Main Menu

What Year?

Started by 1500z71, December 30, 2006, 03:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1500z71

Hi all,

I was wondering how you can find out what year a Yamaha Raptor is? I believe it is a 200cc. I sure you can use the id. number to figure it out, but I'm not positive. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Steve

yunt2ride

The tenth digit of the vin. What is it.

Code Year Code Year Code Year Code Year
A 1980 L 1990 Y 2000 A 2010
B 1981 M 1991 1 2001 B 2011
C 1982 N 1992 2 2002 C 2012
D 1983 P 1993 3 2003 D 2013
E 1984 R 1994 4 2004
F 1985 S 1995 5 2005
G 1986 T 1996 6 2006
H 1987 V 1997 7 2007
J 1988 W 1998 8 2008
K 1989 X 1999 9 2009
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

1500z71

Thanks for the info..

Steve

pochop7

I dont know if its the same but i had a question about a 06 blaster i wasnt sure if it was a 05 or a 06 and i called the yamaha dealer and they told me the 8th digit from the back was the production year  as for the engine size it should be stamped on the motor somewhere

yunt2ride

Quote from: pochop7 on January 03, 2007, 11:45:52 PM
I dont know if its the same but i had a question about a 06 blaster i wasnt sure if it was a 05 or a 06 and i called the yamaha dealer and they told me the 8th digit from the back was the production year  as for the engine size it should be stamped on the motor somewhere

There is 17 digits in a vin. If you count back 8 digits, it will be the 10 digit from the front. So, its the tenth digit. If its a 6 then it will be a 2006, if it is a 5 it will be a 2005
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

pochop7

 I guess I didnt word my post very well, after calling them I figured it out I was just saying thats what they had told me...sorry for the confusion