Another which quad

Started by Qdawg76, February 22, 2007, 11:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qdawg76

We are looking at getting either a 07 Polaris Scrambler 500 or a 07 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4. I havent ridden a new wolverine but My wife likes the way they look, I am curious of any info for pros and cons of each machine.

Thanks
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Fox17


Joedirt

I would go with the Wolverine...simply because of Brand reliabilty...both would be fun either way.
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

greenmachine


Bigscrb15

Quote from: Qdawg76 on February 22, 2007, 11:17:43 PM
We are looking at getting either a 07 Polaris Scrambler 500 or a 07 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4. I havent ridden a new wolverine but My wife likes the way they look, I am curious of any info for pros and cons of each machine.

Thanks

I thought she rode Jessica's Wolverine at Durhamtown. Guess not. I would defeintely go with the Wolverine. That thing is unstoppable! Jessica loves it, says the power is perfect, ergonomics are comfortable and its easy to steer.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

TRX450R_Racer

That's a no brainer get the Yamaha.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Qdawg76

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on February 23, 2007, 07:55:59 PM
Quote from: Qdawg76 on February 22, 2007, 11:17:43 PM
We are looking at getting either a 07 Polaris Scrambler 500 or a 07 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4. I havent ridden a new wolverine but My wife likes the way they look, I am curious of any info for pros and cons of each machine.

Thanks

I thought she rode Jessica's Wolverine at Durhamtown. Guess not. I would defeintely go with the Wolverine. That thing is unstoppable! Jessica loves it, says the power is perfect, ergonomics are comfortable and its easy to steer.

No she just admired it, never rode it, Have you had any problems with it? I was at a local dealer here and they only have a Blue one, My wife really likes the Charcoal or Black one. Were going tomorrow to look around, we wanna get rid of 2 of ours since there paid off and get one, I have also been throwing around the idea of a YFZ, LT-r, or 450r for her. We need to make room in our trailer. Trying to go from 5 to 3 or four is hard, I dont know which ones we should let go :'(
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Smoknbanshee

isn't the polaris scrambler 500 2 stroke? if so, go with the wolverine.  Have had two yamaha's and love them both.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

MadMudder

Na the Scrambler has the same engine as the sportsman. Even though we own a 500sportsman and I know somebody that has a scrambler I would definitly say get the yamaha. The scrambler is automatic and is geared very high. The yamaha has a little less cc's but its a manual and more 50/50 then the sportsman. So I would definitly say go with the yamaha.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

Qdawg76

05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Scramdaddy

Nobody seems to like polaris but I suggest you get the Scrambler. I love mine and never had a problem. The younger set figures Yamaha's have won more races so they must be better. Also Polaris's belt issues are ancient history tho it appears they'll never live it down due to comments made by most likely teenagers who've never rode one. I never rode the Wolverine but I'm not about to bash on one just because I ride something else.  Just my .02 cents.  Scramdaddy
2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  [url="//gen3usa.com"]Gen3usa.com[/url]

Qdawg76

well we looked aroumd at a few dealers and my wife found the one she liked,we are on our way home with it now. i think she made a good choice, suprised me but good choice. now  i am looking to sell a couple to make some room
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

FishaHallic

I belong to this forum http://www.atvobsession.com/ and I would say 70% of the members there have polaris and swear by them.  These guys are hardcore rock crawlers  and  utility riders and they swear by the 4-wheel drive feature of the polaris such as the true 4 wheel drive that according to my friend only polaris has.   I don't think you can go wrong with either brand that you decide.  Good luck

Qdawg76

Well here is what we decided on, We own 3 other Polaris Quads and have never had any problems plus when my wife saw this she fell in love.lol

[attachment deleted by admin]
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Qdawg76

She thinks it is hers but I think it is mine    ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Qdawg76

Another pic

[attachment deleted by admin]
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Qdawg76

Last one, I'll try and get some more pics of it in action

[attachment deleted by admin]
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Bigscrb15

nice, you might not break down since it has a ktm motor. looks sweet.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Scramdaddy

Thats a nice machine. ;) I mighta picked that very one for myself.
2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  [url="//gen3usa.com"]Gen3usa.com[/url]

06 BaNsHeE

Yes very nice and very fast in stock form.Ive raced a couple quick predaturds(Lol dont take it personal or anything its a friendly joke)and was suprised.I think you made a good choice. :T

gearhead400

i'd love to ride one of those 525 outlaws. They seem like they would a blast to ride all around. Congrats on the new bike, let us know how you and your wife like it!
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

MadMudder

Sweet ride. Thats a good compromise. Scramdaddy, the only reason I said that the yamaha would be a better choice was that the polaris has always had a weight issue. Trust me, we have a sportsman and its like 800lbs dry. Other then that and the fact that it is pretty high geared its a great quad. But I think he will be happier with the 525.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

PREDOCROSS

Very cool ride! I have 5 Polaris' including the Scrambler (wifes). Never had any problems with any of them............except the Sportsman 500. It started handling funny after I rolled it down the side of a mountain in Tennessee. 8)

Scramdaddy

Mad mudder I just get a little bent out of shape hearing folks bash my ride. I love my Scramblers, I have two. I gathered some info to set the record str8. Your Sportsman weighs 800 or so you say. Scramblers weigh 571lbs dry with 499cc's. Wolverine 516lbsdry with(421)cc's. So its a closer call than you mighta thaught.
2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  [url="//gen3usa.com"]Gen3usa.com[/url]

Your custom content or HTML goes here