Shout box down Temporarily

Started by mrbones, March 16, 2007, 06:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbones

The site is choking the server once again. This seems to happen every 6 months as the site grows. I have to shop around for a dedicated server for this site. For now, the Shoutbox had to be disabled as I try to free up resources to keep my webhost from freezing the account. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

FishaHallic

Just my opinion but I say shut it down.............permanently.

Toomey

I don't like the shout box either, doesn't seem needed.  But the people that like it have the right for it to stay and continue using it.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Young Gun

Just dont have the shoutbox keep auto-refreshing.  If they want it refreshed they can refresh their page.  That would save a great deal of bandwidth.
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com