K&N FIPK

Started by AmericanRobster, April 05, 2007, 08:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanRobster

I have been thinking about getting a K&N FIPK for my 97 chevy 5.7 v8. The FIPK includes the filter and an intake tube, which costs about $280, The filter alone is $50. Is the FIPK worth it, or should I just get the filter?
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

acamoeiger

...cough... Its a chevy ...cough...cough... buy a dodge ...cough...

eldiablo64

well now thats not very good advice >:( lol
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

acamoeiger

Oh sorry I forgot something, Make sure its 4wd...cough...cough...

acamoeiger


AmericanRobster

You better start saving up for your babys education! :D
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Fox17

i think it is. im getting a whole intake for my truck soon. i dont know if it is that exact one but it is one of the k&n ones.

AmericanRobster

They do make a few... It gets confusing
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

LakeMaryKid

Honestly those things are not worth the money. You can either hack your stock air box and get pretty much the same results or you can possibly make your own FIPK depending on your intake tubes. On my truck i will be able to use a cone filter with dual ports on it and it will produce the same results as the K&N kit.

-Curtis-
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

bigscrub79

I would go with a programmer before the FIPK.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Bigscrb15

The FIPK is over rated. There are many more systems you can buy that will increase airflow even more than the fipk.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

PLAYBOY_400

YOUR JUST PAYING FOR THE NAME BRAND THERE. I GOT ONE ON MY TRUCK FROM EBAY FOR ABOUT 40 BUCKS SHIPPED AND WORKS JUST AS GOOD. AND FOR THAT IF YOU WANTED YOU CAN BUY THE TUBE AND ADD YOUR OWN K&N FILTER TO IT.
2005 400EX. FULL DMC AFTERBURNER, STAGE 2 DYNO JETS, WHITE BROS REV. BOX, SPROCKETS, K&N FILTER. KEEPS UP FOR A LIL BIKE...SUCKS GAS AND HAULS A$$. IM ALSO THE PARTS GUY YOU NEED TO TALK TO FOR ALL YOUR FORKLIFT AND MACHINE NEEDS. [email]RICKY@MRLIFT.COM[/email]

ZRIDER

You will get a litle more horsepower with the FIPK, but like bigscrub said I would get the programmer first.  I have a Hypertech programmer and the K&N FIPK on my 2005 5.3 Chevy and it is a night and day improvement over stock, and thats turning 35's.

greenmachine

Just keep the filter clean or the MAF sensor will give you problems. I have a like new AIRAID system in the box for a 97-03 F150 with the 5.4L. $100 takes it obo.

KB

Americanrobster,
have you looked at www.chevytruckworld.com
I have an '05 w/ a 6.0 and at 42k miles started to leak coolant from water pump, I posted a message on that site, there's some G.M. techs. that are on that board, they were pretty helpfull.

GENERAL-Z

The FIPK is not the best you could go with some thing cheaper and get the same results
2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com