Main Menu

GPS Mount

Started by mudman8024, March 15, 2005, 12:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudman8024

Does anyone have any recomendations for GPS handlebar mounts?

Redgrizzly660


GSPKurt

What Grizz said. RAM mounts rock.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

T2

Yea the ram mounts are good just to big for my sport quad, I went with the garmin handlebar mount and it seems to be working fine for me.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Ida_Mann

http://www.aysostore.com/bungeestraps.html

 ;D

but seriously, I had one from Garmin on my handlebars and took it off because I upgraded GPS' and now I use a small bungee strap over the gas tank and it holds just fine,,,,but I have yet to get up to any high speeds since I switched GPS'

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jjamesbar

i used to stick mine in a cup holder on my handle bars tucked inside one of those huggy things. it never fell out. i finally ordered one from rams. not sure about now but at that time garmin didnt make one for the  map 76 i had. you could also check with west marine, they had some last time i was in there.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

NPRVinson

Ram Mount. I ordered one from Freshtracksmaps.com for my 76map. $35.00 work great.

seaviper

I use a RAM handlebar mount for the Lowrance iFinder Hunt GPS and the RAM spotlight. Rugged, good quality stuff.

Check GPScity.com. They have ALOT of gps stuff and it gets shipped right away.
Polaris 700 Twin, Warn 3000lb winch, Lowrance iFinder Hunt GPS,Continental double ATV trailer

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Amazon.com was the cheapest for mine.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

raptor426

I have a Grizzly 660 and I mounted my Garmin GPS right to the front left fender.  I grilled three holes right through the warning label because that is metal and would offer the best support.  It worked great.
2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

raptor426

I would recomend mounting it to the fender because it is protected more, and it is just a visible there then as if it were to be mounted to the handlebars.
2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400