welding please?!?!

Started by 2strokinIt, April 08, 2007, 12:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2strokinIt

Anybody in the Tampa area do any welding? I need my axle carrier welded for my Banshee. The dealership wants an arm and a leg, and cant find a machine shop that will do it...thanks .....pm me or email

vinniepasquale@yahoo.com

KB

2 welder's in Tampa I know of are Clanton's Welding on Benjamin Rd. & Mr. Weld It off George Rd.
both are by the airport.
some people might say a weld is a temporary fix 'cause it'll soften the metal next to it & crack there next. maybe have it welded then look on Ebay for a used one.
I'm not a welder but I have a 220v. welder in Tampa if you want to use it.

YFZ450-Tampa

There is a welding shop up in Dover, like 1/2 of mile East of Mcintoch road on MLK, (813) 659-2602, I have taking some aluminum parts to get it weld and I've been really happy with their jobs.

good luck, hope this helps
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

dreth

good luck. if you need i get real good prices on some items

2strokinIt

thanks for the info...thing is its a brand new axle carrier...second one in 3 months actually...its made by rad...its 6061 billet aluminum....the welds that hold the piece the sprockethub connects to keep popping...the manufacturer only put 4 small welds around the whole thing....

the same thing happened with the first one i bought..so i returned it for a new, direct replacement....all from a yamaha shop on ebay....so instead of shipping it back to michigan and waiting another 3 weeks again to get the same one back  and go through this pain in my neck again....i figured id have it welded 10 times better than original

duroc825

If it's aluminum ya better get someone that knows what they're doing. Welding aluminum is a whole different world than welding steel. Sometimes it's best to pay big money to get it done right. Have you tried any custom bike shops? There's several in Tampa.

KB

p.m. Cutngrs on this site, he know's banshee's.

dreth


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com