Sorry Everyone Sand Mountain will not be open

Started by TBR, December 28, 2006, 06:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBR

I just talked to JT and Sand Mountain called him and called off the open practice on Sunday.   Sorry guys, we will have to ride somewhere else.

ebtrx450r

Please say that this was a joke!!..??? I really wanna go!

Exmx54

This is a bummer TBR!!! Maybe we should all go to Hardrock, or bithlo.

dreth


Ride1Rob

WTF happened to bring about all of a sudden? Had many of us excited for all these weeks and drop the bomb on us 2 days b/f it's supposed to go down  >:(
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

RTR_380/450R

County caught wind and went there to tell Dale that if he opened Sunday that they would fine him heavily.  He almost did it anyway, just for spite, but his wife had to hold him back.  Sorry guys, I was assured that this was a done deal. Kind of embarassing. Race at Bartow tomorrow night though!

jt
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

Ida_Mann

fine him? for what?

not allowed to have loud smelly machines running on Sundays out there?

better stop the semi's coming through there then.

I call BS on the county, not the track.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

TBR

There is a zoning issue that needs to be dealt with.

trx#9

He needs to tell his A-hole neighbors that if they don't change there minds he going to turn the property into a garbage dump. Then they can enjoy the smell of trash every day along with the nose of garbage trucks driving down the road every day. >:(
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

450R_Matt

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Hoosier Daddy

Im sure im going to catch hell for this...
But, from reading the news artice Matt posted It doesnt seem Dale has lifted a finger to get his affairs in order to get the track reopened legally...
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

trx#9

You don't need a permit if you hold a practice without charging anyone. Have a donation box instead of charging a fee. Or turn into to a private club with monthly dues. ;)
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

TBR

It seems like the county is saying if the proper paper work was done than it wouldn't matter if the neighbors complained. I believe I would do it just for the neighbors.

Ride1Rob

Either way it goes, Dale dropped the ball on this. If the proper documents would have been filed for and submitted it seems that this wouldn't be an issue.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

#13_LT-R450

LT-R = SICK!!!!

Why stroke it two times when you can stroke it four?

ScooterB

It's not as easy as just applying for the permit and you get it.

There are alot of hoops to jump thru and the county can drag it out.

They will consider stuff like mitigation, habitat, enviromental impact,.........

You can fight city hall but it takes time and effort

my .02

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

Hoosier Daddy

right.....but he didnt even file for a permit.....
You have to file before the steps your speaking of are takin.
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

RTR_380/450R

Guys, I love Dale to death! But, I have to agree.  Do what it takes or dont do it at all.  All it does is give us a false sense of hope and in the end will just create bitterness.  Dale and his family are unbelievable people and extremely fair. But, either crap or get off the pot! Sand Mountain is one of the best places to ride, race, and practice in the state. He is sitting on a gold mine and not doing anything about it!
We will see what happens in the future, but I hope that they dont cry wolf again! Cause, I think that it will just piss alot of people off!
jt
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

Ride1Rob

Well it  pissed me off this time JT. Mainly b/c he looked myself and Wayne in the face and said that SM wouldn't be closed down. He denied it all the way til the end  ??? .
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com