,
    sorry about our little argument awhile back. And thanks for helping us keep our riding area's from being closed.
From i've read here you & chillin seem like good people.

You should buy a couple of these little cabin's to put on your property up there, you could make a lot of money.
check these out, I use to sand & finish the floor's in these cabin's but Haines Cty. was a long drive for such a small job.
This guy worked at Fleetwood for years & started his own business after the hurricane's 'cause Polk said no more mobile homes.
He builds these cabins & the title say's R.V.
check them out www.southerncomfortcabins.net

Anoriginal

Quote from: KB on April 09, 2007, 04:28:51 PM
Thanks for replying Mr.Taylor,
    sorry about our little argument awhile back. And thanks for helping us keep our riding area's from being closed.
From i've read here you & chillin seem like good people.

You should buy a couple of these little cabin's to put on your property up there, you could make a lot of money.
check these out, I use to sand & finish the floor's in these cabin's but Haines Cty. was a long drive for such a small job.
This guy worked at Fleetwood for years & started his own business after the hurricane's 'cause Polk said no more mobile homes.
He builds these cabins & the title say's R.V.
check them out www.southerncomfortcabins.net

KB:

I apologize too. Any problems between us are in the past and forgotten my friend. Please, call me Matt because that's what my friends call me. I am glad to help any way I can to keep places open for us to ride. We're all in this together.

Regarding the cabins, they are nice. I'd love to buy some and put them on some property. I've got a place in Okeechobee that I need to put at least two mobile homes or cabins on. These cabins would be perfect. Thanks for the info. I'll put it to good use for sure.

Are you going to the ATV rally? If you do, please come find me or I'll find you. I'd love to shake your hand and buy you lunch. We'll have to ride together soon.

~ Matt

Bayou300

If your going to near sylva just south of there(10 miles) is a place called Brown mountain OHV area I believe that is the name of it, I rode there when we went to maggie valley last june, if memory serves me right it's 29 miles of mapped trails it was pretty cool riding thru the mountains & in the orange mud (yeah i know it's clay) Damn near ran into a deer on one of the trails, not sure who was more startled me or it. It cost like five bucks to park for the day leave the parking slip on your dash and have fun.

KB

I think i'm leaving my sport quads home on this trip, Makes me want to get a ute.

Matt,
        I'm PRETTY SURE I'm gonna make it w/ my 20' trailer & quad's & some friend's.
Living so close I would feel like a P.O.S. if I didn't. It shouldnt be hard to find you since your so small (L.O.L.)
If your lookin for me just look for the big bad mo fo. I'll be hangin out w/ Johny Thickshaft. He's my b!tch.

just playin,
                   Kelly B.

demj1308

I have a cabin in murphy, and just got back yesterday. we rode at a ohv area in blairsville, ga called davenport, its a small area as compared to tellico, i belive its about a 5 mile loop we had one sport bike withus and did see another out there, the trail is narrow so not much room for speed though. If you go to tellico the main trail (trail 1) is fine for a sport bike. Check out www.atvnc for other areas.


dirtyrooster

#10
Just went to a place called Bosco beach in Goldsboro N.C.. I'm not sure how close to you it will be but the ride was awesome. Lots of land and camping allowed.   Sport friendly
'06 Predator 500

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com