TRUCK POWER PROGRAMMER

Started by PLAYBOY_400, April 09, 2007, 12:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLAYBOY_400

HEY GUYS IM LOOKING FOR A LITTLE INPUT. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I HAVE A 2003 DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB WITH A 4.7L MAGNUM. I HAVE FLOWMASTERS AND AN AFTER MARKET INTAKE ON IT. BUT I AM WANTING TO BUT A PROGRAMMER FOR IT TO GET A LITTLE MORE OUT OF THE ENGINE. MAYBE WAKE IT UP A BIT. AM I WASTING MY TIME OR IS IT WORTH THE FEW HUNDRED BUCKS? I KNOW ITS NOT A HEMI OR A FORD OR CHEVY. BUT I LOVE THIS TRUCK AND IT DOES EVERYTHING I NEED IT TO BUT I WANT IT TO BE A LITTLE FASTER. BUT NOTICABLE TOO.
2005 400EX. FULL DMC AFTERBURNER, STAGE 2 DYNO JETS, WHITE BROS REV. BOX, SPROCKETS, K&N FILTER. KEEPS UP FOR A LIL BIKE...SUCKS GAS AND HAULS A$$. IM ALSO THE PARTS GUY YOU NEED TO TALK TO FOR ALL YOUR FORKLIFT AND MACHINE NEEDS. [email]RICKY@MRLIFT.COM[/email]

PLAYBOY_400

2005 400EX. FULL DMC AFTERBURNER, STAGE 2 DYNO JETS, WHITE BROS REV. BOX, SPROCKETS, K&N FILTER. KEEPS UP FOR A LIL BIKE...SUCKS GAS AND HAULS A$$. IM ALSO THE PARTS GUY YOU NEED TO TALK TO FOR ALL YOUR FORKLIFT AND MACHINE NEEDS. [email]RICKY@MRLIFT.COM[/email]

KB

probably have better luck searching/posting on a Dodge truck message board.

by the way your lucky to live in Dunellon, that place is beautiful.

PLAYBOY_400

THANKS KB. I DONT LIVE THERE YET. BUT SOON HOPEFULLY. MY MOMS HOUSE IS THERE AND ALL MY STUFF.
2005 400EX. FULL DMC AFTERBURNER, STAGE 2 DYNO JETS, WHITE BROS REV. BOX, SPROCKETS, K&N FILTER. KEEPS UP FOR A LIL BIKE...SUCKS GAS AND HAULS A$$. IM ALSO THE PARTS GUY YOU NEED TO TALK TO FOR ALL YOUR FORKLIFT AND MACHINE NEEDS. [email]RICKY@MRLIFT.COM[/email]

4door5g

they dont make as much differnce on gas motors,  you got to be carefull also cuz it leans out your motor alot of times and cause detenation. what one were you wanting to go with?
2005 400ex built 440
2006 yfz450 SE
2006 raptor 350

PLAYBOY_400

I LIEK THE SUPERCHIP ONE BUT IM JUST LOOKING FOR IDEAS RIGHT NOW. I NEED A LITTLE MORE GO IN MY TRUCK YOU KNOW?
2005 400EX. FULL DMC AFTERBURNER, STAGE 2 DYNO JETS, WHITE BROS REV. BOX, SPROCKETS, K&N FILTER. KEEPS UP FOR A LIL BIKE...SUCKS GAS AND HAULS A$$. IM ALSO THE PARTS GUY YOU NEED TO TALK TO FOR ALL YOUR FORKLIFT AND MACHINE NEEDS. [email]RICKY@MRLIFT.COM[/email]

Redinjun

You had alot of improvement so far?

96cobra10101

Quote from: 4door5g on April 09, 2007, 05:08:48 PM
they dont make as much differnce on gas motors,  you got to be carefull also cuz it leans out your motor alot of times and cause detenation. what one were you wanting to go with?
If you want a good tune, go to a dyno and tune, like race related or coastal dyno.  The bolt ons you did are not really going to do any HP anyway.  Maybe 10hp.  If its auto matic you can do a little more for shifts with a programmer versus hp.  Your biggest hp gains will come from long tube headers, better flowing heads, intake manifold and throttle body.  Your biggest gain with an CAI is throttle response, and exhaust is sound. 
07 YFZ450 with all the goodies!

LTR450 994

I had a Hemi and got the superchips but was not very impressed with the performance for the amount of money i paid for it. dont waste your money on a programmer for gas trucks cause its really not worth the money.

PLAYBOY_400

THANKS GUYS. ITS A LIL FAST NOW BUT ID LIKE A LIL MORE OUT OF IT. ITS AUTOMATIC SO I KNOW ITS WILL HELP WITH THE SHIFTS AND THE SPEED LIMITER. I GUESS THAT ABOUT ALL ITS GOOD FOR. I WANT TO TRY IT OUT....MY GIRL IS GETTING IT FOR ME SO I MIGHT AS WELL. AFTER THAT THEN I WILL TRY THE THROTTLE BODY AND HEADERS. I JUST DONT WANT TO GO TOO FAR WITH IT.
2005 400EX. FULL DMC AFTERBURNER, STAGE 2 DYNO JETS, WHITE BROS REV. BOX, SPROCKETS, K&N FILTER. KEEPS UP FOR A LIL BIKE...SUCKS GAS AND HAULS A$$. IM ALSO THE PARTS GUY YOU NEED TO TALK TO FOR ALL YOUR FORKLIFT AND MACHINE NEEDS. [email]RICKY@MRLIFT.COM[/email]

96cobra10101

If you do the TB do the mass air also.  I would spend the money on a dyno tune over a programmer.  You can get better results all through the rpm range.  If you really want to do it right, and save some scratch, get all your bolt-ons, put them all on at once, then get a tune.  Good luck.
07 YFZ450 with all the goodies!

PLAYBOY_400

THANKS COBRA. SOUNDS GOOD. ILL GET THERE. EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD TAKES TOO MUCH MONEY. LOL. BUT IM DEFINATELY GONA GET A FEW LIL THINGS FOR IT. THANKS FOR THE ADVISE THOUGH.
2005 400EX. FULL DMC AFTERBURNER, STAGE 2 DYNO JETS, WHITE BROS REV. BOX, SPROCKETS, K&N FILTER. KEEPS UP FOR A LIL BIKE...SUCKS GAS AND HAULS A$$. IM ALSO THE PARTS GUY YOU NEED TO TALK TO FOR ALL YOUR FORKLIFT AND MACHINE NEEDS. [email]RICKY@MRLIFT.COM[/email]