Beadlocks? or Baja wheels? or ?

Started by 450R_Matt, March 01, 2005, 07:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

450R_Matt

Ok,  I want to get 18x10x8 Holeshot MXR-4  on a wheel that will hold up to some extreme riding conditions.   Give me some feed back on the race wheels for the rear of my Quad. I know what the advantage is with the beadlocks but are the baja wheels just as strong?     All you experts on race wheels halllerrr.  Let me know what product is the best.  


We dont want this to happen any more.... >:(

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

dreth

i honestly dont know! my bead locks have been tortured as you know and are holding up well. i payed 260$ for them , just rims. good luck on research. for like 200$ you can get hypers ;D

ZRIDER

I've got the Douglas ultimate beadlocks with billet centers on my Z400.  I've never had a problem with them.  I use to bend the rim and blow the beads a lot on my ITP rims I had on my Polaris Sport (heavier bike), but I have never had a problem with the beadlocks.  

I'll probably eat my words after posting this.

2fast4u

Hole Shots? Next you'll want a Yamaha. I'd trust the baja wheel for not bending but tires still go flat and nothing keeps you in the race like a beadlock. Baja fine if you are not racing.
go fast turn left any questions?

450R_Matt

These are on the way. No tire yet ... :-/
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur


mudnuri

I am excited for you. I ordered them, too. They sent the scalloped rings by mistake. I like them a lot and you will too!!
Did you go the extra mile and get the inner reinforcing rings?
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i