06 Honda Rincon CAMO

Started by HVYHLR53, February 13, 2007, 06:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVYHLR53

Anyone have a problem with the camo film peeling off? I have only had mine for 3 months and the camo is peeling off on the fenders. I originally thought that the camo was mixed in with the plastic, now Im kinda wishing I bought a solid color.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"

AintSkeered

Are you pressure-washing it? I'm about to buy one and will go red if it's peeling off.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Joedirt

Take it back to the dealer , it is not supposed to do that . A buddy of mine got his plastics replaced because of it.
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

HVYHLR53

I have used the pressure washer a couple of times, but don't get too close with it. Where it started peeling isn't really in a spot where I would normally reach it with pressure anyways (under seat).

It is at the dealer now, they have spoke to Honda about it and have been going back and forth. I think the dealer is making headway towards getting it replaced. Honda said that if it is scratched they wouldn't warranty it. When I bought the machine, I didn't know that the camo was actually a film that was stretched around the fenders or I wouldn't have bought it.

The color plastics under the camo is actually pretty nice, Its a light tan color. I'm half tempted to peel it all off and have a one of a kind colored quad.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"