Forestry service needs to make up their mind!!!!

Started by alafiaoutlaw, January 13, 2007, 08:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alafiaoutlaw

Ok, the rules and regulations state that if a road is not marked consider it closed. Now here is a twist in the minds of all that is trying to understand and keep up with all of the rules and regulations. The forestry service is marking all the roads that are closed on the Norwalk area leaving supposably open roads unmarked. Thus, the rules state that if a road is unmarked consider it closed. So, what do we do? I think they are just trying to confuse people so they can ticket them. I think it is just all about the money and that is it. I think it was pretty sorry that they started inforcing these rules in the middle of hunting season too, when people had taken their tree stands in the woods by vehicle. Now they have to carry it out by foot or get a ticket. I know alot of you don't hunt, but this is something we hunter's used our atv's for also. Now, we can't take our atvs or our licensed vehicle off the "designated trails" so people are going to be piled up hunting also. I've been running these woods for 27 years and am now ashamed to say I live in the forest and still can't ride my atv or my licesed vehicle thru the woods from my house.
2003 PREDATOR 500
2001 SCRAMBLER 500
2004 TRAILBOSS 330
2000 LT 250

Stewards

alafiaoutlaw:  Are you talking numbered roads maintained, number roads unmaintained, or trails. A trail is closed unless posted. Not roads, not yet anyway.

Yes, it is a confusing rule, there are numerous people that have been trying to get that rule changed but have not succeeded yet. That is a nation wide rule.

If I had gotten a ticket and the rule stated roads and I was on a trail, I would sure argue that in court.

I know this rule has been argued in the past, with several large organizations, and it has not been changed.

Hope this helps..

Stewards

dnigels

Is anybody starting to see a trend here?  I think the powers to be are hood winking the peeps!
'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 [url="//ext.cab"]Ext.cab[/url]

lisa

  Amen dnigels! Glad someone else is saying it too!

  Oh, BTW, this is not the first time Forestry has used confusion to close other trails or ticket folks....
In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904