2008 Banshee

Started by HOWIE, March 19, 2007, 03:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOWIE

I keep hearing about the 08 Banshee coming out with a 500cc Snow mobile motor. I've seen an article about it on a website somewhere, but I can't find the page anymore. And that was just a "MAYBE" page. Anyone have any specifics/evidence of this thing really being built and sold at stores?! A link or somethin?!

Thanks
[url="http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=1213183"]http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=1213183[/url]

digginfool

There's a blurb about it in this month's Dirtwheels mag.  They even have a pic of one of the three prototypes.  The motor puts out around 80 HP in the snowmobile but will most likely be derated to 60-70 HP in the quad.  Looks pretty interesting!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Kawa3

I thought it was an April fools joke in DW like the Honda hippo.....
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

jayman

Yep, I heard it was an early April fools as well!  :P
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: jayman on March 19, 2007, 07:01:58 PM
Yep, I heard it was an early April fools as well!  :P

That is correct, they do it every year
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

HOWIE

THAT WOULD BE SOME BS IF ITS AN AFJ!! :'(
[url="http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=1213183"]http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=1213183[/url]

Inyourdraft2000

I cant find a picture of or anything, my buddy told me he read something about it in Dirt wheels also.
Time will tell!!!!!!!!!!
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg[/url]
"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost[/url]<<4SALE>>>

gearhead400

it's probably an april fools joke. The DW article says its going to have three engine options or something to that effect  ::)

BUT i dont think it would be a bad idea.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

HOWIE

[url="http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=1213183"]http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=1213183[/url]

exrider

Quote from: HOWIE on March 20, 2007, 07:36:36 PM
FOUND IT...check it out

http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=1213183

I think it was a well based April Fools Joke. Thats why it worked so well.
2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine

digginfool

I wouldn't write it off based on that article or the DirtWheels article.  In fact, they seem to confirm a real opportunity for this machine to materialize on dealer showroom floors in the near future.  I'll have my hand on my wallet and a for sale sign on my Raptor (maybe   ;)).
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

BIGREDTIDE

Aren't the 2 strokes no longer made?  Hasn't it taken effect?
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

HOWIE

april fools or not, I'll be lookin out for that. And hell if they don't come out wit it, I'm sure somebody just got the idea and will build one!
[url="http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=1213183"]http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=1213183[/url]

HOWIE

Quote from: BIGREDTIDE on March 21, 2007, 03:25:31 PM
Aren't the 2 strokes no longer made?  Hasn't it taken effect?

yeah thats why they're talking about makin a 4 stroke Banshee
[url="http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=1213183"]http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=1213183[/url]

snowmanzz13

#14
just because i got a banshee, they are going to make a bigger badder shee, jeez i fell to early


oh and it looks sick! 8)
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

BIGREDTIDE

Quote from: HOWIE on March 21, 2007, 03:38:44 PM
Quote from: BIGREDTIDE on March 21, 2007, 03:25:31 PM
Aren't the 2 strokes no longer made?  Hasn't it taken effect?

yeah thats why they're talking about makin a 4 stroke Banshee

Niiice!! 
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com