How much of the trails have been groomed?

Started by randyz, March 16, 2007, 07:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randyz

I read several weeks ago where they got their machine to groom the trails and they had started doing them.  How much have they groomed?  Can you tell a difference in the trails?

Prairie Master

Well I was there about a month ago and didn't see any groomed. Maybe someone from ONFA will chime in and let you know, don't hold your breath though.
02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife

ScooterB

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

Ida_Mann

release your breath now,,,,I rode the Wandering Wiregras trail Thursday and was disapointed at first,,,then went over and rode a trail just on the other side of 19,,,,,,I turned around after riding about 3 miles.

The entire wiregrass trail has been groomed and everyone who has ridden with me knows that I HATE whoops,,,,but I maintained about 20mph and was quite comfortable on the whole trail.

I rode the trail before it was groomed and I notice a big difference.

Do not expect it to be as smooth as Durhamtown,,,,but I am told that it will get better with each pass and this was only the first pass.  At the moment they are working on the Delancy area and coming back to Wiregrass after that.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

MedicMudder

That is some good news whoops suck, when you drive a 700 lb Sportsman!!!!! Maybe things will get better.
Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
My son is a United States  Marine. :):) Semper Fidelis.
Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!

Ida_Mann

I drove my Rubicon on this trail before it was groomed and the whoops were not big enough to really affect the ride much,,,,and I was comfortable BEFORE it was groomed,,,,,,this time I rode on my 400EX which has a much rougher ride.

I'm probably gonna go up again sometime next week.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

USFfishing

When do they plan on doing the trails around big scrub?  or atleast just those powerlines so we can get to our trails/
07 Grizzly 700 red (ITP Holeshots/ITP type 7)
07 Grizzly 350 blue
2004 Ford F150 FX4
2006 Mercedes C230
1995 Winnebago Brave 31Q

Ida_Mann

at the moment I don't know, but will try to find out.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Prairie Master

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife

GrizzlyBear

As of today, approximately 40% of the northern trails have been groomed.  No one trail is completely groomed as they are taking the areas with the worst whoops and doing these first.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

Chillinthemost

Are they going to do them all? When I was riding there a few weeks ago I got to thinking that they probably would not groom the long straight sections so that the whoops would act as speed bumps. They need to get on the ball. I have noticed since old the old trails have been blocked that the designated trails are really showing the increased use. They keep getting wider because people keep riding farther and farther to the sides to avoid the whoops.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

GrizzlyBear

yes. they will do them all.  they have 2 people working full time. After they enact a fee system, they are considering contracting out the trail maintenance.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

randyz

I'd be happy to pay - IF and only IF they got their act together and started making the trails as nice as they should be.  I spend at least $500 - $600 to go to Durhamtown & Broadriver for a couple days between fuel & motels.  If Ocalas trail system was anything like either of those I'd be happy to pay to just have a 45 minute drive.

wrenchtwister28

Stop whining...rough trails are fun...that is if ya have the right ATV...

viper


sykolincoln

Quote from: wrenchtwister28 on May 06, 2007, 10:41:23 PM
Stop whining...rough trails are fun...that is if ya have the right ATV...

actually I agree with him!  :o
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com