Goodby Nextel

Started by Chillinthemost, January 11, 2007, 07:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreman

I have cingular and my phone works about 35 miles out in the ocean and way west of town when the nextels loose service.

wilburz

Nextel is so like 90's.

Matt

You will probably wipe quite a few seconds off your lap times know that you dropped that brick you've been carrying!  8) 
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

titanium10k

I have a Nextel company phone and the service is sorry.  We call them Nextime.... next time you will get thru

DjLeOo

We should copy this thread and send it to Nextel !!!
Ive had Nextel for about 8 yrs now and the service wasnt as bad as couple yrs back!!!
right before sprint came in and after sprint ive experienced 80% call drops and signal on those
damn phone !!! The service now sucksssss !!!! big time !!!
If it wasnt cuz lots of my friends have Nextel as well as family i would be gone !!!
[url="//www.atvmiaxtreme.com"]WWW.AtvMiaXtreme.COM[/url]<br />-DjLeOo -2003 Warrior-2007 Banshee-
[url="http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/AtvMIaXtreme/amxbanshooo.jpg"]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/AtvMIaXtreme/amxbanshooo.jpg[/url]

Bigscrb15

I switched to Sprint a year ago and the service was awesome!!! I had service in the middle of Ocala, down every road I went down and now I can barely get service in town. Sprint has gone to crap as well. They said they are working on stuff and its gonna get better. Ill give them til my contract expires and then im switchin if its not better.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

SWAMP_DONKEY

Got the new 880's today and we have had 0 issues...love the phones, happy with Next to hell again.

Ida_Mann

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on January 22, 2007, 06:14:35 PM
Got the new 880's today and we have had 0 issues...love the phones, happy with Next to hell again.

I SO want an 880,,,,ever since they came out.

just can't justify the expense at the moment.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: Ida_Mann on January 22, 2007, 07:37:46 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on January 22, 2007, 06:14:35 PM
Got the new 880's today and we have had 0 issues...love the phones, happy with Next to hell again.

I SO want an 880,,,,ever since they came out.

just can't justify the expense at the moment.

Id@

   Yea I know 600 for two :o

Ida_Mann

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on January 22, 2007, 09:51:02 PM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on January 22, 2007, 07:37:46 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on January 22, 2007, 06:14:35 PM
Got the new 880's today and we have had 0 issues...love the phones, happy with Next to hell again.

I SO want an 880,,,,ever since they came out.

just can't justify the expense at the moment.

Id@

   Yea I know 600 for two :o

yeah, I'm waiting for the price to go down quite a bit,,,,or I get a decent tax return.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

big-daddy

I'm waiting for the new diamondback  ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

foreman1

I believe they've over sold their band width in most of the large markets.


I've had nextel since the beginng what ever #of years that is in the south florida market. In the beginning it was great and we eventually abandoned the
Motorola repeater trunk radios. We loved the coverage but as the traffic increased the reliablilty went down.

In rural areas never had a problem , my sprint phone/service was useless and always roaming.

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

MuddyGirlatTheHump

I have cingular and love it! I have used them for 7 years and no real problems. The technical help is always friendly and helpful.
[url="http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7630/54xb9u7n0j9ttg7ln2.gif"]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7630/54xb9u7n0j9ttg7ln2.gif[/url]

[url="http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5515/untitledjv9.gif"]http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5515/untitledjv9.gif[/url]
www.atvmiaxtreme.com
[url="http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gall"]http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gall[/url]

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

mud.junkie

We have both nextel and cingular (att now). My wife hates nextel but, i love my new i580. The service is great here in south florida.I also like that i can switch just to walkie talkie mode with my fellow riders and it's good for up to 6 miles. That is great when her cingular phone doesn't work. My nextel 2 way works out in the boat 34 miles off shore her cingular dies at 9 miles. Overall my nextel has been good for the last 5 years.


mud.junkie

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com