best winch for a rhino?

Started by emaxxjeremy, February 12, 2007, 04:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emaxxjeremy

i am looking at winches for the rhino and want one that is hefty enough to pull it out of mud if needed.  i was looking at the warn 4000lb and the ramsey 5000lb.  they run almost the same in price.
one thing i noticed is that these are chassis mounted, so i need a different mount plate.  do i need a fairlead for the bumper as well?
04 450r-WB E2, HC Stg 2, ATP tuned

06 Kasea 90

Chillinthemost

I have a 2500lbs. on my Rhino and it haas always been enough to get me out. I dont "mud" my Rhino though. If you are getting bad stuck in really nasty stuff then get the biggest winch you can.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

bugmanjr

Harbor Freight Tools makes a 3000lb winch with Roller Fairlead for $80, I use it on my monster Sportsman and it pulls like a champ.. they also make larger winch's.. Their return policy is Great.. I never have any issues.
08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM