Thinking of a 4x4 Holeylands ride Saturday night.

Started by JackL, April 05, 2007, 10:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackL

Anyone feel like seeing the buggy bridge and beyond in person?
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

No wonder no one out there ever knows WTF I am talking about when I mention atvflorida.com...

With no cool/tool I don't know if it is just me or what.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

the time draws near gents











Note my experimental  manual rear winch.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

IXIswamperIXI

I think only someone who has been stuck a lot comes preparid as you do LOL I do the same $hit
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

JackL

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on April 07, 2007, 07:39:09 PM
I think only someone who has been stuck a lot comes preparid as you do LOL I do the same $hit

Those stupid electrics are so expensive, and break every other week. I'm gonna try that boat winch...lol...8$ and if I like i get a 2 speed 12,000lber with 50 feet of strap. :)

Just need an anchor and you could ride the swamp alone.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

FIVE-O

Just got back from there. It was extremely dry. 
[url="http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/orangesoda101/RAPTORSHOOT-1.jpg"]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/orangesoda101/RAPTORSHOOT-1.jpg[/url]

JackL

Quote from: FIVE-O on April 07, 2007, 08:39:07 PM
Just got back from there. It was extremely dry. 

It wasn't all that dry past the buggy bridge! I bent a tierod and had to do six miles back to the truck at 15mph with a front wheel pointing all out left it sucked. It was like 40 as well, and had let a buddy wear my jacket. Awesome ride even if I almost lost my fingers to frostbite.

I got a few pics to post.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

illegal26

just got back ,very dry
turned around at buggy bridge.

hondarider450r

'07 HONDA TRX450ER

JackL

Quote from: hondarider450r on April 09, 2007, 02:11:37 PM
HOW CAN I GET TO THE BUGGY BRIDGE?

Just follow the main trail from the parking lot south, than a bit west. You really can't miss it.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

JackL

Buggy bridge from outer space!! Google earth rocks.


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

ar963

I'm riding saturday afternoon with some friends.  All our bikes are on stock rubber, but we are going to try and make it to the buggy bridge.

I know we need flags, but how about green stickers ?  Are they strict about that out there.

JackL

Quote from: ar963 on April 10, 2007, 08:39:41 AM
I'm riding saturday afternoon with some friends.  All our bikes are on stock rubber, but we are going to try and make it to the buggy bridge.

I know we need flags, but how about green stickers ?  Are they strict about that out there.

It is bone dry, you shouldn't have any problems. Flags are a must 11"x14", no need for the stickers.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

miassmaro98

were exactly are these holey lands?since you stated you need flags is this like a park with entrance fees?
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

JackL

Quote from: miassmaro98 on April 11, 2007, 05:00:14 PM
were exactly are these holey lands?since you stated you need flags is this like a park with entrance fees?

You need the flags because it is a 68$ ticket I hear without them...you are also riding in 10 foot tall sawgrass, the flags are nice to see a guy about to crash into you through the tall grass at 60mph.


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

AintSkeered

It's not a park, it's a Wildlife Management Area(WMA) and there's no fees, yet.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

miassmaro98

2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

PLAYBOY_400

I WISH I HAD A 4.4 TO GO OUT THERE. ID LIEK TO SEE THE BUGGIE BRIDGE. NEVER BEEN THAT FAR OUT THERE. NEVER REALLY RIDE THERE MUCH SINCE MY UNCLE DIED A FEW YEARS AGO THERE. SUCKS ABOUT YOUR TIE ROD.
2005 400EX. FULL DMC AFTERBURNER, STAGE 2 DYNO JETS, WHITE BROS REV. BOX, SPROCKETS, K&N FILTER. KEEPS UP FOR A LIL BIKE...SUCKS GAS AND HAULS A$$. IM ALSO THE PARTS GUY YOU NEED TO TALK TO FOR ALL YOUR FORKLIFT AND MACHINE NEEDS. [email]RICKY@MRLIFT.COM[/email]

miassmaro98

2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

backinsaddle

Quote from: miassmaro98 on April 11, 2007, 07:57:14 PM
so i need a flag no problem

it must be a square flag, my understanding is you'll get a ticket with a triangle flag.

miassmaro98

WELL THAT SUCKS I ORDER A TRIANGLE ONE,GUESS I HAVE TO ORDER A SQUARE ONE
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

backinsaddle

i don't know what hair-brained moron decided the flags should be square, most flags that I see for sale are triangle.  I was out there this weekend, and couldn't find square flags, so I bought triangle ones, took some cotton material, cut to size, spray painted with flourescent orange, and then glued it to the pole...

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com