Holeylands Cleanup

Started by digginfool, February 04, 2007, 08:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digginfool

Just wanted to thank everybody that showed up.  We had an excellent showing and hauled away a full dump truck of trash out.  We cleaned for about 1-1/2 hours then went riding.  WE HAD A BLAST!  It was great to meet and ride with everyone.  There was riding for everyone; mud, fast trails, easy pace or flat out.  My Raptor and body got a good workout following Thrumud, TRX450R_Racer, Pelele and MX Raptor 7R (hope I didn't forget anybody).  For those that haven't ridden with these guys, they haul azz!  Miamigirlrider is a really nice gal and a real champion for our sport.  We all need to thank her for the work she and ATVMiaExtreme does.  Most everybody that showed was from the South Florida area but special thanks to the guy (I'm sorry - I couldn't remember your screen name - was it arcticcat?) who came all the way from North Port to help us out.  Guys, can't wait to ride with you again.  If you ever make any plans, be sure to call the Digginfool!  I'm there!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Ida_Mann

sure wish I coulda showed, but the boss said no.

I'll just take a big trashbag with me next time I get time to ride and go down there myself.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

ScooterB

I had a great time.  It was nice to meet everyone and look forward to the next time.

I got to pull a sport quad out of the mud with my 2wd Ute 8)

This was my first time at this place and I must say I was not dissapointed.
As Diggin said there was something for everyone. 

I will post some pics in the pic section

-Scott-
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

digginfool

Did anybody get a picture of his Raptor buried in the mud?  Man, that was funny.  He had to have had at least 60 lbs. of mud packed into the front of his quad.  I was about 100 feet behind him and he just stopped.  That mud was sticky and deep!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

ScooterB

Quote from: digginfool on February 04, 2007, 03:25:10 PM
Did anybody get a picture of his Raptor buried in the mud?  Man, that was funny.  He had to have had at least 60 lbs. of mud packed into the front of his quad.  I was about 100 feet behind him and he just stopped.  That mud was sticky and deep!

I had my camera but I was pullin him out.. :banghead.gif

I thought is was bad enough without takin pics  ;)
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

Off Rode

It was nice to see what a group can accomplish.  :Clap.gif I did not get to meet everybody but a few more rides will fix that.  I had to leave when you guys were leaving to go ride.  My kids were happy to help out.

Thanx for singing "Happy Birthday" to my son.  None of us wanted to leave, so next year's Bday will be @ Holeyland :ThumbsUp.gif
1987 Honda ATC 250sx
2000 Suzuki LTF250F
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Sons)
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Daughters)

Gato

I was the guy with the artic cat with the 2 kids but I am from Miami the guy u are thinking about was the 1 with d honda ranger (Scott) and I am Peter but it was nice to ride if you are the guy I think you had your 2 kids riding?
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

digginfool

Yes, that's me.  In fact, if you had the little girl who wore the same O'Neal shirt that my girl wore, PM me with your phone because my daughter wants to call your daughter, if that's okay with you.  Either way, we definitely look forward to riding with all of you again.  Really enjoyed meeting everyone.  Now I just need to memorize everybody's name!   ;)  Hey Scott, sorry about messing up your name.  Hope you had a safe trip back home this morning.   
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

LTR450 994

it took me a good hour to wash all the mud off the bike ;D what a pain that was, but i still had a blast

miamigirlrider

I want to thank everyone who made it out to the clean up!!!! Special thanks to ATVFLORIDA, NORTHPORTOFFROAD, FULL TRACK CONSERVERVATION CLUB and the fellow who donated the dump truck.

It was a great ride and most of all a great clean up. Many new faces, OffRode, Digginfool, Aintskeered, Charlotte and her family, Hunter and his family, ScooterB and his boy(Aintskeered, what happened to you? I was looking foward to riding with you and your son?) Anyways, I was really happy to meet new faces, I am looking foward to our Lake Delancy Group Ride and S. Estates ride.

I will post pictures up tonight and will let everyone know when to pick up there newspaper.

AGAIN< THANK YOU EVERYONE.
[url="http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9546/carissig18yv1bm.jpg"]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9546/carissig18yv1bm.jpg[/url]

digginfool

#10
The dump truck was courtesy of yours truly; the digginfool.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

ScooterB

Quote from: digginfool on February 04, 2007, 10:28:00 PM
Yes, that's me.  In fact, if you had the little girl who wore the same O'Neal shirt that my girl wore, PM me with your phone because my daughter wants to call your daughter, if that's okay with you.  Either way, we definitely look forward to riding with all of you again.  Really enjoyed meeting everyone.  Now I just need to memorize everybody's name!   ;)  Hey Scott, sorry about messing up your name.  Hope you had a safe trip back home this morning.   

No problem, I made it home fine, cleaned the bikes and started the smoker for ribs for the game.
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

Off Rode

Quote from: digginfool on February 05, 2007, 11:19:18 AM
The dump truck was courtesy of yours truly; the digginfool.
:bow.gif

Your truck was a GREAT help, thanks.
1987 Honda ATC 250sx
2000 Suzuki LTF250F
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Sons)
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Daughters)

TRX470r

Just wanted to say it was really nice meeting everyone. this was my 1st group ride but not my last. I had a great time trying to keep up with with group. can't wait to see the pics!!!
05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C

miamigirlrider















































































and finally Rene on the floor.


DIGGINFOOL THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE TRUCK>
[url="http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9546/carissig18yv1bm.jpg"]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9546/carissig18yv1bm.jpg[/url]

digginfool

Great pics, Cary!  Again, it was really nice meeting and riding with everybody.  Looking forward to riding with you guys again.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

pelele

Jajajajaja  Rene ... rata inmunda animal rastrero......He always falling of something or getting stuck...

Great pictures... thanks cary
04 RAPTOR 660R CHAMELEON
03 LT-Z400 YELLOW

www.atvmiaxtreme.com
www.raptorforum.com
www.z400central.com

[url="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e327/peleleman/raptor/rap5banner.jpg"]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e327/peleleman/raptor/rap5banner.jpg[/url]

TRX450R_Racer

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

07pred500

that looks like great fun count me in next time.anyone have directions from Ft Myers I have never been
07 Polaris predator 500

bftclub

so was any FWC officers out there to witness the efforts of those you made it out there to clean up....would hate to think it was not appreciated

digginfool

Can't say one way or another whether our efforts were directly witnessed by FWC, however, with that being said, miamigirlrider is well known by the regional supervisor of FWC and she made it known to him that we would be there.  She relayed to us that he would show up if at all possible.  There were quite a few people on site that witnessed our efforts and many of them joined in and/or made positive comments.  I'm quite sure our efforts are much appreciated by everyone that uses that land.  The sheer volume of trash we hauled out made a difference for that area.  There was a noticeable difference from before to after.  Everybody who uses that land should make a habit of taking out more than they bring in.  It's a shame that so many people never learned to pick up after themselves but a few can make a difference.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

johnny c

besides the trash issue what else is the fwc upset about?
(speeders?)
what can we do when we are all out there to ensure they wont close it down,
in other wards
What will make the fwc happy?so there is no problem.

digginfool

#22
Quote from: AintSkeered on February 10, 2007, 09:39:15 PM
FWC all over Holeyland today enforcing all the laws. They issued many $50 fines to people who had those triangular flags, instead of the 10"x12" rectangular ones. They also issued tickets to parents whose kids had no helmets and some reckless operation fines, as well. I warned one  group of morons not to speed past cars, kicking up rocks and mud on the cars. They said OK and then ignored me. 10 minutes later, FWC issued the father of the morons 4 tickets. I'm now convinced it's not going to last long out there.

Read this.  The FWC is slowly tightening the screws.  These efforts are initially to drive off those who are too lazy to comply with the rules.  If this doesn't work, they will take it a notch higher (who knows what the limit will be).  If that still doesn't work, they will ban us.  The best thing you can do at this point is to know the rules before you go, abide by them, and try to be brave enough and diplomatic enough to inform those that are exhibiting behavior detrimental to the perception that we want FWC to have of atvers.  Don't be bashful but don't put yourself in harms way, either.  Many of these idiots get downright hostile if you try to talk to them.  If they don't listen, walk away.  If you see FWC, point them out.  Otherwise, enjoy it while we still have it.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

snowmanzz13

well, FWC is definatily tighting down, we just our flag(it broke) and my dad was headed out to look for it when they gave him a ticket, tey didn't care, we had the mount on there, or that he was going to look for it, as we were pulling out, we saw another guy coming up onto the levee from the south side without a flag but he had the pole and he was also written a ticket
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com