Big Cypress Ride 29th

Started by Keeter, December 27, 2006, 09:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeter

Two of us are putting together a ride for this Friday the 29th at Big Cypress. We will be stopping at the Ranger station to get a new sticker Friday morning. There are dry trails and some water areas maybe some mud??.  We will start out at around 9:30am and ride all day into the night. Who is in? I can help with the details.  PM me.

2019 Can Am 850 XMR

Thrumud

I would love to go but still in the rejetting process with my Rincon.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

ScooterB

Quote from: Thrumud on December 27, 2006, 10:16:46 PM
I would love to go but still in the rejetting process with my Rincon.

Dont start that bike in your driveway   ::)
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

r6realtor

I would love to go but what is the deal with the tire width? I have a rhino and I just bought my dad and ozark, they say you to have 7" in front and 9" in the back, on the actual ground is were they measure, those are wide tires!
any suggestions
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

Keeter

I had no problem with a set of 25.11.12      25.9.12
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

wilburz

Quote from: r6realtor on January 02, 2007, 07:20:49 PM
I would love to go but what is the deal with the tire width? I have a rhino and I just bought my dad and ozark, they say you to have 7" in front and 9" in the back, on the actual ground is were they measure, those are wide tires!
any suggestions

Ozark's come stock with 7 inch wide tires in front and 10 inch wide tires in back. ???   
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

r6realtor

Quote from: wilburz on January 04, 2007, 02:39:41 PM
Quote from: r6realtor on January 02, 2007, 07:20:49 PM
I would love to go but what is the deal with the tire width? I have a rhino and I just bought my dad and ozark, they say you to have 7" in front and 9" in the back, on the actual ground is were they measure, those are wide tires!
any suggestions

Ozark's come stock with 7 inch wide tires in front and 10 inch wide tires in back. ???   
Your right but the ranger told me that just because they are seven inches wide does not mean that there is actually 7" on the ground, Has anyone ever been with stock 7" wide in the front and stock 9" or 10" in the rear???
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

Anoriginal

This post is a little late now, but......Rhino's are not allowed in the Big Cypress unless previously inspected and tagged. No more will be inspected until the rules are modified.

Also, riding is prohibited after 10pm. and the spped limit is 15mph.

Hope  you guys had a good time.

Weekend_Warrior

Rhinos not allowed. That doesnt make sense since you can register buggies and trucks.  We are planning on going to the Seafood Festival and were going to stop at the ranger station to get inspected.  I better call before I go.
06 Suzuki Eiger with 589's
05 Rhino 660 with to many options
04 Yamaha Warrior
02 DS 90

Anoriginal

Quote from: Weekend_Warrior on February 01, 2007, 09:29:53 PM
Rhinos not allowed. That doesnt make sense since you can register buggies and trucks.  We are planning on going to the Seafood Festival and were going to stop at the ranger station to get inspected.  I better call before I go.

Call if you like, but I'm telling you, they will not inspect it. Be careful who you talk to and be sure to make sure they totally understand what you are talking about. Otherwise, you'll take the trip with your Rhino for nothing. If they tell you they'll inspect it, they do not understand what you're talking about.

I totally agree that it doesn't make sense. However, it's true. I just went through it with the Park Service about 3 months ago. The current ORV plan does not provide for side by sides. Because they are niether classified as an ATV nor Buggy and titled as a side by side, they cannot inspect and tag them. If they did so, it would provide yet another opportunity for idiots in the Sierra Club and similar organizations to once again sue the NPS over the ORV plan.

This would be bad for all of us and potentially have negative impacts on the future of ORV use not only in Big Cypress, but in other ORV friendly areas. The Park Service and rangers currently on staff at Big Cypress are all for proper ORV use and have no problems with the Rhino type vehicles. They are just being careful and will eventually be able to inspect and tag the Rhinos. Just be patient and it'll happen.


lswjth2

Remember to go, be safe, have a good time and respect all rules and regulations and this includes trespassing on camps. There's been a lot of noise lately coming from the NPS about atv's being drunk, speeding, going off trails etc. If we keep doing this, bye bye big cypress. Also remember this is not an ATV park, it's an National preserve. Everyone is looking at OHV use out there....Have a great time

Anoriginal

Quote from: lswjth2 on February 02, 2007, 11:46:11 AM
Remember to go, be safe, have a good time and respect all rules and regulations and this includes trespassing on camps. There's been a lot of noise lately coming from the NPS about atv's being drunk, speeding, going off trails etc. If we keep doing this, bye bye big cypress. Also remember this is not an ATV park, it's an National preserve. Everyone is looking at OHV use out there....Have a great time

He is absolutely right!!! The single biggest complaint in the Big Cypress is ATVs and their owners. Trespassing, speeding, drinking, lack of inspection, no ORV license, theft and vandalism are the big ones. If we lose it, we'll have ourselves to thank.

Weekend_Warrior

They must have changed their mind because I had no problems registering my Rhino this weekend.  I guess the morale of the story is don't believe everything you read on the internet.
06 Suzuki Eiger with 589's
05 Rhino 660 with to many options
04 Yamaha Warrior
02 DS 90

Anoriginal

Quote from: Weekend_Warrior on February 05, 2007, 03:25:20 PM
They must have changed their mind because I had no problems registering my Rhino this weekend.  I guess the morale of the story is don't believe everything you read on the internet.

I am amazed. Hopefully that means they got the rules changed. Otherwise you'll be getting a letter in June or so when they audit the ORV permits, that tells you they made the mistake.

Glad you got it. That's good news.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com