Big Scrub help, Please

Started by batman, February 13, 2007, 12:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

batman

Going to Big Scrub, need to know:

1. how strict they are with 2 riders on 1 ATV that is not made for 2.  Do they enforce this?   Will I be able to ride my wife on the back of my ATV without any problems?

2. Do you really need GPS to not get lost?

3. Where is a good place to stay (too cold for camping) nearby where my ATV's will be safe at night?

Really appreciate any help or advice.  Going up this weekend 2/17-2/9

Thanks in advance!
Please let me know.


[attachment deleted by admin]

smokechaser068

They are not that strict with 2 riders as long as you are not hot-doging and tearing everything up.
GPS is nice but as long as you do not venture to far off the powerlines and are some what oriented with north south east and west it is not too bad. ---BUT--- you can still get lost. Just be carefull.
There are no hotels or motels in that area.  The closest area is Ocala(Silver Springs) for hotels and motels.  Its about a half hour drive between Big Scrub and Silver Springs.

If you have any other questions I will try to help you out as much as I can.  I live in between both areas.
cougar 325 me
kazuma 150 wife
suzuki 125 3 wheeler son
kazuma 50 daughter

batman

Thanks for taking the time to reply smokechaser.  It's appreciated!

Any other help from others will also be appreciated.



[attachment deleted by admin]

GrlNextDoor

I have gone a couple of times and stayed at Mill Dam Lake.  It has been over a year though.  They are SMALL modulars.  Nothing fancy AT ALL.  But, it is a shower and a bed and it was cheap.  Not too far from Big Scrub.  We felt OK with the ATV's on the trailer or in the truck parked between the modulars.  Like I said, it has been a while since I have been there though.  Anyone else stayed more recent?

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com