Quad Scramble #4 - It's gonna be fun!!

Started by kenz, December 10, 2006, 09:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubnfrank

Ken, that place looks great. Makes me wanna ride right now. Looks like alot of hard work setting up a new course
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

jujulo700R

I might need to bring my poncho for this one lol.
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

kenz

#52
Quote from: jujulo700R on January 20, 2007, 03:28:11 AM
I might need to bring my poncho for this one lol.

You don't need a poncho just some speed and guts. :P There's a bridge for one of the crossings but the jump for it is a lot more fun.  You can leap one of the other crossing too so long as you look out for the other guy.

Quote from: cubnfrank on January 20, 2007, 03:12:08 AM
Ken, that place looks great. Makes me wanna ride right now. Looks like alot of hard work setting up a new course

Hard work, but the payoff of hopefully everyone enjoying the course is going to be well worth the effort.   We tried to get terrain in there that well, makes riding a quad the fun that it is.   
I'll be working this race, so hopefully I'll get to see you out there.
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

kenz

Quote from: Eric5555 on January 20, 2007, 01:16:10 AM
I think that im gonna go to this one......but I have to use my spare 250ex instead of my 400 because im not 16 yet......how long is the race???....and how far is Myakka City from boca raton???And do they sell numbers and number plates at the race?

You'll have to run the junior class(Quad Junior 91-300cc (age 13-15)).  There maybe somebody selling number plates and numbers but you could make something.  Junior class is a black background.  Some flat black plastic or sheetmetal that's at 7" x 10" for the back works well.  You'll also need one for the front as well, you can make that one a little smaller.  Just zip tie them securely to your quad and you'll be good.  Bring along some good sticky tape that stands out on black to make your number they assign you. 
Your number plates don't have to be fancy; at the last race somebody used colored dixie plates and tape.  They just have to readible for when you go by the score keeper.
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

Eric5555

Quote from: kenz on January 20, 2007, 05:01:43 AM
Quote from: Eric5555 on January 20, 2007, 01:16:10 AM
I think that im gonna go to this one......but I have to use my spare 250ex instead of my 400 because im not 16 yet......how long is the race???....and how far is Myakka City from boca raton???And do they sell numbers and number plates at the race?

You'll have to run the junior class(Quad Junior 91-300cc (age 13-15)).  There maybe somebody selling number plates and numbers but you could make something.  Junior class is a black background.  Some flat black plastic or sheetmetal that's at 7" x 10" for the back works well.  You'll also need one for the front as well, you can make that one a little smaller.  Just zip tie them securely to your quad and you'll be good.  Bring along some good sticky tape that stands out on black to make your number they assign you. 
Your number plates don't have to be fancy; at the last race somebody used colored dixie plates and tape.  They just have to readible for when you go by the score keeper.

o0o ok
[url="http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418"]http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418[/url]

2007 kx250f
2006 kx250f
2003 rm250

FOR SALE:
2003 rm250
-MESSAGE ME

TRX450R_Racer

#55
The pictures are SWEET!


Eric
It's about 3 1/2 hours. Approximately 225 miles. I live in West Palm Beach. We can hook up and you can follow us if you want.

We leave early on Saturday AM, like 3:30AM or so, stop and eat breakfast somewhere and get there by 7:30AM for sign up. You must get there early if you want to have time for the practice lap. Let me know. Frank
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Eric5555

ya.....Ill let you know cause right now my dad is trying to get off work for saterday.
[url="http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418"]http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418[/url]

2007 kx250f
2006 kx250f
2003 rm250

FOR SALE:
2003 rm250
-MESSAGE ME

mudnuri

3:30?!! OUCH!
We are gong to head out Friday night after work and camp out.
There's nothing like waking up at a race  :P
This club has really set the bar for future events. I love it!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

kenz

Quote from: mudnuri on January 20, 2007, 03:52:04 PM
3:30?!! OUCH!
We are gong to head out Friday night after work and camp out.
There's nothing like waking up at a race  :P
This club has really set the bar for future events. I love it!

See you on Friday.  We'll be there all day working to finishing touches on everything. 
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

Albright335

Let's Go Racing...Phil and I can't wait!!!!!!!! ;)

Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

xc450er

Was wondering if they are letting people move down a class if they have been out of the racing scene for a couple of seasons? To make a long story short, I was promoted from the B class to the A class. Well since I didn't have anybody to race against the 400cc and less class I tried to move to the 401-open A and they told me no because on the sheet I put 400cc's(like a tard),  wish I would have lied and said it was bored out, so I went to AA, and placed 5th at the end of the season. I haven't raced for two seasons and was hoping they would let me move to the open A class. If anybody has done this please let me know? I'm wanting to this QS and I'm extremely out of shape and would like to have a chance. Also is this race AMA?

mudnuri

You will get an answer on the FTR site and not here.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

xc450er

Good call, posted it in FTR QS area, what was I thinking? ???

digginfool

Anybody look at the weather forecast?  It's supposed to be in the mid-30's Saturday morning!!  :o Don't know about you but I'm not looking forward to those water-crossings in that kind of weather. 
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

kenz

Quote from: digginfool on January 22, 2007, 07:23:17 PM
Anybody look at the weather forecast?  It's supposed to be in the mid-30's Saturday morning!!  :o Don't know about you but I'm not looking forward to those water-crossings in that kind of weather. 

Where did you see 30's for the low??  The local news said mid 40's for the low and 60's for the high.  Of couse weather.com says mid 50's for the low with the high being in the 70's on Saturday. Who you supposed to believe??   ???

2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

mudnuri

Rain, sleet, or snow, I'll be there!!
I was reading a thread off another site, it was so cold at a race the poor guy couldn't drink because the water froze in the Camel Bak!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

1FasterBlaster

Me and my buddies are gonna make this one.I just put my yellow plates on my Z400-good thing it's yellow too!!

Eric5555

Quote from: mudnuri on January 22, 2007, 10:22:30 PM
Rain, sleet, or snow, I'll be there!!
I was reading a thread off another site, it was so cold at a race the poor guy couldn't drink because the water froze in the Camel Bak!
lol
[url="http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418"]http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418[/url]

2007 kx250f
2006 kx250f
2003 rm250

FOR SALE:
2003 rm250
-MESSAGE ME

digginfool

Well, can't ever trust the weatherman.  I was looking at the National Weather Service website and it said a low Saturday of 39 for Punta Gorda so I extrapolated mid-thirties for that due to the fact the race site is located well away from the city and warm waters of the Gulf.  Now, just like you said, the NWS says 43 for Saturday.  Still awfully chilly to be soaking wet from the water crossings.  Maybe if I go fast enough I'll clear it before the water falls back down!   ;)
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

kenz

Quote from: digginfool on January 23, 2007, 12:13:11 AM
Maybe if I go fast enough I'll clear it before the water falls back down!   ;)

That's the spirit!!

It's just funny how there's 1 national Weather Service yet 3 different forecasts.  At least they all were in agreement about the sun shine. 8)
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

Chillinthemost

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

mudnuri

$Ten Bucks says that rain was just what the Dr. ordered!
Tomorrow will soak it up and Saturday will be PERFECT!!
Tell your friends/family/pit crew to be ready with the cameras. Plenty of photo opportunities!

Remember 1st gear idle speed around the pits, please.
LET'S GO RACING!!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Chillinthemost

I'm bringing 4 new riders, 1 C-open, 1 utility, and 2 kids. I predict that we break 250 entries at this one :drive.gif Git it RAG.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

kenz

Quote from: Chillinthemost on January 26, 2007, 12:23:34 AM
I'm bringing 4 new riders, 1 C-open, 1 utility, and 2 kids. I predict that we break 250 entries at this one :drive.gif Git it RAG.

More than 250 entries would be sweet!!

Oh yeah, there will be some mud.  It was getting pretty dry in some spots so the rain should help keep the dust down... some.

see ya out there!!
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

Eric5555

[url="http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418"]http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418[/url]

2007 kx250f
2006 kx250f
2003 rm250

FOR SALE:
2003 rm250
-MESSAGE ME