next mod for new banshee?

Started by WAKORB, January 04, 2007, 01:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoknbanshee

if everyone agreed you wouldn't have options.  like i said, i would recommend cutngrs or 535.  i personally don't like anything that trinity sells, but that is my opinion and they are like a$$holes, everyone has one.  Chris also has a nice cub motor, depending on price you might be able to get a very SWEET setup and sell the stock virgin cylinders and make out like a bandit, but i don't know, because i don't know what chris (hoosier daddy) wants for his set up, but those cub set ups ROCK OUT. 

I can tell you what I had, it is was a very sweet set up and spanked bunches of bikes.  Cutngrs got me a nice port job done.  34 mm Kiehen carbs (would rather of had Mikuni's or Lectrons).  CPI inframe drag pipes (VERY NICE PIPES).  and cut can tell you about the rest of the motor, but it would ride out and had plenty of power. 

oh by the way, if you motor is spitting and sputtering at the top end, it is getting too much fuel, go down on the jet size restrics amount of fuel.

yes, you can get too much carb.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

WAKORB

#26
good lookn out there Smoke, and i love the as*hole analogy   ;D
the bottom line is that coming from a blaster w/ a toomey b1 kit, the Banshee rocks!

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: WAKORB on January 11, 2007, 06:32:27 PM
good lookn out there Smoke, and i love the as*hole analogy   ;D
the bottom line is that coming from a blaster w/ a toomey b1 kit, this bike rocks!

would have to agree 100%. 
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

WAKORB

How great would it be if we could get a all of us BANSHEE owners and fams (or not) together for a weekend ride? It would be great to actual see ride some other BANSHEEs that are set up diffrent not to mention talk with alot of you guys.

cutngrs

Quote from: WAKORB on January 11, 2007, 04:34:09 PM
     Sounds like the one thing everyone agrees on is the timming plate and 4 deg. not to mention cost efective. Smoknbanshee I would love to take you up on that offer please pm me if you are still interested. then I think the water pump impeler followed by a clutch lockup followed by the single carb setup will be my goal for the next year then maybe the bigbore motor and with porting and new pipes latter down the road. As for the Paul Tuners man that is a completly difrent design, WOW. Not to take your advise Cutngrs but I just jot the bike for X-mas and my wife had the Toomeys put on so I likely wont git rid of them till a BB motor is done. Thanks evey one for the input it has been great.

     A few more questions I have are

1. Is 4 deg pushing it or prety safe as not to get knock?
2. With a single Carb what size and jetting do you recomend?
3. With carbs is it not true that bigger is not always better due to the fact that a smaller carb will have more vacum than a largeer one?




4 deg  timing is pretty safe  you can go up to 6 deg an still be safe
a 33 mm or 35 mm    will work fine   as for jetting   it will come pretty close from trinity  but not all motors are the same  so it may take a little more or a little lees on yhe jetting

and like i said t5 are a great pipe and work best with little mods  a timing plate and a carb  with some dalta v force reeds    are a good starting point but i would put a cool head  with some 18 cc domes on it be for a lock up
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

WAKORB

#30
As Im in apoka I will probably come see ya when i need work done if thats your thing. Do you ride any where near the Big scrub area? I have yet to check out other spots in the forest yet.

Quote from: WAKORB on January 11, 2007, 06:49:57 PM
How great would it be if we could get a all of us BANSHEE owners and fams (or not) together for a weekend ride? It would be great to actual see ride some other BANSHEEs that are set up diffrent not to mention talk with alot of you guys.

06 BaNsHeE

Quote from: cutngrs on January 11, 2007, 07:24:32 PM
Quote from: WAKORB on January 11, 2007, 04:34:09 PM
     Sounds like the one thing everyone agrees on is the timming plate and 4 deg. not to mention cost efective. Smoknbanshee I would love to take you up on that offer please pm me if you are still interested. then I think the water pump impeler followed by a clutch lockup followed by the single carb setup will be my goal for the next year then maybe the bigbore motor and with porting and new pipes latter down the road. As for the Paul Tuners man that is a completly difrent design, WOW. Not to take your advise Cutngrs but I just jot the bike for X-mas and my wife had the Toomeys put on so I likely wont git rid of them till a BB motor is done. Thanks evey one for the input it has been great.

     A few more questions I have are

1. Is 4 deg pushing it or prety safe as not to get knock?
2. With a single Carb what size and jetting do you recomend?
3. With carbs is it not true that bigger is not always better due to the fact that a smaller carb will have more vacum than a largeer one?




4 deg  timing is pretty safe  you can go up to 6 deg an still be safe
a 33 mm or 35 mm    will work fine   as for jetting   it will come pretty close from trinity  but not all motors are the same  so it may take a little more or a little lees on yhe jetting

and like i said t5 are a great pipe and work best with little mods  a timing plate and a carb  with some dalta v force reeds    are a good starting point but i would put a cool head  with some 18 cc domes on it be for a lock up

Im pretty sure he wants to stick with pumpgas.I would go in that direction but +4 and 21cc domes with a noss head or coolhead.Pluss hq members get a 10% or something like that on noss heads and they look better and have different colors and you can use coolhead domes.Its all preference.VF3 are also a very good mod.That would be pretty fun to ride with other banshees and not have to wait for my 4poker friends.

cutngrs

#32
hay 06 banshee  what was the last banshee motor you built   not one someone else  built but one that you did  just wondering
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

Smoknbanshee

i changed the spark plugs in a motor a few weeks ago, does that count? 
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Hoosier Daddy

man! someone fixin to get cut up in here!
I say....
triple cylinder, out of frame pipes, NOS, nitromethane, and some fuzzy dice of the grab bar!
now thats the shiz~!
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

blupits04

I have a set of paul turner pipes and love them,the only problem I see with them .they are loud as shiot even with new packing in them but they do have a great power curve.your more than welcome to come over and ride my shee to see what you think about them.I live on the other side of clermont.Pm me if you want to try them.
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]

06 BaNsHeE

Quote from: cutngrs on January 11, 2007, 09:37:14 PM
hay 06 banshee  what was the last banshee motor you built   not one someone else  built but one that you did  just wondering

How many Ive built=0.Going to be this summer tho.Im not starting Sh*T im just saying he probably wants to stay with pump gas.I like getting my stuff done right until I know how to do it right.I definately will never put 18cc domes on a bike im planning to run pump gas on and +6 timing.

WAKORB

#37
Quote from: 06 BaNsHeE on January 11, 2007, 11:55:06 PM
Quote from: cutngrs on January 11, 2007, 09:37:14 PM
hay 06 banshee  what was the last banshee motor you built   not one someone else  built but one that you did  just wondering

How many Ive built=0.Going to be this summer tho.Im not starting Sh*T im just saying he probably wants to stay with pump gas.I like getting my stuff done right until I know how to do it right.I definately will never put 18cc domes on a bike im planning to run pump gas on and +6 timing.

blupits04  I would love to get to gether and check your bike out but Maybe one better we could all get together at big scrub or anywhere for that matter, perhaps the beginning of next month? Feb 3rd in the am somewhere? I would love to see the different setups we have all talked about. I'm sure there will be some that must know how's set up is better as the tention is growing in here. O and yes as money doesn't grow on trees pump gas is good with me ;D


dynodon

Quote from: 06 BaNsHeE on January 11, 2007, 11:55:06 PM
Quote from: cutngrs on January 11, 2007, 09:37:14 PM
hay 06 banshee  what was the last banshee motor you built   not one someone else  built but one that you did  just wondering

How many Ive built=0.Going to be this summer tho.Im not starting Sh*T im just saying he probably wants to stay with pump gas.I like getting my stuff done right until I know how to do it right.I definately will never put 18cc domes on a bike im planning to run pump gas on and +6 timing.
Thats FUNNY !!!!!!!
My last motor was on PUMP gas ( 4 mil stroker) with 17cc domes, Cuts old 7mil had 17,or 16cc domes in that, Both started out on pump gas, set at +6 degree and both ran like a scalded dog !!!!!!!
Every motor is different !!!! Timing will depend on what else you have done to it !! I believe Troy answered the ?? of "would it be safe to start at a certain degree of timing??". He answered that by saying YES, That would be a safe place to START !!!
I know of quit a few motors that Troy has built and all run HARD as heck, I am sure about now   06 banshee, he will be posting a pic of a motor that he built HIMSELF, and took a national title with on his BUSA
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Smoknbanshee

yeah, the size of the cc domes does matter but you can change the compression by changing the squash on the cylinders and the thickness of the base gasket.  domes is not the only thing that changes compression. 
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

06 BaNsHeE

Dude first off all.Grow the F**K up.Second off I will post pics off my build.Im giving someone advice that doesn really know what to do and doesnt have much flow to spend.Im pretty sure he just wants to drop in the head and go.You go ahead and run your bike with 17cc domes on 93 octane gas.Im pretty sure hes at sea level and Im pretty sure his compression will be way over 175 per cylinder.Do you really think he wants to change the squash on the cylinders?Go run 93 octane on a stock banshee with 16cc domes.Then post up what happends. ;)

06 BaNsHeE

Quote from: dynodon on January 12, 2007, 01:14:07 AM
Quote from: 06 BaNsHeE on January 11, 2007, 11:55:06 PM
Quote from: cutngrs on January 11, 2007, 09:37:14 PM
hay 06 banshee  what was the last banshee motor you built   not one someone else  built but one that you did  just wondering

How many Ive built=0.Going to be this summer tho.Im not starting Sh*T im just saying he probably wants to stay with pump gas.I like getting my stuff done right until I know how to do it right.I definately will never put 18cc domes on a bike im planning to run pump gas on and +6 timing.
Thats FUNNY !!!!!!!
My last motor was on PUMP gas ( 4 mil stroker) with 17cc domes, Cuts old 7mil had 17,or 16cc domes in that, Both started out on pump gas, set at +6 degree and both ran like a scalded dog !!!!!!!
Every motor is different !!!! Timing will depend on what else you have done to it !! I believe Troy answered the ?? of "would it be safe to start at a certain degree of timing??". He answered that by saying YES, That would be a safe place to START !!!
I know of quit a few motors that Troy has built and all run HARD as heck, I am sure about now   06 banshee, he will be posting a pic of a motor that he built HIMSELF, and took a national title with on his BUSA

I dont need to build hundreds of banshee engines to know it aint smart to run 16cc domes on pump gas.

WAKORB

#42
Hey guys its all good. I have got a great deal of info and even if i don't do anymore mods i have a much better understanding of the types of things to be done for improvements. Thanks all, there is no need to get bent out of shape. I have received a number of Pm's and seen other post, and the reps of some members speak volumes for there input. But then again LEEEETTTSSS GET IT ON! where AND WHEN? lets see these bikes run. I'm just playing calm down. ;D :) :P

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: 06 BaNsHeE on January 12, 2007, 01:31:29 AM
Dude first off all.Grow the F**K up.Second off I will post pics off my build.Im giving someone advice that doesn really know what to do and doesnt have much flow to spend.Im pretty sure he just wants to drop in the head and go.You go ahead and run your bike with 17cc domes on 93 octane gas.Im pretty sure hes at sea level and Im pretty sure his compression will be way over 175 per cylinder.Do you really think he wants to change the squash on the cylinders?Go run 93 octane on a stock banshee with 16cc domes.Then post up what happends. ;)

I am not sure if you are addressing this post at me, but if you are let me know, so I can respond accordingly.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

WAKORB

#44
no no no i just don't want people getting upset over thinking i might get bad info. thats all. you definitely have a rep that speaks for it self and your knowledge of the inerworkings of the shee. I greatly appreciate everything.

oops sorry smoke didn't see the quote above your post, i'll shut up now. ???

06 BaNsHeE

It was to dynodon.I aint going to fight over the net.If he wants to put 16cc domes and run on pump gas none is stopping him.I just know thats not safe.My life not be about building banshees for a living but I do know a lil bit about them.For the guy wanting to know what mods.Sign up on bansheehq.Thats the best banshee website online.

WAKORB

Quote from: 06 BaNsHeE on January 12, 2007, 01:49:34 AM
It was to dynodon.I aint going to fight over the net.If he wants to put 16cc domes and run on pump gas none is stopping him.I just know thats not safe.My life not be about building banshees for a living but I do know a lil bit about them.For the guy wanting to know what mods.Sign up on bansheehq.Thats the best banshee website online.

Thanks 06 i'll check that out.

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: 06 BaNsHeE on January 12, 2007, 01:49:34 AM
It was to dynodon.I aint going to fight over the net.If he wants to put 16cc domes and run on pump gas none is stopping him.I just know thats not safe.My life not be about building banshees for a living but I do know a lil bit about them.For the guy wanting to know what mods.Sign up on bansheehq.Thats the best banshee website online.

okay wanted to clarify for I made some obscene gestures.  bansheehq.com is decent and has a large amount of knowledge, but for hard core stuff you really need to visit planetsand.com.  that is where you can see the hard core drag racing bikes.  I have been working with banshees, racing, putting on races and everything for about 5 years, so I have built quit a network of people.  I will tell you this, once you have installed pipes on a banshee the next step really is getting a good port job on the cylinders.  That is where you will see your next big power increase.  good luck and keep us posted on how the bike is doing.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

cutngrs

06 banshee   you get on here and  you talk like you know some thing about a banshee. when you dont know sh*t .itill you can say that you have biult a few motors. dont ack like you know what your doing. a guy comes on here asking for some advice from peaple that know what there talking about.  not from some thingy like you who dose not no his  head from his a$$ 
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

dynodon

Listen here 06, I have seen and read your post on HQ. Yeah , I would have to say that your definately  the  KING of knowledge on a banshee. :bow.gif

Now go back get some more info from jeff @ FAST, or call Passion then second hand us some more info.
Troys motor that had the 16cc domes on pump gas had alot of work( squish, port, stroked, outta frame pipes, etc. etc) All that was in reply to your post about " he wanted to stay on pump gas, which you can do with the right work done to it.

Feb. 24th is the first race @ CR motorsports, Bring that bike of yours out , and we will see how FAST it is.

The man asked for info, so we all gave him info, BUT you have to come here and make like your the worlds best, when infact, you made the post on HQ that you were a" ROOKIE yourself, so Please dont bash me "
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it