Should I Get AN ATV?

Started by jandccnfl, March 08, 2005, 04:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jandccnfl

Hi Guys, (and gals),
     Well I without a doubt loved to ride, I have had atv's almost all my life, (I started with an atc 110 then various dirtbikes and a warrior, and I sold my Kodiak 4x4 about 1 1/2 years ago).  I really miss riding but I live in orlando and hated to drive all the way to Croom just to ride for a few hours.  Does anyone know of anywhere    else to ride before I get another ATV.  I know that I want a sport ATV, something 4-stroke maybe a Raptor, but open for change of mind.  Please let me know where to ride and if I should get a Raptor or not.
Thanks everyone,
     Jim

dvx400#1

ocala national forest shouln't be that far of a ride fron orlando

jandccnfl

I will certainly ride ONF again, its not very far.  I had rode there once with my warrior.  I think that I was at bigscrub, I was ridding alone and had never been there before.  There was a campground there , but not much else, although I didnt go very far from the campground(because it was hunting season and alot of people walking around w/ guns).  I could only find a fenced sandpit next to the road and endless flat trails.  I know there must be more there and I WILL explore.  Also now I have a gps so I'm not afraid of getting lost.

I was wondering if there is something closer to Orlando for those after work urges to ride?
Thanks,
     Jim

amp

there is a place to ride over by seaworld that is decent. me and my son ride it on the weekends.

felix_z-4

Scottsmore is also pretty close, take SR50 to 95 north, I think is the 3rd exit.

RaptorTom

I love my Raptor good choice ;D
For Sale
2002 Blaster
2003 TTR125
1999 PW80

stump66

ONF,,, THREE LAKES.... RIVER RANCH (if ya know someone) HALOPAW... AND I THINK GREEN SWAMP IN NORTH POLK
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

eric

#7
Should you get a quad? Hands down YES!!! ONF or Big Scrub should only be about 1 hour from you. There are 2 fun pits there that I know of that you can get to (fun but not legal). There are also some great trails and sink holes to play in. As far as quads my favorite in order from the few times I have ridden them all are z400, predator, raptor! Raptor has most raw power but heavier and a bit tippy, not a bike you throw around. Z400 for me a bit more comfortable than Pred and therefore more fun to ride, and the Pred a bit more power than Z @ 500cc.

Honda328i

QuoteI will certainly ride ONF again, its not very far.  I had rode there once with my warrior.  I think that I was at bigscrub, I was ridding alone and had never been there before.  There was a campground there , but not much else, although I didnt go very far from the campground(because it was hunting season and alot of people walking around w/ guns).  I could only find a fenced sandpit next to the road and endless flat trails.  I know there must be more there and I WILL explore.  Also now I have a gps so I'm not afraid of getting lost.

I was wondering if there is something closer to Orlando for those after work urges to ride?
Thanks,
     Jim

Jim,  I'm doing a ride after work Thursday in the area, guess you will have to get one quick to come along though.  There's lots of us in Orlando, look any of us up and we will ride with you anytime.  Welcome to the site, this is a great group, you won't be sorry to get addicted again.  ;D  Frequently check the group rides section too.
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

GaryinSeffner

Yes you should buy a quad......but then again we're all biased on that question here!!

I'm not from Orlando but it sounds like you have several options there for local riding.

Now about that bike.....Raptors arent bad but how about a DVX? Its the same as the z400 and the kfx400 and I just happen to have a good deal on a 2004 model with very low hours. Check out the for sale section ;D Let me know if you're interested and I'd even be willing to deliver the thing!
[url="http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p303f35fcc449920617c6e316c7f86de8/f5cb0a20.jpg"]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p303f35fcc449920617c6e316c7f86de8/f5cb0a20.jpg[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com