Will anyone be at Thunderbowl on the 6th?

Started by HondaATC, December 28, 2006, 03:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HondaATC

I know the SFTL awards banquet is the same day...but I need the practice and time to dial in and get a feel for things before the season starts up. Anyone else gonna be out there?
1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

flagmanthunderbowl

there should b. i dont know if ur in the laegue or not but even when they r at another track we do get a good crowed of none league members.. ;D but then again theres food at the banquet, lots of it and from what i seen in the lleague there going to need it  ::).. lets c thanksgiving, christmas, now banquet man i wonder is wieght going to b a issue when u guys come back.. well cant wait to get it going again c yall at the track (ray) flagman

Skully

Ray,
Maybe we can get Brady to start up an Open Heavy class, like they do with the karts!! Or better yet...... Open Heavy Vet class...... Wait... How about an Open Heavy Long-Haired Vet class !  ;D
[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: Skully on December 28, 2006, 02:15:11 PM
Ray,
Maybe we can get Brady to start up an Open Heavy class, like they do with the karts!! Or better yet...... Open Heavy Vet class...... Wait... How about an Open Heavy Long-Haired Vet class !  ;D

LOL! thats tooooo funny...  Im not growing my hair long though! >:(  ;D
Depending on how many "vets" we have enter for next season were planning on making a class...
membership is looking good so far  ;D
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

flagmanthunderbowl

thats an idea we r running a vet class any way. i think it should b called over 30 and 350 pounds. we should have a huge class.... :P

fastrnrik

Yeah, we're adding a 35+ Vet class at Thunderbowl this coming year. It should actually be a pretty good class. So far there's: Skully, Quad32, GasGas my buddy Rick, and at least two or three of the Naples crew that will run it.
I would race it too, but (cough, cough) I'm just too young. LOL. Even if I was old enough, I obviously don't meet the weight requirements, with my being only 175lbs and all.   

flagmanthunderbowl

as u can tell its bradys head thats 175 the rest well u know ;)

fastrnrik


derek330

Quote from: fastrnrik on December 29, 2006, 10:53:49 AM
Ouch. :o

i think they should make an exception for you!! !!  175?? HUH !! !!  but you told me...... nevermind!! LOL ::)
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

HillKiller

Quote from: fastrnrik on December 28, 2006, 10:46:47 PM
Yeah, we're adding a 35+ Vet class at Thunderbowl this coming year. It should actually be a pretty good class. So far there's: Skully, Quad32, GasGas my buddy Rick, and at least two or three of the Naples crew that will run it.
I would race it too, but (cough, cough) I'm just too young. LOL. Even if I was old enough, I obviously don't meet the weight requirements, with my being only 175lbs and all.   
Hey I'm over 35! Can I run the Vet class too?? :)
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Skully

Quote from: HillKiller on December 30, 2006, 12:46:43 AM
   
Hey I'm over 35! Can I run the Vet class too?? :)
[/quote]


NO DAVE!!!! Can't you see by the Vets listed..... We're trying to keep the skinny fast guys out!!! ;D
[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

derek330

thats right dave..... you are still too fast for the old farts !! !!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

flagmanthunderbowl

dont forget ladies that we r trying to have u a class to ur self.. and also we started on the mud track as well.. and i seen a rough draft of the tt track wow i like it so thunder bowl is taking the next step in racing.. ive been working on and off this track 4 ,10 yrs and this last year since brady took over ive seen it change for the better every day, my biggest concern with brady was he was going to b just like every owner before tell workers and drivers all these wonderful dreams and never once did they happen.. brady ur a champ man this track is going to do very very well says my crystal ball.. ok now back to a a@@ cant wait to c u guys .... later thunderbowl

LT-R450ApK

BRING ON THE TT TRACK!!!!!!!
I cant Wait,Brady or Ray is there goin to be practice Next Sunday??
Brady's has Made that the Best Track We race at to Date! Keep It up
Happy new Year Fella's
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

fastrnrik

I think Ray has found the left over liquor from our party.

HillKiller

[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

flagmanthunderbowl

we r probaly going to cut practice to every other sunday.. brady and staff work all week then all day sat. and just need a small brake for our familys, (dont tell our wifes but we do like the racing) lol no seriously we just need some days for us.. and i think it starts after the 6th.

550superquad

so will practice be open sunday the 7 th ??
1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat

fastrnrik

Yes, Test -N-Tune will be open on Sunday, 1/7/07. 10am - 5pm.

Also, it seems there may be a few fast riders coming to race on Saturday. We went over and spoke to John Natalie and some other Honda riders, and they said "Hell Yeah!" they'll come and race! Sounds pretty interesting.

HondaATC

When do you guys usually finish up the races on saturday? I have to drive back home so maybe Sunday morning/afternoon would be better for me...
1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

Hoosier Daddy

#20
Quote from: fastrnrik on January 03, 2007, 08:19:44 PM
Yes, Test -N-Tune will be open on Sunday, 1/7/07. 10am - 5pm.

Also, it seems there may be a few fast riders coming to race on Saturday. We went over and spoke to John Natalie and some other Honda riders, and they said "Hell Yeah!" they'll come and race! Sounds pretty interesting.

Yeah weve heard that one before LOL... ;) just like Tim Farr...  :o
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

fastrnrik

Racing on Saturday nights is usually over around 11 or 12-ish. Depends on turnout.

Heard what before? From me?I've never said any pro riders were coming to the track since I've owned it?I know Tim Farr stopped by a couple of times in the past to practice on a random weekday. Ray said he spent all day there one time testing pipes or something. That was before my time though.
I don't really know if Natalie and the other riders are going to show or not. They've been camped out at Hard Rock all weekend and Rick went over there and talked with them about racing with us. They said they wanted to come and race. I went over there with Rick yesterday and spoke to them myself and they said that they would definately come, but needed tires, which I've arranged.  The Yamaha rider Pat Brown, #199, said he was leaving town and wasn't into flat track racing too much anyway, but when the TT track was done he would definately be back.
So who knows? They said they wanted to come. If they do it will be cool, if they don't, oh well, we'll still be racing.     

LT-R450ApK

Sweet Wish i could be there Sat. but gots the Banquet,But i will Be comming out sunday to get my Fat butt in shape,I cant let Scott hog all the wins this season ;)
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

HillKiller

    Back in November I spoke with a friend of mine who lets Tim  park his motorcoach at his place in Dade City. They were at Hard Rock the same night we raced out final points race at TB but I couldn't convince them to come run let alone just watch. If these guys would ever actually show up it would be something and to race with them would be cool. :) Keep politickin, maybe someone will get em to come see what we do.

Quote from: fastrnrik on January 03, 2007, 10:12:34 PM
Racing on Saturday nights is usually over around 11 or 12-ish. Depends on turnout.

Heard what before? From me?I've never said any pro riders were coming to the track since I've owned it?I know Tim Farr stopped by a couple of times in the past to practice on a random weekday. Ray said he spent all day there one time testing pipes or something. That was before my time though.
I don't really know if Natalie and the other riders are going to show or not. They've been camped out at Hard Rock all weekend and Rick went over there and talked with them about racing with us. They said they wanted to come and race. I went over there with Rick yesterday and spoke to them myself and they said that they would definately come, but needed tires, which I've arranged.  The Yamaha rider Pat Brown, #199, said he was leaving town and wasn't into flat track racing too much anyway, but when the TT track was done he would definately be back.
So who knows? They said they wanted to come. If they do it will be cool, if they don't, oh well, we'll still be racing.     
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Scott270r

Amen Dave,

I would love to square off with the Pro's just to see what I still have left.  8)
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]