type of paint?

Started by 1uglykawasaki, March 11, 2005, 01:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1uglykawasaki

Once again, I am very new to the ATV scene and was given a 95 Bayou 220. So dont know that much about them just yet, but the bike is blue and gray and I want to make it camo, does anyone know where I can get a good deal on camo plastics and seat or seat cover. Also, the rims are white and would like to paint them black. Is there a certain type of paint that I should use for this? Any help would be appreciated.
95 Kawasaki Bayou 220
85 Chevy C-10
Walker Hound
Pitbull

1slowfox

paint , krylon fusion ..


Just take you time and make sure to let it dry well before your attempt to put it back on the quad ..



ED
I <3 Fiberglass !

1uglykawasaki

Cool, thanks for the info!!

Much appreciated. Will try it out this weekend.
95 Kawasaki Bayou 220
85 Chevy C-10
Walker Hound
Pitbull

yunt2ride

#3
Check out my pictures in the gallery. This is what I did and it looks like new. I do not know how it will hold up as I have not had it out riding it yet. I lightly sanded it down with fine sandpaper, then you need to wash it with just water and let it dry real good, (do not use any cleaner or wax at all or the paint will fisheye with you). Then when you spray it with krylon fusion paint, you will need to very and I mean very lightly spray it so that it does not run. Put 6 or 7 coats on it. I let the paint sit overnight. Then I put 2 coats of clear lacquer on it to bring out the color. It may not hold up but it looks great right now. This is the first time that I have done anything like this but as faded as the quad was I figured that it could not hurt it. Digitalsniper did his with fusion paint and some of it peeled off. I do not think that he sanded it down at all though.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

RaptorTom

Does anyone know how this paint holds up on the gas tank if gas gets spilled on it?
For Sale
2002 Blaster
2003 TTR125
1999 PW80