What oil to use?

Started by GSPKurt, March 09, 2005, 04:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSPKurt

I was at the 'Zuki dealer today getting an oil filter for my new Eiger. He mentioned offhand that I shouldn't use automotive oil in my quad due to a wet clutch. Is this true? Why? What oil should I use?
Kurt
 [smiley=drive.gif] [smiley=drive.gif] [smiley=drive.gif] [smiley=drive.gif]
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Chuck_Norris

He is absolutley right, the friction modifiers in the automotive oil with prematurely cause clutch related problems. you want to stand by atv/motorcycle oils.

GSPKurt

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Shotgun

I have an 04 Eiger 4x4 and use Yamalube 4. Works great.

Da_Mtg_Man

I use yamalube on all my quads.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

backinsaddle

I use amsoil.  Last oil change I started using it, night and day difference in shifting.  It was smooth before...like butter now.