TNT ON DEC.30TH AND 31ST AT CR MOTORSPORTS SAND DRAGS

Started by 535banshee, December 19, 2006, 12:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: xr100racer on December 30, 2006, 12:21:11 AM
you said no internal work for the stock class but on the dirtrags rules (http://341dirtdrags.tripod.com/id2.html) for the stock class it states no more than an .080 over bore for stock class. Well......can I run my .080 over raptor in the stock class?

the tech's will have to answer this one.  I did the calculations and that would make a 660 cc raptor app. a 686 raptor.  don't know too much about power difference.  might require 4 strokes to resleeve instead of increasing bore size.  you get minimal power gain from boreing small amounts of the 2 stroke.  everyone is probably on their way to the track, so hey will have to get back with you on this.
cya guys in a few hours.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

xr100racer

Yes, its now 686. Power gains from increasing bore size alone are also minimal on a 4 stroke, the new piston has a 11:1 comp ratio. Stock is 9.5:1         Hotcams stage 1, pipe, filter, and thats it. No head work, stock carbs, no crankcase modifications........

I couldnt find anything in the rules for the stock class or pro stock about cams

methyman

Congradulations to Smoke to take the Orange Crush on its first time out to the 3's. I herd the turn out was not so good?
Sponsorship
[url="http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/"]http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/[/url]

cutngrs

Quote from: xr100racer on December 30, 2006, 11:58:56 AM
Yes, its now 686. Power gains from increasing bore size alone are also minimal on a 4 stroke, the new piston has a 11:1 comp ratio. Stock is 9.5:1         Hotcams stage 1, pipe, filter, and thats it. No head work, stock carbs, no crankcase modifications........

I couldnt find anything in the rules for the stock class or pro stock about cams



ok first the prostock is a two  stroke class   now on to you ?   if you had an .80 over bore stock piston then  yes you could run in a stock class   but not with a 686 high comp piston   and no you must also have  a stock cam  i hope this  helps     i am also  the  head tech  at this track
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

cutngrs

Quote from: methyman on December 30, 2006, 06:17:46 PM
Congradulations to Smoke to take the Orange Crush on its first time out to the 3's. I herd the turn out was not so good?


thanks methyman   we had a blast  smoke  went a best of 3.94 at 84 mph and a 3.97 at 84 mph    we need more tire  and   its got lot more in still
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

Smoknbanshee

Thanks matt. What was more impressive was BIG DADDY ran 4.14's and 4.16's consistent.  I have tons of videos I will try to upload and give the link to them tomorrow.  Troy's wife (Wilma) did an excellent job recording about 30 videos today.  The bike has lots of potential, just got finished slow motioning the videos and 12 paddle rippers is NOT ENOUGH.  Track crew did an excellent job keeping the track nice and fresh from the back to back to back runs today.  The sprinklers are a dream.  Timing system worked excellent.  I think the attendance will pick up for the first race.  Don't expect many people for the first few races, because we didn't have that at saltsdale.  It will grow though.  My best pass of the day was 3.94 and 3.97, and had a few 4.01, 4.07, 4.08's.  Bike handles EXCELLENT, soooooo sweet.  Troy has built a very nice MONSTER.  I actually discovered muscles today that I didn't even know I had.  As soon as I can get the videos uploaded I will pass the link along.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

cutngrs

ok you know he ment me ;D  you  clown :J 2:L  ha ha very funny
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

methyman

Yeah 12 paddle rippers are not enough for that motor. The nice thing is someone lent you a set to try so you have some idea what you might need. I will be out there tomorrow to give her hell!!!
Sponsorship
[url="http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/"]http://www.edgeracingproducts.com/[/url]

cutngrs

yes  it was supper nice of   bobby i  think was his name  i would hate to have to by three pairs of tires to get it right     good luck tomorrow ill call jeff for up dates   
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

Smoknbanshee

#85
Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on December 30, 2006, 10:30:08 PM
Big Daddy?? The nextel guy? what was he riding?

I must not watch enough tv or i usually switch channels during commercials, cause you guys lost me on this one.  I have been calling him big boy troy all day, figured i would switch it up a little.  he still weighs 240 lbs.  guess it is better than what jeff has been calling him all day fat boy troy....
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Hoosier Daddy

Nah Smoke.... Big Daddy is a member on this site, He lives in Miami and sells nextels...
As soon as I get my trailer back from the repair shop ill head down to give the ole flat track 250r a go!

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Smoknbanshee

I see....I am having to resize these videos, so got one done.  This is the 3.94 pass.  If you like saltsdale you will definetly like this place.  This place has more resources which ultimatly makes it better.

http://media.putfile.com/394-sec-pass-at-cr-motorsports
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Smoknbanshee

here is troy's first pass of the day.  the video is not the best of quality, because i had to reduce the file size soo much so most everyone can play it.

http://media.putfile.com/Troy-cr-motorsports

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Smoknbanshee

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Smoknbanshee

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Smoknbanshee

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Smoknbanshee

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Smoknbanshee

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Smoknbanshee

#95
No.  big cheetah motor, not sure how big though.  and a whole lot of orange.

do all the videos work?
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

BANSHEE-BOY TONY FARROW

Vids worked fine for me looks good that babys running. Thanks for sharing them post more...... ;)
Wicked Racing TEAM    [url="//www.341dirtdrags.com"]www.341dirtdrags.com[/url]

dynodon

Well would you LOOK at that, I didnt know you could get a BIG orange pumkin to move that FAST !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!


Looks good Troy, I know there is alot more in it yet !!!!!!!!!
Thanks for posting the pics jason!!!!!!!!
We will be there with both  bikes in Feb., So LOOK OUT ;)

Ware, NO, Troys bike doesnt have the 4 mil, Remember, I have the old 4mil motor!! The last Stock chassis had the 7 mil. But I have a " NEW" Blaster set up from Nate McCoy ;D ;D ;D He HOOKED me up this time, he IS THA MAN!! ;)
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

535banshee

great videos smoke. :Clap.gif man what a good time this weekend. but my body is hurting so bad i am glad i am finally home to relax. troys bike has alot more in it for sure. we watered the track alot more for today and times picked up for sure. i think the track will do well and grow with time. if you guys have any feedback about the track and what we can do to help make it better. please call me or post your thoughts. ;D
matt ran today but a bad clutch put him out after two passes. :'(
cant wait until the first race in feb. hope to see everyone there. ;D

535banshee

if you guys look close at the back round of the video. you can see all the people that is there and thats just the far side of the park

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com