GAS PRICES ARE A SCAM!

Started by stump66, March 10, 2005, 03:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stump66

Ever notice that the oil companies always seem to come up with some BS type excuse (LIKE NOW!) about the reason that gas prices are going through the roof? The high price of crude and a week dollar, gimme a freakin break. Every time there is a large travel holiday coming up ie. spring break, xmas fourth of july etc etc the prices of gas go up so they can gouge us for every nickle dime and dollar they can get.Why not just tell us they are screwing us and atleast give us a little kiss with it. I just thought I would vent a bit cause this crap really gits my goat.
 >:(
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

bbf

i agree they do and they make a ton of money and we suffer

SkyHighT100

I know the feeling. Could they put just a few more taxes on gasoline?? Lately I spend about $40 a week to fill my tank... now with the way things are looking, it'll be $50-$60 by the Saturday, lmao. I love driving around and going places, but I think for the next couple weeks I will find things to do at home or locally  >:(
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

We have to pay for there billion dollar house.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

stump66

 :o
COST ME LIKE 70BUCS LAST WEEKEND TO GO TO ONF IN FUEL ALONE.

BUT IT WAS WORTH EVERY CENT!
 ;D
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

SkyHighT100

#5
Oh yeah, I forgot.... daddy needs a new mansion and yacht [smiley=Unhappy.gif]

Well... last time I checked... I still need to pay for college and somehow manage to get a good enough job someday so I can afford to buy my own house... can I get some of those tax dollars sent to my bank account?  [smiley=dunno.gif]
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Hoosier Daddy

TRY owning a diesel! 2.30-2.50 per gal
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

yunt2ride

QuoteEver notice that the oil companies always seem to come up with some BS type excuse (LIKE NOW!) about the reason that gas prices are going through the roof? The high price of crude and a week dollar, gimme a freakin break. Every time there is a large travel holiday coming up ie. spring break, xmas fourth of july etc etc the prices of gas go up so they can gouge us for every nickle dime and dollar they can get.Why not just tell us they are screwing us and atleast give us a little kiss with it. I just thought I would vent a bit cause this crap really gits my goat.
 >:(

That would not be a bad idea. Have some good looking blonde give kisses to anyone buying $20 or more. Also maybe have some guy for the ladies.

You could advertise     COME GET A KISS WITH GAS
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

warrior123

yeah have you ever noticed the prices go up jsu a little bit just before the weekend i have noticed it is normally cheaper to buy gas on tues rather than thurs or fri

cain73

blame OPEC  they do what ever they want since they have all banded together and know that we need their oil. It's legalized terrorism using oil instead of guns or bombs. I say we put out a little more expense up front to get the benefits in the ens. Forget buying oil regardless of price...... just start bombing and soon enough they will give us the oil to stop the bombs from falling. Just a thought
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

DaKota

Im going to need to buy me a little motor scooter with like 40cc go 100miles to a gallon.

Seabee

QuoteTRY owning a diesel! 2.30-2.50 per gal

That ain't no B.S. Even up here in Georgia, where fuel is supposed to be cheap, I'm payin 2.05 for diesel, that's the same as premium gas. Ever heard the term BOHICA?
2005-Ford F150 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
2004-Volkswagon Jetta GLI
2005-Honda Rancher 4x4
2003-Honda 3??ex, ATP'd

Shotgun

I wish gas was more expensive, that way when I have to put twenty bucks into the tank it won't take so long to pump it!  ;)

americanhighlander

  >:( we need  put  more then 50 oil rigs  off  shore in  FL  off in gulf of  mexcio  something like  50miles offshore or 20miles offshore.We should  do like Alaska for there rules  what they do with there oil.And gas prices will cut down  alot some other ways. :)  8)
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

Gamer

I just want to say thank you to all of you who voted for president Bush.  It was a smart decision.  He has done so much for the American people with trying to help lower gas prices and everything else that has gone up 10 fold.  But then again why should he when hes making $50 dollars a barrel.  Atleast Clinton opened up the reserves and dropped prices back to normal when this happend in the 90's.  You won't see Bush doing that.  Matter of fact the rumor coming out is that gas prices will be up around $3.00 a gallon by christmas.  Thank you all again.  (Hehehehe) This should get the topic rolling.  LMAO...

CABLEGUY1

Also thank Bush for helping to secure our freedom . And while your at it thank our troops for there sacrifice.

Shotgun

QuoteI just want to say thank you to all of you who voted for president Bush.  It was a smart decision.  He has done so much for the American people with trying to help lower gas prices and everything else that has gone up 10 fold.  But then again why should he when hes making $50 dollars a barrel.  Atleast Clinton opened up the reserves and dropped prices back to normal when this happend in the 90's.  You won't see Bush doing that.  Matter of fact the rumor coming out is that gas prices will be up around $3.00 a gallon by christmas.  Thank you all again.  (Hehehehe) This should get the topic rolling.  LMAO...

Gamer, your a moron. Get an education and them come back and talk to the adults.

stump66

#17
Hey guys, I wasn't looking to start another flaming name tossing thread. Reguardless of who or what political party that be at the root of it I was just stating that in my opinion its a big bs scam. Thanks for partaking in the conversation and giving your opinions. Lets play nice.
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

Gamer

I was playing nice.  These guys are harsh on here with the name calling.  If shotgun was such an adult he wouldn't be name calling.  Anyways what I said was more of a joke than anything else thats why I posted LMAO.  I guess some people are not able to pick up on this.  What I said was not that far from the truth though.  Bush has done nothing about gas prices and yet nobody seems to care about this.  There are alot of things he can do to lower them and put more pressure on OPEC.  It makes you wonder why he's not though.  As for the war Cableguy I was all for it if Iraq really had WMD's.  Guess what, they didn't and now more than 1000 soilders have died and we are going to spend over 200 billion in tax money.  It was a huge blunder and the president needs to take responsibility for it.  If you or I made a mistake that big at work we would be fired for it but yet we still voted this man into office.  He should have resigned for it.  Anyways sorry for going off the subject a little bit but the flaming is bad on here.  I won't post anything else on the subject.

CABLEGUY1

Have you ever thought that maybe a neighboring country with Iraq that we know borders on the side of terrorism themselves possibly enabled or allowed them to smuggle weapons of mass destruction into there area just prior to our invasion? Has that ever crossed your mind or are you that anti Bush? Honestly,I'm not that concerned that they weren't found. Even if it was an excuse for us to invade Iraq I'm glad we did. Not only are we looking for chemical weapons,were also hunting down and exterminating terrorist outfits that would otherwise have the oppurtunity and commitment to continue there cowardly acts on innocent americans. So if we have to invade based on unfounded facts in order to protect ourselves then so be it. Would you want Saddam Hussien still in power and financing terrorist outfits behind the scenes? Do you feel comfortable knowing that Bin Laden is actively promoting and planning more terrorist acts against the USA? It seems that your'e more concerned with gas prices than the welfare of our children. I hope I am wrong. I give Bush all the credit in the world for having the b_lls to take a stand and retaliate for the ridiculas acts of cowardism brought upon us on 911. I'll gladly pay more for gas in order to have a little more protection for my family. We should thank god that we have the freedom and president to stand up for our great country. Yes I am deeply saddened at the loss of life invested in this journey. But is it neccessary? Absolutely!! Do I like paying so much for gas? NO! But I would trade gas for freedom anyday. Sorry to be so long winded but it just kills me when people bash the ELECTED president over gas prices. If your candidate lost in the presidential election it's do to a majority vote. Just be glad you have the right to state your opinion.What do you think would happen to you if you denounced Saddam in Irag when he was in power. I'm done. Sorry guys but this is what happens when you talk politics in an open forum. Lets talk about that ugly rolling tomatoe.

americanhighlander

#20
 ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :)

My dad  told me he heard  on radio this  morning mar 17 2005

Something  about  gulf of mexcio  they  uban  drilling  for
oil  they  going  put some more oil rigs in the gulf
and congress  up in D.C pass it.maybe  those gas taxs will  go down.At least the good news  we get our own oil somebody from other countries. :D :D :D :D

but I don't  know which part  area of gulf of mexcio.

maybe in a year so  those price hit  down...
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

backinsaddle

Front page of todays Wall Street Journal:

"Oil Companies Reap Cash Windfall from Price Surge"
"Exxon, Others, Face Pressure to Use Hoards for Dividends, Acquisitions, or Investments."

"The surge in oil prices over the past year has generated an immense cascade of cash that is flooding the coffers of oil companies, raising pressure on their bosses to pursue acquisitions, further boost spending on production or give more of he gains to shareholders."

So in other words, the rich are getting richer, the poor poorer.  and Bush and his friends pockets are getting filled.

How about lowering gas prices with all this cash?????!!!!

LE450-RACER#77

I SAY WE ALL GO PARK IN THE MIDDLE OF I4 AND BLOCK TRAFFIC WITH LOWER FUEL PRICE SIGNS. THEN WE MAY BE ABLE TO GET ENOUGH PEOPLE IN ON IT THAT THEY MAY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. I JUST PAID 2.60 A GALLON FOR FCKING DIESEL & THAT IS CRAZY AS HELL.
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

backinsaddle

I paid $2.50 this morning.  $75 to refill.


Thrasher

#24
check local gas prices..
www.gasbuddy.com

for florida

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_region.asp?region=FL

u can check deisel too...

:D
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com