Holey Land Cleanup = FUTILE !!!!!!!!

Started by Off Rode, February 19, 2007, 02:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cg54329

I have a banshee, its my fault blame it on me, I knew I should have gotten one of those big bulky slow 4 choke utilitys that dont spit trash out the tail pipe

snowmanzz13

calm down, dont need to set anybody off with a smart @ss comment like that, almost everyone litters wether they know it or not, i also ride a banshee but i have a polaris 700 too, instead of dropping trash, bring a bag and pick it up!
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

cg54329

I didnt mean it as a smartass comment, let me rephrase it, keep the trash in the truck

snowmanzz13

banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

Off Rode

I was out there yesterday & it didn't look nearly as bad as the time prior. ;D  There were a zillion people so I don't know if all of the vehicles hid the trash.  It was a nice change.  I guess going out there today would show what the weekend had produced.

***More negative publicity in the form of injured riders requiring Trauma Hawk, BSO, AMR, & Fire Rescue to respond out there.

1987 Honda ATC 250sx
2000 Suzuki LTF250F
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Sons)
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Daughters)

snowmanzz13

that sucks that someone got hurt out there, i hate how they blame the atv as apposed to the untrained rider or stupidity of the rider who gets hurt, if it's the riders fault, they should have the rider tell that as apposed to the news saying that the atv itself was the cause of the crash
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

FIVE-O

Quote from: Off Rode on March 19, 2007, 06:53:46 AM
I was out there yesterday & it didn't look nearly as bad as the time prior. ;D  There were a zillion people so I don't know if all of the vehicles hid the trash.  It was a nice change.  I guess going out there today would show what the weekend had produced.

***More negative publicity in the form of injured riders requiring Trauma Hawk, BSO, AMR, & Fire Rescue to respond out there.



I was there on Sunday, what time did this happen? 
[url="http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/orangesoda101/RAPTORSHOOT-1.jpg"]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/orangesoda101/RAPTORSHOOT-1.jpg[/url]

JackL

You know what, I rode there today and picked up 35lb of trash.

Check out my where to ride thread.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Off Rode

Quote
I was there on Sunday, what time did this happen? 

about 4 - 5 pm.  I don't think you could miss the circling helicopter(s)  Trauma Hawk & probably News
1987 Honda ATC 250sx
2000 Suzuki LTF250F
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Sons)
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Daughters)

PureLogic

#84
Quote from: prnstar123 on March 13, 2007, 09:36:13 AM
i think there is a few main issues that can be worked out fairly easy. 1st is the trash. FWC or someone needs to get trash cans/dumpsters out there and dumped on a regular basis. when you go to the beach there are t-cans, when you go to a park there a t-cans. Why not out there?

We tried this a little more than a year ago. As told to us by waste management and FWC, There is a liability issue of many different angles. Kids playing in it, on it, or around it. Who monitors that? Burning it. For some strange reason people like burning dumpsters or people put toxic items that create and or cause a fire. Crash liability. Somebody is going to run into it, ORV, quad, pick up, Volvo, bicycle will some how someway run into it. Then here is the kicker. Somebody got hurt, well at that point who assumes liability?  Who picks up the cost? Who was negligent? We researched all of this stuff and tried to get permanent dumpsters. This was all about 1-2 years ago. Maybe people change, new management, new thinking may allow change, but as described to us there was just to much liability.

In addition to that there was an issue obtaining dumpsters for a clean-up ride hosted around the same period 2 years ago, waste management wanted no part of it, they where in fear of liability for the things described above.

Also tires, batteries, building materials and various other debris will somehow end up in that dumpster. Waste management will not empty the dumpster. So then who dumpster dives and recovers the contra banded debris? Then what do you do with all of that contra banded debris?

Their take is, you brought it. You used it; you take it home with you.




[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com