Thunderbowl Speedway - Feb. 17th RACE RESULTS POSTED

Started by fastrnrik, February 13, 2007, 08:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

01ZX12R

Alright peeps, I think it is time to let all of this go. It is done and over with. What we as adults need to look at is:
#1 We need to relize that there are several KIDS, possible sponsors,   and other people looking at what we are posting. What is done is done and we all had a little meeting about it on Saturday night at the race. We need these kinda concerns and ?'s brought up in the drivers meeting prior to the race starting. This has always been a great family and fun sport and we need to keep it that way. I understand that we can and will not ever be able to please everyone BUT we will listen and try to make everything right.
So at this time PLEASE let this go...
We all know that when we see a new person post it is usually going to be to try and start trouble, so try to look past it and do not reply because that is all they are tring to do is get you fired up, beleive me it will bother them much more if you do not respond to there post.

Thank You
Wayne
K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

fastrnrik

Well put Wayne.

I'm going to jump in here breifly with a little bit of the tracks point of view.

First and foremost, for all league members, please don't hold Chris Ware, Dave Ware, or any other league official responsible for breaking up the youth class. That was done solely by the track, more specifically: me. When it was decided to have a meeting with the kids regarding this issue, I requested the parents come up, because I am not going to make decisions affecting kids without the parents knowledge. Also, I am not taking any ones side, as I can actually see all sides of the arguement.
Everyone knows that there have been days past when Chris and I didn't agree on all things racing, namely league rule vs. track rules, etc. We have since put our heads together for everyones benefit, and tried to streamline the rule structure to help alleviate any problems before they come up. However, no facility or group can prepare for every situation that could possibly arise, as was the case with the various kids in the youth class Saturday. I didn't actually see the first race with all of the kids together, so I can't comment on who rode how. I do know that as the track owner, I'm not going to stand by and watch kids cry while they load up their quads and gear because of a decision made by their parents, who have the ultimate say as to what their children do. The main reason I even became involved with this facility is for kids to have a safe place to race. Had this problem been in an adult class we wouldn't even be having this conversation, I can assure you. After discussion, and determining that the younger kids wanted no points or score, then why not let them race seperately? It affects no one but them anyway. The 1st and 2nd place finishers in the original youth class are not league members either. In the future I will review the lineups at Thunderbowl to help curtail this problem before it blows up. But like I said, no one can see every problem coming down the pike. However, I will say this, as I've said before: If you have a problem at Thunderbowl- Come And Get Me! Talk to me rationally about your problems, and I will try to help get it worked out. If it's a league issue, get with Chris, and he will get with me. We both strive hard to help please our respective groups.    
I think some of the league members feel like we're out to sabotage their rules or just be hard to get along with. This is not the case at all. The quads could have no greater ally than the track owner who races quads with them! I think a lot of the friction comes from the fact that when the league as a group goes to other tracks there are no other quads or bikes there other than their own so the leagues rules work perfectly, but Thunderbowl is unique in that it has an established following of local racers that come to every race as well as to league races. This is why, as I stated earlier, that Chris and I have worked hard to standardize and streamline both of our rules, classes, and scheduling to help alleviate confusion and dissention among the various mixture of riders. I know the tracks local riders look forward to racing with league members and I'm sure league members look forward to racing with us. It's totally a win-win for all the racers! That being said, when a situation arises at my facility like arose Saturday, I'm going to do what I can to find some middle ground so the kids can race, which is what happened. The young kids got to race, and leagues youth class went on relatively unaffected.  

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.  

Thank You
Brady

slim2

i don't race and i don't have any kids that race but i do like to go to the races and see the kids having fun i recalled at the beginning of the season a young racer was told he had to move up a class he was too good to race with the novice class even though hes only raced approx 7 times i think that the youth class should be for the young kids if you have a rider that races in imd. class it isn't fair to let him race in the youth class and the rules need to be changed!!!!!!!!!!! lets keep everything fair for the kids Brady you do a great job and you need to work things out and get the kids back on track and happy!

01ZX12R

Brady you do a great job and you need to work things out and get the kids back on track and happy!

Everything was worked out and the kids were able to race and have fun. Thanks for your reply
K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

flagmanthunderbowl

wow i want to post.. please, any one? no ok i wont lol

LILZUK

That is why I said let the kids be kids and race. Most could care less where they finish or what trophy they get they are out there b/c they are having fun. On the other hand good racing everyone and see ya at the next race.
[url="//www.southernflattrackleague.com"]www.southernflattrackleague.com[/url]

fastrnrik

Quote from: flagmanthunderbowl on February 19, 2007, 10:22:38 PM
wow i want to post.. please, any one? no ok i wont lol

Ray, you're a trip. Now get you a$$ back to practicing your flagging!(we all know you sleep with that black flag)

I think, as a sport, we're just having growing pains due to numbers of new riders getting into flat track racing. I think it will only grow exponentially once the TT track is complete. As it grows and the riders increase, we as a track will have to stay progressive to accomodate everyone in some more specific classing. Besides the youth class situation, a good example is the tracks Vet class. My thoughts upon creating this class was for older guys who were somewhat new to have a more mellow class to race in. Well, if you watched the Vets race Sat. it was anything but mellow. These guys were hauling a$$.  But, like I said, as riders increase, we'll just have to figure out a way as a facility to accomodate everyones needs.   


flagmanthunderbowl

I CAN POST first old lady thru it out of bed (and if seen please call t-bowl) i miss u luv  :'( and yep growth is problem cant wait for it though, ok thats all im saying. lol

fastrnrik

Do the other flags get jealous since you favor that black one so much? LOL.

flagmanthunderbowl

they dont know shhhhh and u dont tell i know where u own the best damn flattrack in florida is, so i can c u so dont tell them >:( :-*

flagmanthunderbowl

ps brian might have it because my blue passing flag is laughing at me and calling me, and i cant take this any more.... :'(

fastrnrik

No, Brian don't have them. He doesn't see them remember?

fastrnrik

Quote from: flagmanthunderbowl on February 19, 2007, 10:59:53 PM
they dont know shhhhh and u dont tell i know where u own the best damn flattrack in florida is, so i can c u so dont tell them >:( :-*

Maybe soon to be own TWO of the best dirt track in central FL.
Shhhhhhhh. ;)

Quad32x

Why don't you two homos get a room and whisper in each others ears. Sheezze. ::)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Hoosier Daddy

#64
I think your confused.... Your Speaking of Travis Edwards, he raced the Novice Class and was told by Ray he needed to move up. As the night went on I didnt feel right about it. later that night, I spoke with Both Travis' mom and dad and I gave them the OPTION of moving him to Intermediate or leaving him in Novice. After a day of thought they chose to put him in intermediate where he finished 2nd Saturady night... Looks to me the right choice was made, that boy can flat ride! As far as the Interm/youth debate, as i said before the rules will remain the same for this season, next season they could be changed if we have a large enough following of youth only riders. Oh, as of now, all the riders in the Youth class dont race any other classes...  ;D



Quote from: slim2 on February 19, 2007, 10:01:32 PM
i don't race and i don't have any kids that race but i do like to go to the races and see the kids having fun i recalled at the beginning of the season a young racer was told he had to move up a class he was too good to race with the novice class even though hes only raced approx 7 times i think that the youth class should be for the young kids if you have a rider that races in imd. class it isn't fair to let him race in the youth class and the rules need to be changed!!!!!!!!!!! lets keep everything fair for the kids Brady you do a great job and you need to work things out and get the kids back on track and happy!
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

fastrnrik

Quote from: Quad32x on February 20, 2007, 12:21:08 AM
Why don't you two homos get a room and whisper in each others ears. Sheezze. ::)

Shut up Tool, you're just jealous!

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

N-Tense Motorsports

You all are right, there was no need for this thing to get so blown out of proportion, the issue was put to bed on Sat. nite.  At the end of the nite, the kids were happy and that's all we wanted.  Thanks for your help Brady, Ray and Chris, we appreciate it.

One last thing...... Ray, you are ate up!!!!  :K ;)
2007 SFTL Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Open Class Champions
2007 Thunderbowl FT Youth Class Champions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bud #32 
Austin #7
Scott #14
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SkyHighT100

Man, if there was half the drama on the track compared to what's in this thread, I'm glad we decided to stay home. Seriously, the bickering and bad sportsmanship among some of the people at the track has gotten really old really fast. The last time I checked the majority of the people at the track are responsible, level headed adults. Maybe it's the competition thing, or the alcohol, or who knows what else, that changes the way people act (and if that's the case they need to give one or all of it up), but like everyone else has said, what ever happend to going out there and having fun? Growing pains or not, people need to remember how to act, especially in front of kids. I don't care how much someone drinks or how much someone curses, if you can't handle yourself properly you shouldn't be out there in the first place. Hopefully things will be better come the Jasper race, otherwise it's going to really suck to drive 3 hours just to listen to a bunch of whining. Maybe I'll just stay home with Quad32 and Scooter so we can get drunk and curse, lol
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

slim2

no i wasn't confused what i was just tyring to say was if Travis is that good to be told he had to move up and if he was of age for the youth class he shouldn't be allowed to race in a lesser class but since you brought up that move thing and rules from what i understand and i might not have all the facts  Travis could race in novice as a league racer but t- bowl wouldn't let him race there for points if that was the case then no one plays by the rules any way i don't want to get in to a debate on this whats done is done! our company is a sponsor and i think its a good think you just need to work out some issues with the rules sorry if i upset some one with this its just my opinion thats all

Hoosier Daddy

#70
OK once again.
What Brady and Ray do on Tbowl points nights may Differ from league points nights. Thunderbowl doesnt have a say so over the league just as the league doesnt have a say so over them.
Travis cant race in a "lesser" class. Unless he rides a different bike in the Open class.
I might be a little confused about what your trying to get across. Feel free to call me and I will explaine how the rules work. 813-695-1444  Im not tring to argue or debate with you I just think you might be on a different page. Any racer of ours who doesnt follow the rules during a league race will be DQed. PERIOD! No exceptions.

Who are you a sponsor of?
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

dreth

oh yea,well your momma wears combat boots :D :D :D

i just had too! Ray made me do it

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Dang, talking about someones mama    oooooohhhhh









It was funny though.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

HillKiller

   I just read all this so I know I am late getting in but......Why hasn't anyone brought up the fact that one reason Christian rode in the Intermediate class last year is because there wasn't a youth class?
     Cyall in Jasper!
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

blupits04

Dang I thought for a min I was going to haft to call JERRY SPRINGER.This was almost better than CSI.LOL
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com