Tire Advice

Started by MadMudder, February 21, 2007, 06:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMudder

Hey guys I need a little help here. I've got an 01 Suzuki 250 and im looking for some new tires. Now im pretty set on what tire im gettin. I currently have 25x10x10 mudlites on the back and stock dunflops on the front. I really like the mudlites and am probably gonna stick with them cause of the trail and mud performance. Im looking for some 26s. But im concerned about 2 things. One am I gonna be able to turn them good. I have a super low low range but your like redlining at like 3mph. The other problem is that I dont want to buy new rims but its hard to find 26s with a 10in rim? Finally wheres the cheapest place to get them? Im looking for 26x10x10s I dont want to go much bigger cause I know 27s rub... Anyway let me know. Thanks.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

MadMudder

So absloutley nobody out of 5800 people bought aftermarket tires or has any advice or recconmeditations for me? Wow :-[
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Mars

Sport or ute?
Both will under steer if you stay with stock fronts and larger rears.
We installed Holeshot HDs on my grandsons Z250. It lost a little pep but for trail riding I would rather have the 6 ply tires.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

exrider

I'm pretty sure the madmudder has a small ute. 26's are a little big for a 250. 26in tires drag down 500 cc machines but I have seen them on little utes too. I think you can find them for your rim size but good luck finding a good deal on them because the are not common.
2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine

MadMudder

Yeah I dont think understeer is my concern. I dont think Ill have a problem with 26s cause i've got low range. And I mean looooooooow. Like rev limiter at 3mph. So the concern I have is where to get them in the size I want and what to get. I probably not gonna get mudlites again cause im looking for something more agressive. Mabye vamps or something like that.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

MadMudder

Well I did a little research and am now leaning towards a 589 or Vampire? I dont want extreme like mudzillas or laws but something better then mudlites. Ive got the size and all that so now im looking for tire reccomdations. I've herd that 589s are heavy and vamps run small? This true? I just wish there wasnt 10,000 choices. And 10,000 good looking ones! Anyway I definitly appreciate any and all advice! Thanks.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Cory1020

589s are heavy, the only vamp that rus small is the 25x9.5x12 (something like that). Look into mudbugs, if you stick with 25s in the vamps or 589s youll be fine.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

psd

I purchased mine on Ebay, cheapest price I could Find Shipped.
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2002 black Ford Excursion PSD
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125

psd

Mudlites are a light tire and they perform well in most conditions, I would keep the weight as low as possible with the smaller CC bikes.I would stick with the mudlites.
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2002 black Ford Excursion PSD
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125

xr100racer

there is a big difference between a 25" and a 26" tire

the 26" tire has about twice as much tread depth

get these tires -------  http://www.atvoutfitters.net/supergrip_mudbitch_tires.htm

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: MadMudder on March 04, 2007, 08:34:33 PM
So absloutley nobody out of 5800 people bought aftermarket tires or has any advice or recconmeditations for me? Wow :-[


http://www.recreationaltire.com/


MadMudder

Quote from: JohnF on March 05, 2007, 02:03:27 PM
there is a big difference between a 25" and a 26" tire

the 26" tire has about twice as much tread depth

get these tires -------  http://www.atvoutfitters.net/supergrip_mudbitch_tires.htm
Yeah I was thinking those but the smallest I can get is 26s and I do ride trails so I dont want something that big. I already have mudlights and im looking into something more agressive. I can get 589's in a 25x12x10 so I am really considering them. Anybody run 589s? I herd that they are heavy or something but I dunno about 25's? Thoughts?
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

MadMudder

Well im basically down to 3 choices. 589s, Vampires or Swamp Witches. So whaddya think about these 3? All info is appreciated!
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

MadMudder

Ok its down to Vampires or ITP 589's. Size 26x12x10. Pick one.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

psd

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2002 black Ford Excursion PSD
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125

MadMudder

Hey guys I got someone that can sell me 2 mudbugs in that size for 130? Should I get those?
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

MadMudder

Final decison: 26x12x10 Mudbugs. DOES anybody run mudbugs or can tell me how they are?
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

jimmyt14

Get the bugs you will NOT be dissapointed.And for that price its a steal.
07 Camo BRUTE FORCE 750, bi/tri claws on itp ss106's

00 trx 300 25'' bugs sittin on c series 4
wheels, audio pipe, snorkeled airbox and lines

99 foreman 450.SOLD!!!finally!!!

rubicon500kid

ehhhh i think mud bugs suck from what i have seen but go for it on a small biek like that u should be better well any tire other then mudlights are better
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com