Don't sit around this Saturday -- Race in a Quad Scramble!! near Polk City

Started by kenz, March 26, 2007, 08:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenz

Have some fun at a Quad Scramble this Saturday near Polk City!!  This Quad Scramble is being presented by the Central Florida Quad Riders. 

Come out and race or just come see what it is all about.  Either way you're sure to have a great time and as a bonus you're supporting a local Quad club.

It's gonna be nice to hang out and see everybody again.  It feels like its been forever.
Hope to see lots of people there.

Quad scramble flyer with directions:  http://www.floridatrailriders.org/flyer/CFQR_QS_033107.pdf
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

Chillinthemost

Every sport bike rider that complains about 2 way trails and whoops or thinks that they are the king of Croom, come on out and put yourself to the test. This location is brand new, there has never been an event here so the course will be fresh.  My son and I are looking forward to it.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

eldiablo64

if I don't have to work me and my son are gonna help dreth making trails for the rally.have fun and be sure to take rally flyers with ya to pass out. ;)
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

Ride1Rob

I'm helping Dreth out this weekend also. Interested in this race though! Anyone know what these trails are like for this race? Since it's right in my backyard I'm thinking about doing it. Just don't have the setup for tight trails.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

kenz

The club putting it on says there is a little bit of everything. 

That usually means tight woods, open fast sections, sand, those nasty palmettos, and pretty much anything else you would encounter in Florida terrain.  It's been really dry lately but maybe they found a good mud hole and a water crossing or two.

If they had access to some heavy equipment who knows what they came up with. >:D
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

1FasterBlaster

   Myself and a few of my friends are going.I heard this track is going to be a great ride, and it's dry.Don't forget your camelpacks!!

greenmachine


kenz

Quote from: greenmachine on March 27, 2007, 01:04:14 PM
What is the cost for a 1st timer?

You'll need to become a member of FTR (Florida Trail Riders), pay the entry fee, gate fee and buy a transponder.  It seems like alot of money to start but once you have everything you just have to pay the race entry fees for any of the other faces

So
1 year FTR membership - $50
Entry Fee - $50
Gate fee - $10
Transponder - $20
Going as fast as you can for 2 hrs., choking on dust and not puking in your helmet - FREE
All the fun you'll have and friends you'll make - PRICELESS
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

ucfneed2ride

I recently got a Raptor and was looking into the FTR. What mods would I have to make on my bike to be suited for this kind of racing. I just got this bike 2 weeks ago, so I am definitely not going to be competitive for a while, but it sounds like a lot of fun! Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

1FasterBlaster

Well put Kens.Suspension mods are the most important, but not really needed.I run stock suspension, it's just a little bumpy.Get a steering stabilizer, it helps out alot if you can't afford suspension upgrades.

kenz

What Bangup said about the setup is true. I have found that wood racing isn't all about horsepower, sure that will get you holeshot, but finesse gets you around the track.

In woods racing you need suspension that can soak up the bumps and whoops.  You might be suprised how well you do with stock suspension.  Play with the preload and get the sag dialed in (hopefully your Raptor came with a decent owners manual).  If not don't be afraid to ask other people how they have their quads setup.  After you ride for a while make small adjustments to the compression and rebound settings to suite your riding style. 
 
  A steering stabilizer does help alot.  I have been racing all season without one.  I got the precision right before I did the GNCC in Vero.  I can't believe the difference that it made.  No sore wrists and I didn't get the bars yanked out of hands either.

Enjoy your new Raptor!!

2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

Bigscrb15

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

qt314nfla

That's right don't sit around.  Come out to Quick Track Mx and help build the track for the atv rally.  More info can be read on the location and information under the ATV rally section of this site.

Bigscrb15

Quote from: QT314 on March 27, 2007, 07:53:52 PM
That's right don't sit around.  Come out to Quick Track Mx and help build the track for the atv rally.  More info can be read on the location and information under the ATV rally section of this site.

i feel like im being stalked, you are following me around.... lol.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com