Come out to Myakka City for Quad Scramble #4

Started by kenz, December 10, 2006, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FasterBlaster

   I think me and some buddies might try to make this one.How do you get a racing # ? I have a kill switch already.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on January 21, 2007, 06:08:35 PM
   I think me and some buddies might try to make this one.How do you get a racing # ? I have a kill switch already.

You can use any number you want as long as it isn't taken. When you sign up they will let you know what numbers are available.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

kenz

Quote from: svtbolt04 on January 20, 2007, 10:06:59 PM
Quote from: kenz on January 20, 2007, 12:18:58 AM
Quote from: dvx400#1 on January 18, 2007, 08:13:14 PM
question, if is not your turn to race can you still ride other trails while the races are going on or do u just wait for practice time wich is 1 hour and then wait untill your race time.wich for me as a biginer looks like to be 2hrs :dunno.gif

You only ride during practice and when your class is up.  The course is is only open to the class that is racing at that time.  The race time for beginners is 2hrs.  You make as many laps as you can in the 2 hours. 

There isn't alot of waiting around.  By the time sign up takes place and you get your gear on, it's time for practice-  you might get 2 laps in.  Practice isn't for all out speed- its a chance to see what's up.

The day goes fast, watching the other classes, hanging out, grabbing something to eat, giving your quad the once and twice over; before you know it, it's your time to race.  Then the real fun begins.  ;D

There will be some good food there.  The land owners church group will be doing the cooking again; breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Some good stuff!!


Since when can you get more than 2 laps in practice?!?!

Me and a couple other people got two laps in practice at the Seminole race (QS#2)
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

kenz

The forcast for the weather looks like it is going to be really nice.  If they're right-- low the 40's and high in the 60's with lots of sun on Saturday.   :ThumbsUp.gif
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

Anoriginal

All I can say is that the B class better be ready to roll. Chillin was practicing yesterday at our stealth 1.2 mile practice track in the super duper secret quad compound for two hours steady! He is flying. I even hit him with sticks and mud while he was riding and never threw him off.

Next time I'm going to sling spider monkeys at him.

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Anoriginal on January 22, 2007, 04:56:40 PM
All I can say is that the B class better be ready to roll. Chillin was practicing yesterday at our stealth 1.2 mile practice track in the super duper secret quad compound for two hours steady! He is flying. I even hit him with sticks and mud while he was riding and never threw him off.

Next time I'm going to sling spider monkeys at him.

You goin out to watch? I was thinking of headin out there cause I have never been to one of the events. I know you cant see most of the course, but I though it would be fun and cheap.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

1FasterBlaster

   This is my first QS.Looking forward to seeing how I do.

RAD 450r

Its almost just as fun spectating, Some of  my friends have watched and there hooked and got the bug to go out and try it now.  If its your first time youll most likely have fun, it takes riding with your buddies to a whole new level.
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

kenz

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on January 22, 2007, 05:02:47 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on January 22, 2007, 04:56:40 PM
All I can say is that the B class better be ready to roll. Chillin was practicing yesterday at our stealth 1.2 mile practice track in the super duper secret quad compound for two hours steady! He is flying. I even hit him with sticks and mud while he was riding and never threw him off.

Next time I'm going to sling spider monkeys at him.

You goin out to watch? I was thinking of headin out there cause I have never been to one of the events. I know you cant see most of the course, but I though it would be fun and cheap.

Come on out Bigscrb15!!  If you aren't going to race you'll have a cheap and fun day.  You'll have lots to see--there's the creek jump, a water crossing, a couple fast sections, a woods section and our tank buster of a scoring chicane all close to the parking area -- all is sure offer some exciting action. 

Can't forget the good food either.  I can't wait for those bisquits and gravy on Saturday morning!!
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

1FasterBlaster

   I'm hoping to get all my riding partners to start doing it with me.Right now, I have three other people coming with me.I like seeing racing plates on my quad too.

duroc825

Chino, I think I'll go just to check it out this weekend. I believe Frank is going also. He'll be ridin though. I just wanna figure out if its worth the cost .

svtbolt04

Just to clear it up, you are allowed only ONE (1) lap during practice.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Albright335

Quote from: duroc825 on January 23, 2007, 09:39:53 AM
Chino, I think I'll go just to check it out this weekend. I believe Frank is going also. He'll be ridin though. I just wanna figure out if its worth the cost .


I think it is great you are coming...but bring your quad...I think you will regret it if you don't  ;)
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

1FasterBlaster

   If you'll pay $50.00 for Croom,then why wouldn't you pay for this.It's just another place to ride and haul azz!! Besides, you'll be riding with me Mike.

Ryan561

whoever is in the 400cc C class best wach out for me on my red #77 EX
2005 trx 400ex       Pro Armor bumper
yoshi RS-3             Pro Armor killswich
jetted                   DG nerfs
K&N filter

2006 KX 250F
Its got everything

Anoriginal

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on January 22, 2007, 05:02:47 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on January 22, 2007, 04:56:40 PM
All I can say is that the B class better be ready to roll. Chillin was practicing yesterday at our stealth 1.2 mile practice track in the super duper secret quad compound for two hours steady! He is flying. I even hit him with sticks and mud while he was riding and never threw him off.

Next time I'm going to sling spider monkeys at him.


You goin out to watch? I was thinking of headin out there cause I have never been to one of the events. I know you cant see most of the course, but I though it would be fun and cheap.

You know, if you guys are going, I might have to come watch. Let me know for sure if you decide to go. It would be nice to hang out with you again.

Chino, it will good to meet you in person. If I'm there, come by and see me, I owe you a beer after the race.

duroc825

I'd probably ride this one if I had enough time to get ready. No kill switch,#plate or chest protector. When and where is the next one.

kenz

Quote from: svtbolt04 on January 23, 2007, 02:09:04 PM
Just to clear it up, you are allowed only ONE (1) lap during practice.

Didn't know that.  I won't let it happen again, sir!!  :no :X :wink.gif :M

Thanks dude, have a good one.
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

bigscrub79

Quote from: kenz on January 22, 2007, 07:18:05 PM


Can't forget the good food either.  I can't wait for those bisquits and gravy on Saturday morning!!
I will most likely be there but please elaborate on the biscuits and gravy.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

1FasterBlaster

#44
   Cycle gear has all the equipment pretty cheap Mike.The kill switch isn't that hard to install, and you can Zip tie the plates.I bought a EVS chest protector for $60.00 bucks from Cycle Gear.You can make it Mike!!Drew with the tricked out LTZ is entering with me.
   And I always look out for other riders,just don't inhale any of my dust!LOL I"ll be in a Black Tahoe w/ Ghost blue flames on the front.Yellow Z400 w/ black wheels and graphics.Come and ride!!

kenz

Quote from: bigscrub79 on January 24, 2007, 09:29:21 AM
Quote from: kenz on January 22, 2007, 07:18:05 PM


Can't forget the good food either.  I can't wait for those bisquits and gravy on Saturday morning!!
I will most likely be there but please elaborate on the biscuits and gravy.

I don't know what it is, its just sawmill gravy and homemade bisquits;the gravy might even be homemade too, cause they sure taste good in the morning.  They have a breakfast plate of eggs, grits, bacon & sausage and bisquit for $$cheap$$.  It is the land owners church group providing the food, they have provided some good food for the past Hare and Quad Scramble out there.  Lunch and Dinner is good too. Drinks and assorted snacks all day.  Last time they had BBQ pork and chicken sandwhiches that were really good.  I heard they make a heck of a strawberry shortcake too!!
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

bigscrub79

Quote from: kenz on January 24, 2007, 03:09:42 PM
Quote from: bigscrub79 on January 24, 2007, 09:29:21 AM
Quote from: kenz on January 22, 2007, 07:18:05 PM


Can't forget the good food either.  I can't wait for those bisquits and gravy on Saturday morning!!
I will most likely be there but please elaborate on the biscuits and gravy.

I don't know what it is, its just sawmill gravy and homemade bisquits;the gravy might even be homemade too, cause they sure taste good in the morning.  They have a breakfast plate of eggs, grits, bacon & sausage and bisquit for $$cheap$$.  It is the land owners church group providing the food, they have provided some good food for the past Hare and Quad Scramble out there.  Lunch and Dinner is good too. Drinks and assorted snacks all day.  Last time they had BBQ pork and chicken sandwhiches that were really good.  I heard they make a heck of a strawberry shortcake too!!
Sold I will be there.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Albright335

Is it time to leave yet...wait did I just hear the horn blow???  :o LoL...

Hope to see everyone there...be sure and introduce yourself :):)  ;)

PS...The strawberry shortcake is the best I have ever heard the cake is homemade as well  :P
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Albright335 on January 25, 2007, 10:10:26 AM
Is it time to leave yet...wait did I just hear the horn blow???  :o LoL...

Hope to see everyone there...be sure and introduce yourself :):)  ;)

PS...The strawberry shortcake is the best I have ever heard the cake is homemade as well  :P

Yall sure know how to get us to an event. Im bringing lots of cash and plenty of room in my stomach.

Anoriginal, you better show up, its like a fat mans dream!!!!!!! We can have bicuits & gravy and strawberry shortcake. We can even stop at the hess and get some krispykremes
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

kenz

Glad to see that alot of you have decided to see what a Quad Scramble race is all about.  Even if you are just coming out to watch.

Once again here is the flyer for the race.  http://www.floridatrailriders.org/flyer/SAQR_012707.pdf

The entrance will actually be on Clay Gully Road.  Here is a little bit better description on how to get there if you haven't been to the past races at this location.

If you are coming from I-75 and getting off on SR-70, take 70 into Myakka City.  There is a BP gas station in Myakka.  SugarBowl Road is about 3 miles east of the BP.  Turn right onto SugarBowl and you'll go about another 3 miles to Clay Gully Road.  Turn right onto Clay Gully and the entrance will be a few 100 yards on the right. 

For ya'll coming from the east and from the south, I don't know of any landmarks to look for. I haven't come from that direction before.  I know that you can also get onto SugarBowl from SR-72. 

Be on the lookout for the signs with orange FTR trail markers.  They will be at the intersections where you need turn and point you in the direction you need to go.

Again looking forward to seeing everybody there!! 


Quote from: Albright335 on January 25, 2007, 10:10:26 AM
Is it time to leave yet...wait did I just hear the horn blow???  :o LoL...

Hope to see everyone there...be sure and introduce yourself :):)  ;)

PS...The strawberry shortcake is the best I have ever heard the cake is homemade as well  :P

I keep hearing, "10 seconds!!", over and over in my head  :P ;D
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com